COE Bidding – August 2021

Carbon82

On 8/9/2021 at 7:58 AM, Civicblade said:

I booked the Mazda 3 Classic two days back for $91000 with two bids guaranteed COE. I do not have a trade in and isn't taking any loan. This may explain the sales person reluctance to match my initial offer of $90k nett.  

I will trust your analysis of the COE trend because anyone who can full cash a car without trade in is surely a worthy MCFer of the table wiper class.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

No worries, as the old saying 

What go up must come down. What go down will rise up. Eventually they will be the same.........:)

On 8/10/2021 at 4:48 PM, Mkl22 said:

taxi taxi... not part of quota

History has proven that not taxi but PHV is the one who will drive up COE  price

• Praise 1

On 8/10/2021 at 3:16 PM, Jamesc said:

If stupid COE go higher and higher and its too high for you

then come down to jamesc good quality used cars at affordable prices.

:D

The dealer with the most well know MIL in MCF.

I have not come across any good dealer who will sell at affordable prices. Maybe you are the only one.

9 minutes ago, Nav14 said:

I have not come across any good dealer who will sell at affordable prices. Maybe you are the only one.

Affordable as in HDB are affordable

and good as in every school is a good school.

:D

Twincharged
1 hour ago, Ct3833 said:

History has proven that not taxi but PHV is the one who will drive up COE  price

Used to be taxi, till they removed them from Cat A, then couple of years later PHV came in 

• Praise 1

History is going to repeat itself. 

Look at the COE quota and price from 2011 to 2014 and there is no denying that COE is on the way back up to $70k and beyond. 

The effect of PHV and higher wages for upper/middle income (for people who can really afford cars) will drive the COE prices higher than the 2014 peak. The stimulus from the Singapore government and the inability of Singapore's middle class to spend money (overseas travel) will mean some avenue to let off steam (purchases). Property is leading the way and inflation will ultimately work its way to new cars in Singapore. 

We are a small island in involution (内卷). Tuition, office politics, keeping up with the Jones, COE and finally which level your ashes altar is positioned.

• Haha! 1

On 8/15/2021 at 10:49 AM, Civicblade said:

er/middle income (for people who can really afford cars) will drive the COE prices higher than the 2014 peak. The stimulus from the Singapore government and the inability of Singapore's middle class to spend money (overseas travel) will mean some avenue to let off steam (purchases). Property is leading the way and inflation will ultimately work its way to new cars in Singapore. 

We are a small island in involution (内卷). Tuition, office politics, ke

What stimulus from the SG government? Less than $1k for most people in cash last year and jobs support scheme. I dont recall anything else major. 

What fuels inflation is the low interest rates which has nothing much to do with the SG government.

Neutral Newbie

2 weekends ago, I booked a 6 bid non guaranteed Mazda 6. The AD just called saying COE should be going up, asking if I want to top up 1k for guaranteed COE. Is this a common practice? 

13 hours ago, hwp said:

2 weekends ago, I booked a 6 bid non guaranteed Mazda 6. The AD just called saying COE should be going up, asking if I want to top up 1k for guaranteed COE. Is this a common practice? 

Pretty common when the COE is in a rising trend. 

One thing I like about TEK's sales agreement is that the counting of the bids attempt starts from the first bidding exercise after the sales agreement was signed. Whether TEK participate in the bidding exercise or not, one bid attempt is counted. You do have the certainty that after 6 bidding exercises conducted by LTA, you can request for your deposit back.

Capture_VSA_COE_Bid.JPG

Edited by Civicblade

13 hours ago, hwp said:

They will make more than 1k margin on your car even if you dont top up.

The lie is that COE is going up. Look at last 3 months. Updownupdown. You would be an idiot to pay

@hwp 

17 hours ago, hwp said:

Bidding not yet over until tomorrow. How he know it should go up? 

More important question is how much the AD is going to bid for you.

Edited by hansmith

@hwp if it's just 1k to get guaranteed COE, why not?

Get to enjoy the drive sooner, before going back to office becomes the norm and traffic becomes so heavy again...

5 hours ago, yishunite said:

They will make more than 1k margin on your car even if you dont top up.

The lie is that COE is going up. Look at last 3 months. Updownupdown. You would be an idiot to pay

This round COE thought should go down due to now is 7th month? Lol.

27 minutes ago, ZMC said:

@hwp if it's just 1k to get guaranteed COE, why not?

Get to enjoy the drive sooner, before going back to office becomes the norm and traffic becomes so heavy again...

Yes, the traffic will become heavy again by end of this month or next month, when more activities will be open up and more people would be allowed to go back to office soon. Although already find the current traffic quite heavy liao.

↡ Advertisement