We Must Increase Mental Health Awareness At Schools & Workplaces After RVHS Incident

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

pf5443ed10.jpg

MustShareMail: Mental Health Issues Are Important To Recognise Amidst The Pandemic

https://mustsharenews.com/increase-mental-health-awareness/

Dear Must Share News,

I would like to share my honest opinions and feelings related to the issue of mental health amidst the Covid-19 pandemic with the hope that awareness will be increased even as we move forward towards an endemic post-Covid world.

The recent tragic incident at River Valley High School (RVHS) has shined the spotlight on mental health issues amongst our school-going children.

Education is key in shaping the future of our nation and schools are a place to learn, nurture and grow.

But with this incident, will the Education Ministry and the Government finally realise that mental health issues are important and that it will see the light of the day of it being discussed openly.

The biggest hope would also be that more companies also recognise mental health issues as a condition that some employees might face amidst the pandemic.

At this point of the pandemic where everyone is feeling restless and exhausted after more than a year, the government should also realise that our society is already stressed enough, made worse by the pandemic.

Policies can also be drawn up for the benefit of everyone to seek redress on mental health issues and not let it go silent once investigations into this incident are over.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Winn

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7

Internal Moderator

We shouldn't think only about how to improve mental help, but also we have to educate how to build stronger mental resistance.

1. To have a better and healthy mind, you must not overthink stuff.
  2. Materialistic items can only bring you comfort, cannot buy you happiness. If you overspend on stuff and in the end you are still not happy, you will be poor and unhappy.
  3. And always find someone who can be a listening ear, no need to be a professional, just someone you can confide and speak to. But when you need to seek help from a professional, don't hesitate, just go.

• Praise 3

Internal Moderator
5 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

I think it starts from home. What schools and educators can do is limited.

Yeah. I agree.

• Praise 1

covidiots too many nowadays...luckily my patients didn't punch me for vaccination jab :grin:

every poke have to be extremely careful :slow:

hopefully mental health not affected [:p]

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
26 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

We shouldn't think only about how to improve mental help, but also we have to educate how to build stronger mental resistance.

2. Materialistic items can only bring you comfort, cannot buy you happiness. If you overspend on stuff and in the end you are still not happy, you will be poor and unhappy.
  3. And always find someone who can be a listening ear, no need to be a professional, just someone you can confide and speak to. But when you need to seek help from a professional, don't hesitate, just go.

Not easy not to overthink stuff. Some people just cannot control it? Like stress many times you also dont know it yourself that you are stress lo. So i think when comes to mental issue, not that easy to deal with.

• Praise 4

6 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

#1 doesn't work, you can't tell a person with anxiety not to overthink.

• Praise 5

Internal Moderator
8 minutes ago, Inlinefour said:

covidiots too many nowadays...luckily my patients didn't punch me for vaccination jab :grin:

every poke have to be extremely careful :slow:

hopefully mental health not affected [:p]

You need this? haha.

mexican-boxing-headgear-red.png&f=1&nofb

1 minute ago, 13177 said:

Not easy not to overthink stuff. Some people just cannot control it? Like stress many times you also dont know it yourself that you are stress lo. So i think when comes to mental issue, not that easy to deal with.

Yeah. I agree. There are days where I am in a very dark place too. So I took up meditation. It makes me realise our minds keep going to the future and past, and forgotten to stay in the present. Is not easy. But it is a good resilience skill that we should learn.

1 minute ago, Jman888 said:

#1 doesn't work, you can't tell people not to overthink.

yeah. this I agree. I usually have this thinking approach, if the thing that is going to happen to me is not going to make me happy or make me better, I won't think about it or do it. Waste of my time.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
21 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

#1 doesn't work, you can't tell a people with anxiety not to overthink.

I will tell a person with anxiety to exercise more. Go for a run, lift some weights or swim 20 laps. 🙂

• Praise 2

Internal Moderator
Just now, Inlinefour said:

ha ha ha...good idea but wear liao can't fit my face shield :grin:

Then you need to go for an upgrade. Don't worry, koba have ideas!

11bc08c75a123df2a2ca66e63b333b8e.jpg&f=1

100% made with brass. Impact and shock proof. Can be used for deep-sea exploration. :grin:

But try to speak abit louder when you are talking to your patient leh. They might or might not able to hear you. hahahahahhaha.

• Haha! 3

4 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Then you need to go for an upgrade. Don't worry, koba have ideas!

11bc08c75a123df2a2ca66e63b333b8e.jpg&f=1

100% made with brass. Impact and shock proof. Can be used for deep-sea exploration. :grin:

But try to speak abit louder when you are talking to your patient leh. They might or might not able to hear you. hahahahahhaha.

the only easy day was yesterday huh...hooyah :grin:

I think all patient run away from seeing me with this gear :XD:

dun need full ppe with full diving suit liao :yeah-im-not-drunk:

• Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
Just now, Inlinefour said:

the only easy day was yesterday huh...hooyah :grin:

I think all patient run away from seeing me with this gear :XD:

dun need full ppe with full diving suit liao :yeah-im-not-drunk:

I have idea to keep them at bay too. if you find it too gungho for your patient hor, you can put on the additional cover. over the helmet. It will help to look friendlier.

th?id=OIP.mS3zmdwqfjB3GC7QbzQDgwHaHa%26p

🤣 Can one. Trust me. 🤣

• Haha! 3

Supersonic
31 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

You need this? haha.

Yeah. I agree. There are days where I am in a very dark place too. So I took up meditation. It makes me realise our minds keep going to the future and past, and forgotten to stay in the present. Is not easy. But it is a good resilience skill that we should learn.

yeah. this I agree. I usually have this thinking approach, if the thing that is going to happen to me is not going to make me happy or make me better, I won't think about it or do it. Waste of my time.

Always say easy hor but do not easy la. Many times i also tell myself not to think about it but i cannot control it just like turning on a tap and off a tap so simple like that lo. Example when i am insomnia on one night, i cannot simply tell myself dont think so much and dont fret that i cannot fall asleep, just relax and i will fall asleep. But reality doesnt work like this. Cannot sleep means cannot sleep no matter what i do. Lol.

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
6 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Always say easy hor but do not easy la. Many times i also tell myself not to think about it but i cannot control it just like turning on a tap and off a tap so simple like that lo. Example when i am insomnia on one night, i cannot simply tell myself dont think so much and dont fret that i cannot fall asleep, just relax and i will fall asleep. But reality doesnt work like this. Cannot sleep means cannot sleep no matter what i do. Lol.

Yeah. really not easy lah. haha. I get you. Buddha also didn't get enlighten the next day when he decided to find the meaning in life.

This one really takes some training one. It is like you are doing bodybuilding, you need to hypertrophy your muscle then your muscle will then grow bigger. I think this theory can apply to mental resilience too.

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

Your friends aka the people you hang around with are the most important. So choose your friends wisely. Mental resistance I believe also includes the ability to handle setbacks, dealing with losses and having to live with a complete change of lifestyle - usually the causation of the latter. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2