COE Bidding – August 2021

Carbon82

I dont think this is drop... more like yoyo. Must see several rounds to see the pattern.

Right now so much WFH I think it go too high ppl dont see the point. My car since COVID-19 broke out travel only 10k km over 1.5 years... luckily low COE that time but if higher COE I dont see the point

3 hours ago, Scion said:

woooh next week 7th month, prices should go down further?

7th month car price will go up, don't believe next month you go to joss  paper shop and buy car, price will certainly be increased by at least 50%. Mercedes, Rose Royce,  BMW, Ferrari are the few among many  that I can name them.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Haha! 3

5 hours ago, Imac said:

Yes, everybody is saying that it will be lower in 7th Month...

That's why, EVERYBODY is going to bid...

7th month is a good time to buy car since usually coe will drop?! 😂

16 hours ago, yishunite said:

I dont think this is drop... more like yoyo. Must see several rounds to see the pattern.

Right now so much WFH I think it go too high ppl dont see the point. My car since COVID-19 broke out travel only 10k km over 1.5 years... luckily low COE that time but if higher COE I dont see the point

ya same thoughts as me! after up then down, after up then down...

Come, I also join in the fun.

Base on my Star reading, smelling the air and connecting my consciousness to the next dimension.

new round COE will be UP........if not.........it will be Down.   😜

• Haha! 1

I was shopping at Kia, Nissan and Mazda (Ubi) yesterday (Saturday) and both Kia and Nissan are eerily quiet. Especially so for Kia. The sales person to customer ratio at Kia is.... 8 to 1 (I am the only one at the showroom when I arrived). 

Nissan was slightly better but still very quiet. 

Mazda was the busiest of the 3. 

Left Mazda with my signature on the dotted line with 2 bids guaranteed COE and a humble discount of the already "National Day Promotional" price. My guess is a lower COE on 18 August. 

The 8th September COE will go up substantially with 3 weeks interval and opening up of Singapore's economy as almost 80% of the population would be fully vaccinated by then. The crowded public transport system will drive people to showrooms to part with their money. 

On 8/5/2021 at 11:47 PM, GoodCar said:

Come, I also join in the fun.

Base on my Star reading, smelling the air and connecting my consciousness to the next dimension.

new round COE will be UP........if not.........it will be Down.   😜

Your prediction is most accurate. I can vouch for you. "Up , if not down or stay the same" to close the loophole. This is more fool proof than the 1st Law of Thermodynamics.  

• Haha! 1

On 8/4/2021 at 4:10 PM, Scion said:

woooh next week 7th month, prices should go down further?

Nowadays ppl buck the trend haha

1 hour ago, Civicblade said:

I was shopping at Kia, Nissan and Mazda (Ubi) yesterday (Saturday) and both Kia and Nissan are eerily quiet. Especially so for Kia. The sales person to customer ratio at Kia is.... 8 to 1 (I am the only one at the showroom when I arrived). 

Left Mazda with my signature on the dotted line with 2 bids guaranteed COE and a humble discount of the already "National Day Promotional" price. My guess is a lower COE on 18 August. 

The 8th September COE will go up substantially with 3 weeks interval and opening up of Singapore's economy as almost 80% of the population would be fully vaccinated by then. The crowded public transport system will drive people to showrooms to part with their money. 

What u bought and how much

• Haha! 1

15 hours ago, camrysfe said:

What u bought and how much

I booked the Mazda 3 Classic two days back for $91000 with two bids guaranteed COE. I do not have a trade in and isn't taking any loan. This may explain the sales person reluctance to match my initial offer of $90k nett.  

Edited by Civicblade
  • Praise 2

18 hours ago, Civicblade said:

Your observation quite in tandem with how few new-ish Kia and Nissan are on the road leh (and how many new-ish avante and Mazda 3 I have seen)...

The recently launched facelift Kia k3 didn't excite most people ah probably cause of the old engine and similar price to the all new avante...

Or maybe the k3 was even more ex than the avante with the 5.2k and 5.6k discounts heavily advertised by KMC and RTMT...

19 minutes ago, yellowshaun said:

Your observation quite in tandem with how few new-ish Kia and Nissan are on the road leh (and how many new-ish avante and Mazda 3 I have seen)...

Another phenomenon that goes with reduced number of COE quotas and the subsequent high COE prices (north of $50/60k) is that most of the action will shift to luxury makes such as Mercedes Benz/BMW and the likes as the COE component now makes up the bulk of the cost of owning a car. 

Maybe the showrooms at Performance Motors, C&C MB, Audi and Lexus are jam packed this long weekend? Bread and butter is out, caviar is in. 

If stupid COE go higher and higher and its too high for you

then come down to jamesc good quality used cars at affordable prices.

:D

The dealer with the most well know MIL in MCF.