Zertona Ceramic Coating

kurrent

Hi Guys,

Im getting my new ride with free ceramic coating done by Zertona from the AD.  Still deciding whether to go for it as i had tested 2 different company for my previous rides before. Not very impressed and very disappointed in the previous experiences from some "famous" brand. Any guys have tried Zertona services before or gotten the same coating fro m their AD? Appreciate inputs and feedbacks TYVM!

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

Free take lor

I had 'free' Zertona b4. No big deal. Still need to polish

In fact, all these so-called coating waste $$ one lah. Polish every 6-mths, the shine last better IMHO

• Praise 2

@Soyai thought once you polish, the coating will be gone liao. Which defeat the purpose of coating.

Actually im more afraid they ruin the original car paint instead of protecting if they never do a good prep job. I had a bad experiences before. Spend around 2k for a "famous" coating which scratched my new car bonnet when i went for touch up as the coating have white spots which my dad car didnt have when parked side by side. My dad car is non coated somemore.

• Shocked 1

Supersonic
(edited)
4 minutes ago, kurrent said:

@Soyai thought once you polish, the coating will be gone liao. Which defeat the purpose of coating.

Actually im more afraid they ruin the original car paint instead of protecting if they never do a good prep job. I had a bad experiences before. Spend around 2k for a "famous" coating which scratched my new car bonnet when i went for touch up as the coating have white spots which my dad car didnt have when parked side by side. My dad car is non coated somemore.

My point exactly

But if free, take lor. At least no need to polish for the first 6 mths. But don't buy into the BS that it'll last for years n no need to maintain, etc

Edited by Soya
  • Praise 1

Internal Moderator
16 minutes ago, kurrent said:

That is 2 different things.

The coating does not scratch/spoilt your car paint at all. It adds an additional layer to your car paint, just think of them as an additional layer of lacquer for your paint.

The one who scratches your car paint is the person who prep the car. The way they use the machine, the wrong type of machine or the dirty/used pads all will cause imperfection to the paintwork.

Like what @Soya said, free just take lor. If you really worried about how they apply, you can buy your own pads and cloth and pass them and tell them you don't want to mix the cloth they use.

• Praise 2

@kobayashiGT I know the concept behind the ceramic coating. Saw the whole process myself. My car was scratched around 1-2 weeks after coating by the same company who prep and did the coating. They polished and reapply the coating after they scratched it with dirty rag when trying to clean away the white spot caused by the coating . However their attitude were very bad and their boss still said that the scratch might be quite deep and might cause damaged if he polished deeper but he dont care. 

• Haha! 1

If new car then coating is additional layer...

If old car and they have to polish first (ie. smooth off top coat) so as to get max shine effect after put the new coating... beware lol

Supersonic
53 minutes ago, yishunite said:

If new car then coating is additional layer...

If old car and they have to polish first (ie. smooth off top coat) so as to get max shine effect after put the new coating... beware lol

Even if new car, it's not really 'new' as the car would've been sprayed w a layer of protectant against sea salts during shipping. And parked under the hot sun at the port b4 n after shipping

During PDI, the workers would hv to jet wash all that crap off n apply a layer of polish. I doubt if workers who have to prep a dozen of cars a day, they would treat it w TLC

End of the day, it's just paint. It'll be bombarded w acid rain, road grime, stone chips, bird shit n all sorts of crap. I wouldn't lose sleep over some fine scratches 

Give it a month n see how long one can be a slave to the paintwork.....lol

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
3 hours ago, kurrent said:

@kobayashiGT I know the concept behind the ceramic coating. Saw the whole process myself. My car was scratched around 1-2 weeks after coating by the same company who prep and did the coating. They polished and reapply the coating after they scratched it with dirty rag when trying to clean away the white spot caused by the coating . However their attitude were very bad and their boss still said that the scratch might be quite deep and might cause damaged if he polished deeper but he dont care. 

what shop is that ah? hahaha, Can PM me? hahahahahahaha.

On 7/26/2021 at 4:15 PM, kurrent said:

Hi Guys,

Im getting my new ride with free ceramic coating done by Zertona from the AD.  Still deciding whether to go for it as i had tested 2 different company for my previous rides before. Not very impressed and very disappointed in the previous experiences from some "famous" brand. Any guys have tried Zertona services before or gotten the same coating fro m their AD? Appreciate inputs and feedbacks TYVM!

I got it free from AD, done the day before I picked up the car....... more than 1.5yrs ago.

Have to say, it's made the car really easy to keep clean the whole while. It's needing some touch-up now, at least on the roof and bonnet as there are a couple of marks beginning to form and the paint has maybe lost a bit of sparkle so it's better to let them handle the whole.

@bsswanGlad to hear some feedback! Do you intend to go back for touch up / recoat? The marking you mean is it due to rain or water mark due to hot weather?

57 minutes ago, kurrent said:

@bsswanGlad to hear some feedback! Do you intend to go back for touch up / recoat? The marking you mean is it due to rain or water mark due to hot weather?

Yes, I will go back for touch-up....... ask your AD about any warranty on the coating.

There are some very small water marks beginning to appear on the roof, and i found one on the bonnet nearby to the windscreen. In terms of dust and dirt, so far so good in getting everything off very easily.

• Praise 1

32 minutes ago, kurrent said:

@bsswan bro update me when you go back for touch up. 😃 see what the damages like and workmanship.

I'm not going in the next few weeks, car goes back to the dealer first for a couple points😝

On 7/26/2021 at 4:15 PM, kurrent said:

Hi Guys,

My Infiniti came with Z also, really nothing. After 6 months went to do my own outside. But since free just take lor. Unless got option to "trade in" for service credits or something else.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2