CNA Documentary - Losing Our Jobs In COVID-19: This Is Our Story

CremornePt

14 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

I never kenna scam before from chio bu. but if got chio bu wanna scam me, i think i will fall for it. hahahahah.

sacrifice your body to her ok lor... just dont lose money...😅

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, happy_man said:

CNA is indirectly saying SGreans are more fortunate than others in this region.

We do are fortunate to certain extent..

You cannot expect a LOCAL broadcast to praise others and put its own down right? 

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Alg said:

Those who are retrenched and have joined the gig industries will be considered employed. So she is not wrong although we know this is all bulls**t.

The job of the Govt is to ensure people are employed meaningfully

If there are extra jobs can give ceca 

Are there extra jobs now?

5 hours ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

Its impressive from a state control media. Watch to pass time can. 

Hi Roger kor kor , so nong no see🙏🏻
How r u?

(edited)
6 hours ago, happy_man said:

tbh, I realised we are relatively more "fortunate" after seeing how M'sian reacted during their 1st MCO last year.

maxresdefault.jpg

Tbh, after seeing what friends in MY, Indonesia and Thailand are facing, cooped up at home for months (maybe years), losing their jobs and desperate to get vaccinated to no avail, I feel we are not doing too badly, there were missteps but we did more than ok (even against the AMDK countries who sacrificed their weak and old in the name of freaking freedom and liberty). 

We were fast to procure vaccine supply, jobs were lost but it could have been much worse and people were generally very disciplined and cooperative, keeping the virus under control (but Covid fatigue is surfacing). 

P.S. My Msians and Thai friends had their first dose of AZ in recent weeks using Japan donated vaccines. And Thailand didn't even join COVAK when invited, that is how bad the administrations up north are. 

Edited by Voodooman
  • Praise 6

Ppl sit at home all day for so long they have nothing and no one to criticise except the govt. It is good to remind ppl from time to time to make them shut the f up. Just saying.

• Praise 6

1 hour ago, Watwheels said:

Ppl sit at home all day for so long they have nothing and no one to criticise except the govt. It is good to remind ppl from time to time to make them shut the f up. Just saying.

can go McDonald's and f the manager [laugh]

• Haha! 2

Hypersonic

wah … hk xmm has fantastic work ethic and respect her desire to add value to herself 

singapore young couple jin high flyer and ses … under 30 already buy conti car buy condo hire maid 

😬😅

Some of the comments on the YouTube page are frankly pretty ugly. 

Each of these people (knowingly or unknowingly) allowed the film crew to tell their stories. While each of us viewers will surely have our opinion of their life choices up to this point, I don't deign myself as being more perfect than them. 

I respect them for having the bravery (some say ignorance) for having their journey through one of the most trying periods of their lives be documented and made public, and I finished the series feeling less alone that we are all going through some disruption in our lives due to the pandemic. 

• Praise 6

41 minutes ago, Macrosszero said:

I respect them for having the bravery (some say ignorance) for having their journey through one of the most trying periods of their lives be documented and made public, and I finished the series feeling less alone that we are all going through some disruption in our lives due to the pandemic. 

I felt that was a strong takeaway as well - the documentary clearly illustrated, how many (most?) of us have experienced some kind of "loss of a dream" (whether big or small, life changing or benign) as a direct consequence of COVID & the planet hitting the pause button for +1½ year & counting.

I didn't feel they sugar coated a "happy end" either, but rather a resolution to carry on with life.

In many ways a documentary through all 5 stages of grief. I thought it was great.

Kudos to all 3 families.

• Praise 5

3 hours ago, Voodooman said:

Tbh, after seeing what friends in MY, Indonesia and Thailand are facing, cooped up at home for months (maybe years), losing their jobs and desperate to get vaccinated to no avail, I feel we are not doing too badly, there were missteps but we did more than ok

I think so too. Our vaccination campaign in particular has been impressive, especially given our total dependency on overseas supplies - both in planning & execution.

For the planning part, it was good foresight (& some luck) we didn't end up with 10m AZ + J&J doses instead of Pfizer/Moderna.

You mention MY, Indo, Thai - imagine living in our not so distant neighbour Myanmar...talk about a life of hardship in full blown COVID despair, baked into 70 years of civil war, with no end in sight.

Once in a while I read the comment section on various overseas news sites (HK, Aus, NZ, Thai, MY, UK etc) - I still haven't come across a single country where the locals *didn't* absolutely hate, curse & swear at the sitting government or opposition politician & second guessed every single move they made! Or didn't make!! Everyone has an opinion. (holds up a mirror)

In fact, quite funny on overseas media seeing total equivalents of the opinion makers & characters on MCF. 😀

• Praise 2

On ‎24‎/‎7‎/‎2021 at 7:10 PM, RadX said:

Saw the whole Episode and it is a poignant reminder that this is real

in the meantime, we here who are employed and still in a relatively unfazed place must be in gratitude to be in this position. I definitely am!

Wonder how long more we have to suffer the pandemic .... [smallcry]

1 minute ago, Beanoyip said:

You never see the forum slamming the sinkie guy.. 

more fo slamming the wife actually

4 hours ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Wonder how long more we have to suffer the pandemic .... [smallcry]

If Delta hadn't happened, I think most wealthy countries (apart from Aus & Japan, who fumbled their vaccine roll-outs) would have seen the end of COVID oct-dec 2021. Developing countries another 1-2 years.

Right until June 2021, infection numbers were on a definite trajectory downwards. Vaccines were minor miracles. Even US were down to 10,000 cases/day, which is close to Singapore's current numbers adjusted for population. Some countries in Europe currently has lower daily infection rates than us. In North America Canada is reporting less than 300 cases/day.

But with Delta & its reproduction number of 5, it's just gonna get harder & harder to contain this virus, if not impossible...

I think COVID will be "over" when the World says it's over. Another 2-3 years - vaccines & treatments will get better & then we'll just slowly let go, COVID or not. At that time we'll also have a clearer picture on long COVID, especially as it pertains to the effects in vaccinated people. (currently we're seeing wild speculation on both ends of the spectrum)

Some countries will stay closed with indefinite border closures until antivirals have truly caught up & genuinely relegated COVID to a "bad flu". (China, NZ, Aus reopening in 2026-27?)

We'll see. So far any kind of planning has just proven impossible during this damn pandemic. 😀

• Praise 4