happy_man

3 Worst Cars Only Stupid People Daily Drive

3rd Gear

Please don't kill me for posting in this group. Just that I find Scotty's presentation rather hilarious. 😜

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

26 minutes ago, happy_man said:

Please don't kill me for posting in this group. Just that I find Scotty's presentation rather hilarious. 😜

When you can afford a G wagen, you ain't stupid liao lah. :grin:

Even if you are stupid, you have the depth to be stupid.:grin:

• Haha! 3

5th Gear

This Scotty review is the most pathetic of all the reviews. Is just total rubbish and attention seeking.

• Haha! 5

Supercharged
6 minutes ago, Heartbreakid said:

This Scotty review is the most pathetic of all the reviews. Is just total rubbish and attention seeking.

Please don't waste time on SK videos

Just ranting without any substance

Twincharged

I clicked on this thread, see Scotty's face, straightaway I bo chup

That redneck is a one trick pony. Toyota is bestest, 2nd bestest is Toyota and a close 3rd is Toyota.....

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 6

20 minutes ago, Soya said:

I clicked on this thread, see Scotty's face, straightaway I bo chup

That redneck is a one trick pony. Toyota is bestest, 2nd bestest is Toyota and a close 3rd is Toyota.....

I never see him own a Toyota Tundra. So he is not a hardcore Toyota fanboy leh. hahahahaha.

6th Gear
1 hour ago, happy_man said:

I heard in one of his videos that his daughter-in-law is a Singaporean...

12 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

I heard in one of his videos that his daughter-in-law is a Singaporean...

So? it still doesn't change the fact that he is a one-trick pony. hahaha.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic

Really dumb  is clicking on his YouTube channel. 

Sorry for my candour. 

I used to be stupid but have move on now. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

5th Gear

@Soya Ya. He is more action than having any real knowledge. Worse is... He is still going on when his stuffs are just rubbish and irrelevant.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged
17 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Really dumb  is clicking on his YouTube channel. 

Sorry for my candour. 

I used to be stupid but have move on now. 

I think when YT first recommend him, he is funny in a comedian (Kumar style) sort of way for the 1st 5 - 10 videos

After that you realized he actually got nothing to share beyond his usual prejudices and stereotypes.

He posts around 1 new video a day ranting and disguises it with a click-bait thumbnail. I think the YT money is too good for him & his team to resist.

Supersonic

To me the 3 worst cars - British, French, Italian. 

• Praise 1

5th Gear (edited)

He is just one of those Toyota loyalists. He will tell u vios is better than Ferrari

Edited by Kia7200

Supersonic

Well, to be honest, I don't really like this Scott, but I finished watching the whole video.

If you have worked on cars, you can understand what's he's talking about. European cars in general nowadays, are super complex, used a lot of plastics, and when they break, every single part is expensive, not counting the labour costs yet.

I had an old VW van and a small Korean car previously. Korean car was simple, get a broken part, replaced it and it goes running for a long time. The VW breaks down, I replace the master brake pump, then 2 yrs later, the same part breaks again and again. It use MAF sensor, if something goes wrong it goes into limp mode. Korean car use cheap MAP sensor, never breaks down. Those 2 are just some small things I remember.

But if you want European cars, really, you need to spend a lot of money on it, for maintenance. bcuz it's simply more complex and the parts are damn expensive, not that they are better, they are just more expensive...you know, to feed European workers salary, etc..

• Haha! 2

Supersonic

These are more than 10yo cars. Of course they have problems. Some of the things he says are true though. Yeah, I watched the whole thing. 2008 BMW car models did use a lot of plastic parts in places like the engine cooling system. When expose to the heat from the engine they all become brittle. Ironically there are a lot of aftermarket parts for BMW that are made of Aluminium.

For the SLK, actually any Merc in around year 2008 are all very heavy in terms of weight. It has been like that for ages. But to be fair other cars including Japanese cars in 2008 are not light as well. The reason being Aluminium still isnt as widely use to make cars due to costs. Maybe that is why car makers chose cheap plastics instead.

To me the G wagon isnt the popular big suv back then. The popular one would be the Toyota Land Cruiser...for obvious reason. The G wagon like all other Merc they are heavy like fxxk. The G wagon easily weighs over 3tons. Yes, as heavy or heavier than the old army 3tonner which is also from Merc. Imagine the fc. LoL...

These are Dinosaurs which are gas guzzlers. They cannot exist here due to the tax structure for cars more than 10yo. It is just crazy to see 40-50 fault codes in each of them. Their parts and labour will rob you blind. I agree on this with Scotty.

After watching the video i understand why he chose such a title. I have to agree with him.

• Praise 1

Supersonic (edited)

I guess cars like these back then have a lot of conflicting issues and it is basically due to cost. Actually cars today are slightly better but they more or less have the same issue.

These are cars so called crammed with technology whether it is engine tech or whatever. But when it comes to the quality of the parts used it is not so high tech. Even though they are premium models of their day they are still mass market cars. They share a lot of parts even with entry models. They are not like "boutique cars" made for the individual. If every car part is made quality and made to last the car will easily cost several millions. But it is a mass market car. It has a budget to build and make and a profit margin to sell it.

So next time when you go shop for a car and you hear the claims, "this car is crammed with tech" you gotto think twice. Whether the parts used can handle all the tech be it mechanical or electrical.

Edited by Watwheels

46 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

These are more than 10yo cars. Of course they have problems. Some of the things he says are true though. Yeah, I watched the whole thing. 2008 BMW car models did use a lot of plastic parts in places like the engine cooling system. When expose to the heat from the engine they all become brittle. Ironically there are a lot of aftermarket parts for BMW that are made of Aluminium.

For the SLK, actually any Merc in around year 2008 are all very heavy in terms of weight. It has been like that for ages. But to be fair other cars including Japanese cars in 2008 are not light as well. The reason being Aluminium still isnt as widely use to make cars due to costs. Maybe that is why car makers chose cheap plastics instead.

To me the G wagon isnt the popular big suv back then. The popular one would be the Toyota Land Cruiser...for obvious reason. The G wagon like all other Merc they are heavy like fxxk. The G wagon easily weighs over 3tons. Yes, as heavy or heavier than the old army 3tonner which is also from Merc. Imagine the fc. LoL...

These are Dinosaurs which are gas guzzlers. They cannot exist here due to the tax structure for cars more than 10yo. It is just crazy to see 40-50 fault codes in each of them. Their parts and labour will rob you blind. I agree on this with Scotty.

After watching the video i understand why he chose such a title. I have to agree with him.

The SLK you refering to is not @SiLangKia right? eheheheh.

• Haha! 4

6th Gear
5 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

When you can afford a G wagen, you ain't stupid liao lah. :grin:

Even if you are stupid, you have the depth to be stupid.:grin:

In US, a 5 yr old G-wagon can be had for about 90K. They can afford to be a little stupid.  😁

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1