CNA Documentary - Losing Our Jobs In COVID-19: This Is Our Story

CremornePt

12 hours ago, Macrosszero said:

Some of the comments on the YouTube page are frankly pretty ugly. 

Each of these people (knowingly or unknowingly) allowed the film crew to tell their stories. While each of us viewers will surely have our opinion of their life choices up to this point, I don't deign myself as being more perfect than them. 

I respect them for having the bravery (some say ignorance) for having their journey through one of the most trying periods of their lives be documented and made public, and I finished the series feeling less alone that we are all going through some disruption in our lives due to the pandemic. 

yes, i watched it and after that learned to be grateful for and content with for what we have, instead of craving for more stuff that we may not need .. and also i learnt to be more emphathetic to those who may have lost their jobs like the spore guy ..

also learn dont over stretch, but this but that on expected income which may vanish overnight ..

• Praise 3

Make hay while the sun shines. Learn from the ant, not the grasshopper.

It had been reported in the news that people are quitting their jobs to during this pandemic.

I know a couple both around 40, with young kids.

They both quitted thheir full time jobs recently to focus on home and kids, and also to open up some time to do things they are passionate about.

They can do this becos they had worked hard for many years, being frugal and are financially ok.

No right or wrong, but the key thing I am saying is to take action when times are good not when things turn bad cos we never know when it will come.

It is perfectly fine to live in HDB and not condos. To take public transport or drive old cars no need to buy conti. Money in pocket is always bestest.

AND learn to invest your own money.

先苦后甜

• Praise 5

4 minutes ago, Columbian78 said:

Make hay while the sun shines. Learn from the ant, not the grasshopper.

It had been reported in the news that people are quitting their jobs to during this pandemic.

I know a couple both around 40, with young kids.

They both quitted thheir full time jobs recently to focus on home and kids, and also to open up some time to do things they are passionate about.

They can do this becos they had worked hard for many years, being frugal and are financially ok.

No right or wrong, but the key thing I am saying is to take action when times are good not when things turn bad cos we never know when it will come.

It is perfectly fine to live in HDB and not condos. To take public transport or drive old cars no need to buy conti. Money in pocket is always bestest.

AND learn to invest your own money.

先苦后甜

I think govt most scared this type 

Very low taxable base

high subsidy sponge 

:XD:

but don’t get me wrong I support :XD:

• Haha! 4

25 minutes ago, Mustank said:

Very low taxable base

high subsidy sponge 

Yah, we don't evaluate a person's contributions just from the tax he pays. Too many such negative cases in the news.

• Haha! 1

27 minutes ago, Mustank said:

Very low taxable base

high subsidy sponge 

Rather than individual, the tax base should be corporate.

Having more profitable businesses is better than having more employed persons.

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, CremornePt said:

Some countries will stay closed with indefinite border closures until antivirals have truly caught up & genuinely relegated COVID to a "bad flu". (China, NZ, Aus reopening in 2026-27?)

We'll see. So far any kind of planning has just proven impossible during this damn pandemic. 😀

its possible it goes into remission. SARS was 2003. and SARS-2 is 2020.

3 minutes ago, happy_man said:

@Nolicense 

I think you meant 2019. The disease was reported to WHO on 31 Dec 2019, hence "COVID-19".

The 2003/4 virus was given "SARS-Cov1". So the current one is "SARS-Cov2"

After this pandemic, we will be expecting "SARS-Cov3". A fact of life. ☺️

yea all in hindsight.. 2020

yea Covid 19.. but really hit us in 2020.. 

somehow the all clear in 2003 was rather unclear too.. it was just a sudden drop in cases and then no more..

will covid-19 be the same way?

1 hour ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Where ?

I like Perth more. [drivingcar]

There in Perth, the residents are not so racist against Asian. [:)]

they have in every states lah, we met a group 30 yrs ago on the first day we arrived for uni, makes me want to go home [:(] also had a few on separate occasions but overall still ok.

• Praise 2

(edited)
54 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

its possible it goes into remission.

It really has to at some point. Would be wonderful if it showed signs of disappearing next year, when global vaccines really starts to make an impact.

Maybe after a couple of global infection cycles, deeper immunity builds up, even across variants.

My 2026-27 "estimate" (what do I know? 😀) was a pretty bleak, worst case proposition for those countries who simply wants to sit out SARS-2 completely.

I firmly believe for instance China & NZ are fully prepared to isolate as long as needed - maybe they'll easen the quarantine rules a bit over time, but that's as far as it goes.

So far this novel coronavirus pandemic behaves quite differently than the less contagious spanish flu pandemic, which basically just fizzled out after 2 years after infecting 1/3rd of the global population. I believe the 2009 swine fly H1N1 virus ended up infecting 20% of the planet. (fortunately "only" killing 250k)

The COVID pandemic seems to have a much longer pandemic cycle so far. Maybe because restrictions have been drawing out the outcome, while buying time waiting for the vaccines?

With this far more contagious SARS-2 virus, I reckon large parts of the planet will get infected one way or another over the coming years, whether we like it or not.

Countries like US, UK, MY, Indo, India are already racing fast towards wide spread national infection.

Vaccines & antivirals are our only real defence against getting sick or dying. Spanish flu killed 50-100m, hopefully the planet will end up with far less than that from SARS-2.

Edited by CremornePt

Turbocharged
(edited)
1 hour ago, Mustank said:

403729D8-C387-42B3-8F38-321C5BAFE119.jpeg

Jenny still not that bad.. but her mother...

I very heng this part of my life over.. now is my children.. hope they met someone easy to deal with.. If not i need to ask bro @Jamesc advise liao! whahahahahhaha..

yesterday i watched another one.. not by CNA not during Covid.. i admired her for sharing her story.. and what she doing now to help others...

Edited by Ody_2004
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

1 minute ago, Ody_2004 said:

Jenny still not that bad.. but her mother...

I very heng this part of my life over.. now is my children.. hope they met someone easy to deal with.. If not i need to ask bro @Jamesc advise liao! whahahahahhaha..

I half a mind to tell them not to marry not to have kids

just 风流走四海

• Haha! 1

(edited)
On 7/24/2021 at 7:07 PM, Atonchia said:

Recently my friends and I received quite a lot of "part time jobs...... Etc from many different non-local numbers... 

My wife too.... I said these likely a scams too given if the are really genuine jobs posting why do they need oversea numbers? 

Unless they have something to hide. 

Hope such "jobs posting" are really looking a helping people out of jobs. 

U need to ask them did u apply for a job .. they usually say from WSG to linkined or from their database.,

just hope it’s not collating resume to pass to MOM to say non qualified and the client decided to go for a non Singaporeans .

you can always pass them contact details of your boss 😂 

Edited by Sdf4786k

On 7/25/2021 at 9:37 AM, Old-driver said:

Watched the 1st eps and the reality on the ground is real. 

What I cannot stand the english of our Singaporean.... every sentence must use the word Actually. I'm actually very tired. I'm actually trying to book a hotel right now. Actually, actually actually. Like a punctuation mark. Goodness.... even though the thai dont speak good english, its more bearable. The HK-ers english is the best amongst these 3.

My apologies for nit-picking on their english.

actually, if i actually use the word "actually", my england will actually sounds more atas actually. Right? or actually no? 😂

• Haha! 2

(edited)
On 7/25/2021 at 11:52 AM, Playtime said:

sacrifice your body to her ok lor... just dont lose money...😅

@kobayashiGThas phobia of going into lift with strange woman after been taken advantage.. one time .. 

at least that’s what I think but I may be wrong 😑 

the woman did an elevator pitch and make him buy car insurance 😂 

Edited by Sdf4786k
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2