Happy Nurses' Day

Fitvip

In today's SUNDAY FOCUS of The Sunday Times, a full centre spread was devoted to Nursing. Rightfully so. S'PORE NEEDS MORE NURSES.

If anyone has been to the hospitals, as a patient, or, even as a visitor, one would realise the dedication of our nurses. The tender loving care they render to each and every one of the patients, the busy schedule, and now, the PPE they have to don, do not make life easier for them. We are grateful to have such committed professionals in our healthcare sector.

A high percentage of our nurses are work pass holders, and a source had recently restrictions on their export of nurses. It is not too late to train more of our local core.

Happy Nurses' Day! 

Philipkee, we have not forgotten you!

IMG_20210801_072841.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8
  • Haha! 2

Happy Nurses Day.

Thanks for the loving care towards all the patients. It has been an extremely tough period in the past one and the half years, and no amount of word can ever describe the hardships you have went through, not to mention the fear and anxiety when dealing with COVID-19 patients.

Stay strong and healthy. [thumbsup]

EA3pIpMW4AAlBFT.jpg

96678224_3009292679107633_14626769039314

Fun fact: Singapore is the only country to celebrate Nurses Day on 1 August. The other countries celebrate it on 12 May – the birthday of Florence Nightingale.

Healthcare in Singapore was generally weak up till 1885, with a distinct lack of nurses to support the work of doctors. A frantic call was issued for nurses, and the nuns from the local French Convent answered it. They commenced nursing at the General Hospital on 1 August 1885 – a date which has since spawned our own annual Nurses Day. 

• Praise 11
  • Haha! 1

Agreed, nurses are what make the medical system work... too many hospitals becoming corporatize where only managers (doctors) get credit for work and everyone who actually does all the work is stuck in career endpoint hell

Edited by yishunite
  • Praise 5

I salute Nurses Day, in particularly 2 of my friends & one here in MCF Philip Kee for all their Contributions to society [thumbsup]

Dedication and Passion in their fields of work. In good or bad times, these nightingale shows their true colours through days and nights. For my NS and reservist, I marvel at the Medics, in the real world, I look to doctors and  " Nurses ", thy are true gem of Citizens [flowerface]

• Praise 5

1 hour ago, Carbon82 said:

Happy Nurses Day.

Thanks for the loving care towards all the patients. It has been an extremely tough period in the past one and the half years, and no amount of word can ever describe the hardships you have went through, not to mention the fear and anxiety when dealing with COVID-19 patients.

Stay strong and healthy. [thumbsup]

EA3pIpMW4AAlBFT.jpg

96678224_3009292679107633_14626769039314

Fun fact: Singapore is the only country to celebrate Nurses Day on 1 August. The other countries celebrate it on 12 May – the birthday of Florence Nightingale.

Healthcare in Singapore was generally weak up till 1885, with a distinct lack of nurses to support the work of doctors. A frantic call was issued for nurses, and the nuns from the local French Convent answered it. They commenced nursing at the General Hospital on 1 August 1885 – a date which has since spawned our own annual Nurses Day. 

Wow ! You seem to know just as much as about nurses as cars 🤣………. No pun intended ……. Keep it up Carbonpedia 

• Haha! 1

Happy Nurses' Day to all nurses, esp @Philipkee here.

Had worked with nurses some years back, and an aunt was a career nurse till retirement. All were very dedicated nurses.

When i had my surgery earlier this year, had felt the care of the few nurses who looked after me for that short period of time (I only stayed one night). Very appreciative of them.

• Praise 2

Is it a holiday for them? Happy or not LL still have to work. 

Wishing nurses in Singapore Happy Nurses' Day.

Got give them angbao or not?

• Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
54 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Is it a holiday for them? Happy or not LL still have to work. 

Wishing nurses in Singapore Happy Nurses' Day.

Got give them angbao or not?

Cannot holiday lah. If 1 of august all meesee holiday, then havoc lor.

Maybe a token of appreciation to them.

They have the immunity to scold all the patients! 😈

Mee see jie jie can said all these things to the patient

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47695az24yqhlkjuln2h

Patient A: Siao eh, You better eat your medicine ah, if not I beat you ah!

Patient B: press press press, can't you see I am walking over!!!!

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47skuhz52slob618m6xp

Patient C : go to sleep, go to sleep, go to sleep!!!!! (Action is better than words) 🤣

• Haha! 3

Internal Moderator
14 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

SAF medics counted in or not....?

image.png.c957873382b1bce4161cb7ef078cbea0.png

Why the first guy his beret like sailor cap.

His bicep so big, confirm combat medic. Fight war and paste plasters all over!

• Haha! 2

50 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Cannot holiday lah. If 1 of august all meesee holiday, then havoc lor.

Maybe a token of appreciation to them.

They have the immunity to scold all the patients! 😈

Mee see jie jie can said all these things to the patient

Patient A: Siao eh, You better eat your medicine ah, if not I beat you ah!

Patient B: press press press, can't you see I am walking over!!!!

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47skuhz52slob618m6xp

Patient C : go to sleep, go to sleep, go to sleep!!!!! (Action is better than words) 🤣

Your type of nurses very hardcore. If all nurses are like that nobody wants to become sick.

• Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
1 minute ago, Watwheels said:

Your type of nurses very hardcore. If all nurses are like that nobody wants to become sick.

Oh. like that even better mah! OYK life will be easier now. hahahah.

• Haha! 2

4 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Why the first guy his beret like sailor cap.

His bicep so big, confirm combat medic. Fight war and paste plasters all over!

Walao eh. His skin is so fair, confirm stay in the medical center lo.

• Haha! 3

13 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

There would be an international patient day to commemorate all the sufferings patients had to endure...😁

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 5