COE Bidding – August 2021

Carbon82

Neutral Newbie

limited supply of COE, opening of the economy, perhaps soon the opening up of the border to Malaysia. I guess have to wait a another year or two before we see the COE going back to sub 30k level.  

↡ Advertisement

18 minutes ago, Superamd said:

I guess have to wait a another year or two before we see the COE going back to sub 30k level.  

If we look at the COE quotas from 2011 to 2014, the only conclusion we can reasonably draw is that COE premium is not going to come down until late 2015 at the earliest. The next chance for sub 40K cat A and sub 50k cat b is probably mid to late 2026 and into 2029 when the high quotas period goes for de-registration. 

Get in soon if you are keen on a new car or stand by and watch COE sky rockets. 

Of course if another Super Great Financial Crisis hits between 2021-2024 then COE price will be put under pressure but I doubt the market will implode that quickly. The money printing presses are going to keep kicking the can down the road. 

Capture2013.JPG

Capture2014.JPG

Capture2015-1.JPG

Capture2016-1.JPG

Edited by Civicblade
  • Praise 2

On 8/16/2021 at 8:36 PM, hwp said:

2 weekends ago, I booked a 6 bid non guaranteed Mazda 6. The AD just called saying COE should be going up, asking if I want to top up 1k for guaranteed COE. Is this a common practice? 

When I bought my car, AD asked me to pay $1k for open cat after 1st unsuccessful cat B bid. I just pay cos worried abt coe going up. 

17 hours ago, Civicblade said:

If we look at the COE quotas from 2011 to 2014, the only conclusion we can reasonably draw is that COE premium is not going to come down until late 2015 at the earliest. The next chance for sub 40K cat A and sub 50k cat b is probably mid to late 2026 and into 2029 when the high quotas period goes for de-registration. 

Of course if another Super Great Financial Crisis hits between 2021-2024 then COE price will be put under pressure but I doubt the market will implode that quickly. The money printing presses are going to keep kicking the can down the road. 

COE sure sky high we cannot afford to close our border any longer and due to supply shortage and increasing demand for cars during COVID 

travelling bubbles already in plans, not surprise if it hits up to $80,000 in 2-3 years

4 hours ago, mikk123 said:

COE price will go down...some people working from home will be the norm, or hybrid mode. No need to use car anymore. And secondly, a lot of people who are affected by the pandemic still living on past savings and government support, this will run out soon. They will need to reconsider the need to keep a car, or buy a new one. Thinking of opening up and our life back to normal? yeah, SG may have high vaccination rate, but how about other country? we prosper because we trade with others. Tourists from China and India is going to pack  orchard road again? not so soon. Delta is still keeping most of country locked down. and most importantly, We are not supposed to feel good and positive when such a pandemic hit us. If we do feel high, that is the artificial high. it will be over soon. 😑

Maybe you're right, but it would easily be offset by the lower COE supply in recently months and for the next 1-2 years... COE to maintain in the 45k range for a long time.

@mikk123 last yr during the CB 1 the real lock down. U see whether the Coe got drop or not?

Fyi, the supply of Coe is reducing every QTR. This is normal due to the 10yrs cycle of Coe

Example

2011 Aug - Coe quota is 1000pcs

2021 Aug - Coe quota will be ard 1000pcs+-

4 hours ago, mikk123 said:

COE price will go down...some people working from home will be the norm, or hybrid mode. No need to use car anymore. And secondly, a lot of people who are affected by the pandemic still living on past savings and government support, this will run out soon. They will need to reconsider the need to keep a car, or buy a new one. Thinking of opening up and our life back to normal? yeah, SG may have high vaccination rate, but how about other country? we prosper because we trade with others. Tourists from China and India is going to pack  orchard road again? not so soon. Delta is still keeping most of country locked down. and most importantly, We are not supposed to feel good and positive when such a pandemic hit us. If we do feel high, that is the artificial high. it will be over soon. 😑

Seriously doubt this actually. Everything u said here applied the last year and last couple of months but we don't notice a significant drop in coe, only drop in supply. Slight adjustments up and down are normal but the trend line seems to be up.

Some industries are badly affected e.g. FnB, hospitality but covid has also allowed some industries to boom e.g real estate, supermarkets so the high for them is real. 

41 minutes ago, Invigorated said:

Seriously doubt this actually. Everything u said here applied the last year and last couple of months but we don't notice a significant drop in coe, only drop in supply. Slight adjustments up and down are normal but the trend line seems to be up.

Some industries are badly affected e.g. FnB, hospitality but covid has also allowed some industries to boom e.g real estate, supermarkets so the high for them is real. 

COE has been actually quite steady if you look at last 4-5 months. This is despite drop in quota. So I think balance is that as COE go too high a lot of people who like the idea of car but don't really need it put off the idea or dont replace their car so soon so that balances the supply shrinkage. Those with atas job actually almost all can wfh. But at some point the drop in quota will squeeze into the carbuyers who own car by necessity rather than just for fun (PHV, company cars, etc). At this point COE will go up strongly and wont trend down until supply start to rise again... question is whether we have reach that point or not

But what I can say is the fear factor itt is strong lol

Edited by yishunite

Turbocharged

effect of US' unlimited stimulus lah

it causes US markets to surge to all time highs

many Singaporeans also buy US and crypto stocks, huat until buay lin chu

this economic recovery is one of the fastest in history, but will it come with a price of prolonged inflation?

Lol, for many years... there will always be those who say, I'm gonna wait for COE to drop until 30k, 20k, 10k then buy. Drop liao think will drop further, in end end still didn't buy.

• Praise 1

On 8/18/2021 at 9:24 PM, Civicblade said:

Capture2013.JPG

Capture2014.JPG

Capture2015-1.JPG

Capture2016-1.JPG

I have 4 years to save up, by then I can buy a cheap COE car.😄😄😄

On 8/24/2021 at 12:12 PM, Tianmo said:

4.5 years liao, time to change...  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Rich people must change car every 4-5 years during this era. Last era was changed car every 2.5 to 3 years. Lol.

↡ Advertisement