School girl wanted to jump off mrt track

Tohto

I wonder what kind of society we are heading towards to. Imagine the kind of stress the kids are going through these days or this era and the pandemic magnify it. If we are going towards the direction like Japan (where people work till die, or suicide), the future is really a sad one. 

• Haha! 1

Sad to see such incidents appear again.

Tks Uncle, on his assist.

Life in here really stress with add-on covid restriction 

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Heartbreakid said:

I wonder what kind of society we are heading towards to. Imagine the kind of stress the kids are going through these days or this era and the pandemic magnify it. If we are going towards the direction like Japan (where people work till die, or suicide), the future is really a sad one. 

Either that or kids these days really weak, as in zero perseverance.

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
9 minutes ago, Heartbreakid said:

Erm. But Japan has a suicide forest for you to stay there and die peacefully leh.

But that aside (and please don't fly to Japan, just to go to the suicide forest ah), the uncle is very commendable. I respect that he managed to talk his way out and save the girl's life.

For all who encounter problems, please know that we suffer more in imagination than in reality. Reality is not that harsh. Your imagination is.

• Praise 5

Internal Moderator
9 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

Don't like that say. They are feed with more information than us when we are the same age. Last time, I only use a pager and my "facebook" is a real diary leh, need to pass around the class and get everyone to write.

They just need to know what is real and what is not. They are not weak lah.

• Praise 6

Turbocharged
26 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

Too emo lah. Is it because nowadays the kids have a really good life? Everything taken care of, only need to study hard, and so they have too much time to think too much?

I fear this will lead to knee-jerk reaction of ever-reducing the rigour of our education system to the point that the masses become less capable.

But one thing I would agree is that the prolonged pandemic has contributed to this, the unpredictability, lack of usual social contact, etc. Not just kids, but as we can see some adults are also affected.

Too much social media is a contributor as well. It's good for the kids to totally cut off from all these. Then again, I've seen such online channels used for e-learning and HBL lessons are also leading to a lot of unproductive online chatter which leads to cyber-bullying.

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 4

Internal Moderator
6 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Too emo lah. Is it because nowadays the kids have a really good life? Everything taken care of, only need to study hard, and so they have too much time to think too much?

I fear this will lead to knee-jerk reaction of ever-reducing the rigour of our education system to the point that the masses become less capable.

But one thing I would agree is that the prolonged pandemic has contributed to this, the unpredictability, lack of usual social contact, etc. Not just kids, but as we can see some adults are also affected.

Too much social media is a contributor as well. It's good for the kids to totally cut off from all these. Then again, I've seen such online channels used for e-learning and HBL lessons are also leading to a lot of unproductive online chatter which leads to cyber-bullying.

oh dear. i always use my sarcasm whenever i play with nuub. oh no!!!! 

• Haha! 1

28 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

I think it's the lack of adults to talk to.... 

Or it can be pressure from adults and peers. 

And their life revolves around social media for most..... 

Once targeted or bullied and no one to turn to.... Will lack avenues to de stress. 

My time still can stay back at school play sports with friends or have many ECAs. 

Ponteng play snooker. 

Learn to smoke 🤦‍♂

We learnt to meet at specific time and location..... 

Chase girls..... 

Do part time jobs....

Copy homeworks from hardworking students 😅

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 6

Internal Moderator
4 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

I think it's the lack of adults to talk to.... 

Or it can be pressure from adults and peers. 

And their life revolves around social media for most..... 

Once targeted or bullied and no one to turn to.... Will lack avenues to de stress. 

My time still can stay back at school play sports with friends or have many ECAs. 

Ponteng play snooker. 

Learn to smoke 🤦‍♂

We learnt to meet at specific time and location..... 

Chase girls..... 

Do part time jobs....

Copy homeworks from hardworking students 😅

been there, done that. 

never chase girl thou. last time till now very ugly. hahah. don't dare...

• Haha! 5

Just now, kobayashiGT said:

been there, done that. 

never chase girl thou. last time till now very ugly. hahah. don't dare...

Chase girl must 不要脸。

Thick skin is enough, no need very handsome one.... 🤣

Those handsome one got girl to chase him instead. 

I see a few cases of requiring IMH care are those under very high pressure to perform well academically...... 

My parents just said you better eat and stay healthy.... 

No need to be the best, Study well and get good job. 

• Haha! 4

31 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

I totally agree with this point. No FB, Instagram for me (and my kid, at least that's what I think) . And some day I may have to cut off MCF too after reading too much Makan and Hoot of the Day treads! 

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Haha! 6

At least the girl is safe for now.

Hope relevant authority can follow up.

It hurt to see such news surfaced on weekly basis!!!!😤

• Praise 4

Internal Moderator
9 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

Chase girl must 不要脸。

Thick skin is enough, no need very handsome one.... 🤣

Those handsome one got girl to chase him instead. 

I see a few cases of requiring IMH care are those under very high pressure to perform well academically...... 

My parents just said you better eat and stay healthy.... 

No need to be the best, Study well and get good job. 

hahaha. my parents have no expectation of me. as long as never 伤天害理,never 吃喝拐骗 and got filal to them can le. 😇

no need me to be president or what lah. hahah. go out never die, go home will say hi! can le! hahahaah. 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 6

Supersonic

I may sound heartless, but I'll probably tell here she won't die if she jump. It's too low.

She will only end up in hospital with broken bones and lots of pain.

Does she want that ?

That will probably get her to come down, maybe try somewhere else, if she's not counselled.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1