School girl wanted to jump off mrt track

Tohto

1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

lucky me. I am a loser throughout my whole life. So I don't take losing so seriously liao. hahaha.

No wonder kids these days fall like lego when hit a wall because they not like you keeping leveling up :grin:

tenor.gif

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

On 8/3/2021 at 11:37 AM, Spidey10 said:

yah man.….let the kids have a normal school life....just as what the Gov have been saying, all school is a good school.....[laugh]  and i still see pple making a rush for ACS, Raffles, SJI...

what's the point? so that the parents can shout out to the whole hdb block that the kid got into Raffles?...So what? good now doesn't mean better in the future....

let them enjoy the school life, go out mix with frens and develop their on character and life....

as parents, paying attention is one thing, we have to let go of all these comparisons, ego, reputation, thinking that by pushing the kids, they will do well and is good for them....who are we to judge that what we are pushing now is good for the kids?

as the Chinese saying ...the length of our fingers are not the same....there are shot and long...so don't force all to be the same....look like an alien!!

I fully agree with you. Except for piano lessons which my kids asked for it when they are in pri / sec school, mine did not attend any tuition or enrichment class throughout their Pri/Sec/JC.

And I have never set any target (for test and exam) for both my kids. My daughter is quite automatic, working hard for what she wants, and when her results were below her own expectation, me and my wife (and even my mum) would asked her to relax and comfort her that she had done her best so no regrets. My son on the other hand is those happy go lucky type, exam results can be like roller coaster ride - 1 term get A1, next term got C6, but we also did not reprimand him when he did badly, just reminded him that if he want to go into his dream JC, he have to pull up his socks.

We always remind our kids to share with us EVERYTHING, be it good or bad things / news. We want to cultivate the habits of them talking to us when they encountered any challenges, and it works so far. Once in awhile, we will ask them if they need any help (a bit like ang mo culture), just in case they did not dare to open up. While kids need to be on their own eventually, as parents, we will always be the supporting force behind them, even until they have their own family...

On 8/3/2021 at 12:30 PM, Kopites said:

Anyone ever seem the RGS decal (on board...something like that . ) pasted on the car. 

🤔🤔🤔 There go your answer.

Ehmmm, my kids were in 2 relatively good JCs but I don't even bother to ask the school for car decal. What's there to shout about? 

不要一竹竿打翻整船人。。。[:)]

On 8/3/2021 at 1:16 PM, Atonchia said:

My place.... 

I see one neighbour kid wearing HCI uniform.... 

It's really far.... Then I realise have direct MRT.... But still a single trip is 1hr plus. 

But morning the parent likely send kids to school daily. 

Imagine all 6years of such long commuting. 

Then when we compare those kids from MY commute daily to SG before Covid-19. 

Not far lah. 😅

Mine is a classic example. I stay in the east and my daughter's JC was in the west. She was the one wanting to get into it, and I promised her if she can make it to her choice JC, I will drop her off to school every morning since my workplace was in Jurong. My son was slightly nearer, the one you mentioned... :D 

For me, it is just a slight detour every morning to work, and I gladly be their driver, as long as they are happy / motivated (I didn't choose the school for them hor).

• Praise 11

7 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

I fully agree with you. Except for piano lessons which my kids asked for it when they are in pri / sec school, mine did not attend any tuition or enrichment class throughout their Pri/Sec/JC.

And I have never set any target (for test and exam) for both my kids. My daughter is quite automatic, working hard for what she wants, and when her results were below her own expectation, me and my wife (and even my mum) would asked her to relax and comfort her that she had done her best so no regrets. My son on the other hand is those happy go lucky type, exam results can be like roller coaster ride - 1 term get A1, next term got C6, but we also did not reprimand him when he did badly, just reminded him that if he want to go into his dream JC, he have to pull up his socks.

We always remind our kids to share with us EVERYTHING, be it good or bad things / news. We want to cultivate the habits of them talking to us when they encountered any challenges, and it works so far. Once in awhile, we will ask them if they need any help (a bit like ang mo culture), just in case they did not dare to open up. While kids need to be on their own eventually, as parents, we will always be the supporting force behind them, even until they have their own family...

Ehmmm, my kids were in 2 relatively good JCs but I don't even bother to ask the school for car decal. What's there to shout about? 

Mine is a classic example. I stay in the east and my daughter's JC was in the west. She was the one wanting to get into it, and I promised her if she can make it to her choice JC, I will drop her off to school every morning since my workplace was in Jurong. My son was slightly nearer, the one you mentioned... :D 

For me, it is just a slight detour every morning to work, and I gladly be their driver, as long as they are happy / motivated (I didn't choose the school for them hor).

Hmm.....fairly good JC in the west ....RV.....the westest west already..😅

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
11 hours ago, Windwaver said:

No wonder kids these days fall like lego when hit a wall because they not like you keeping leveling up :grin:

tenor.gif

hahaha. no one wanna level up to be a loser one. Their parents sure want them to be somebody and not nobody. 😌

10 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

hahaha. no one wanna level up to be a loser one. Their parents sure want them to be somebody and not nobody. 😌

The funny thing is I'm happier when I was a nobody, besides, if we don't fail how do we appreciate success:grin:

• Praise 5

Internal Moderator
5 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

The funny thing is I'm happier when I was a nobody, besides, if we don't fail how do we appreciate success:grin:

hahaha. For a nobody like me, I don't give a fark. I live my own life and answer only to myself. 😎

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

23 hours ago, PSP415 said:

Hope the student recovers and no copycats.

I share a true developing life situation.

I have a nephew and niece who are faring very poorly in school. And the sad thing is, their mum says hands off, dun ask about results and no pressure in case they  jump down to their deaths. Serious. 

If we say anything or try to help the kids, even by a simple encouragement, we were told off and of course their mum won each time with the reply "it's my children, not yours." Did not help that my aunt sided with her. 

Not my kids, period. 

Send boy to day care centre, niece go to tuition centres but always leave fees unpaid. Mind you, tuition centre monthly fee is $1,500 for ONE kid. Fortunately, that time the younger boy too young to start tuition. My other cousin and aunt will have to pay the outstanding fees. Until no one wants to do so then tuition stopped. No, my niece did not improve despite the expensive tuition. 

My point is, all parents are so important to provide the foundation of a healthy and balanced life for their kids. They must take an interest and bond early. Love is zero with just loving words. 

Dun rely on schools, teachers, tuition centres, maids, grandparents etc. At most, they play a supportive role. Give birth must be responsible parents to bring up child well. Otherwise, please dun bring them into the world. Don't. 

Sorry for long post. 

Haiz. How they became jelly and first resort to problems is to take their lives?

Even the rich have problems. Who doesn't have problems in life? It is how one keep learning to be stronger each time. Fall, pick oneself up. Try again. Repeat till one die. That's life. 

Cherish your children pls. But do not spoil them until they become jelly and cannot handle life. 

Dun remove their ability to overcome life's problems, rather, teach them to share their problems with you so that you can guide them with a helping hand. Teach them life's skills well. No shortcuts, no cheating and no blaming others. It takes time and a great deal of patience and keen listening to your child. 

Dun give them an easy way out cos suicide is also an easy solution later on. 

Rant over. Thanks for surviving so far with me, c'mon, give yourself a pat on the head, I mean back 😅🤭😂😂😂

Stay safe all. 

Cheers 

let them face the wall and fall down, so to experience the hardship and painful lesson.....but encourage them to stand up and fight another day...support them and guide them to stand up!

i remember my son playing games representing school and lost a closely contested match and cause the school to lose the match....he was down and sitting at one corner of the hall sobbing away....i don't know what to say or do, and the coach told me not to go and console him now, let him be and vent out his frustration and anger...

so after a while when things cool down, the coaches went over and spoke to him....told him that is not the end...there will be another day, another fight, another opponent...and another opportunity!!!

on the way home, i told him, yes, you will lose, you will meet tough opponents, you will face such situation again and again, and you will fall down, you will lose again and again....but you must learn to face it and stand up again and again!! that's life....is not easy and never will be...so, best for now is you are young and have plenty of time to learn and pick up!!

hahahhahaha...next day he lost to a girl in school and came home crying again....hahahhaha...and i told him, be prepared to lose to more girls!!![laugh]

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 7

Turbocharged
On 8/3/2021 at 1:16 PM, Atonchia said:

My place.... 

I see one neighbour kid wearing HCI uniform.... 

It's really far.... Then I realise have direct MRT.... But still a single trip is 1hr plus. 

But morning the parent likely send kids to school daily. 

Imagine all 6years of such long commuting. 

Then when we compare those kids from MY commute daily to SG before Covid-19. 

Not far lah. 😅

Just prepares you for real life, isn't it? When I started working many years ago, haven't yet had the accumulated income to buy a car, so my commute by feeder bus - MRT - feeder bus can be 1.5+ hours each way daily because in those days the MRT network was not yet so extensive. We adapt. Continue beauty sleep on MRT, not too bad.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

14 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Just prepares you for real life, isn't it? When I started working many years ago, haven't yet had the accumulated income to buy a car, so my commute by feeder bus - MRT - feeder bus can be 1.5+ hours each way daily because in those days the MRT network was not yet so extensive. We adapt. Continue beauty sleep on MRT, not too bad.

very normal....i will find a place sit down and close my eyes....last time! nowadays, busy looking at the phone....[laugh]

• Praise 1

26 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Talking about that, for my generation,  we have busses that will go into their pump station  mid way of their journey for refueling, all  the passengers will have to  stay on the bus and enjoy  the smell of diesel for free . And during the older days, no one will complain, time was no an issue as well, everybody will just wait patiently in the non aircon bus.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 3

11 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

I think I have WFH too long....😅😅 Forgotten we need to travel to office work too. 

So now it's makes more sense to send kids to school in morning when even school is further than schools nearer to home. Because we need to travel to office too. 😅

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Sosaria said:

My parents stay at East as well.... 

My poly days.... Took bus, 1 to 1.5 hours per way depending in traffic conditions.... 

• Praise 3

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Spidey10 said:

very normal....i will find a place sit down and close my eyes....last time! nowadays, busy looking at the phone....[laugh]

Last time, that era still using nokia 3310 or motorola clamshell, can do what on the phone? Play "Snake" [laugh] countless times.

Luckily got chio bu OL occasionally to relieve the boredom. But those days still dressing quite conservatively.

• Haha! 1

24 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Last time, that era still using nokia 3310 or motorola clamshell, can do what on the phone? Play "Snake" [laugh] countless times.

Luckily got chio bu OL occasionally to relieve the boredom. But those days still dressing quite conservatively.

yup, you nailed it...…[laugh]..that's why last time get on MRT and just close eyes....and rest!

now looking at phone, else head look up, turn left, turn right,  to see got chio bu, also nowadays very glaring in the MRT, will wear sunnies too...[laugh]..look at the brighter side, life is not so bad, though i didn't do well in my studies...[laugh]..

• Haha! 3

2 hours ago, Spidey10 said:

let them face the wall and fall down, so to experience the hardship and painful lesson.....but encourage them to stand up and fight another day...support them and guide them to stand up!

i remember my son playing games representing school and lost a closely contested match and cause the school to lose the match....he was down and sitting at one corner of the hall sobbing away....i don't know what to say or do, and the coach told me not to go and console him now, let him be and vent out his frustration and anger...

so after a while when things cool down, the coaches went over and spoke to him....told him that is not the end...there will be another day, another fight, another opponent...and another opportunity!!!

on the way home, i told him, yes, you will lose, you will meet tough opponents, you will face such situation again and again, and you will fall down, you will lose again and again....but you must learn to face it and stand up again and again!! that's life....is not easy and never will be...so, best for now is you are young and have plenty of time to learn and pick up!!

hahahhahaha...next day he lost to a girl in school and came home crying again....hahahhaha...and i told him, be prepared to lose to more girls!!![laugh]

You should have told him.."go marry that girl.."😁

• Haha! 2

2 minutes ago, Kopites said:

You should have told him.."go marry that girl.."😁

wahh...cannot, everytime lose to a girl and marry her, he'll be in trouble....lost to countless girls...[laugh]

lesson here is there will always be tomorrow, another place, another time, another opportunity...bet on it he will get up, learn and continue his journey!!

is not the end!! right...

• Praise 1

Just now, Spidey10 said:

wahh...cannot, everytime lose to a girl and marry her, he'll be in trouble....lost to countless girls...[laugh]

lesson here is there will always be tomorrow, another place, another time, another opportunity...bet on it he will get up, learn and continue his journey!!

is not the end!! right...

Come to think of it not totally wrong.

In life if a guy can find a gal willing and capable to protect/shelter him he would be the envy ... right?

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

Talking about that, for my generation,  we have busses that will go into their pump station  mid way of their journey for refueling, all  the passengers will have to  stay on the bus and enjoy  the smell of diesel for free . And during the older days, no one will complain, time was no an issue as well, everybody will just wait patiently in the non aircon bus.

During NS at PLA... take bus 93 home n bus will stop at 1 small bay near old SIA cabin crew training ctr.. bus driver will come out to turn over the bus service number... smoke.. talk cock..drink kopi o.... we lan2 all jus sit n wait. No aircon no hp. If lucky, hv trainee stewardess but by year 89/90... most look like face/body kana langgar.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 2