Is it easier to park a car with or without cars around you?

unicornfloof

36 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

If empty lots, take out the 4 poles from the trunk and place them at each corner of the lot..... That's how I learned. 😅

Sorry - different era!

ask my VC cum 3 pax unload stand 4 corners then I park :grin:

• Haha! 4

1 hour ago, unicornfloof said:

So I recently passed my driver's license and have been parking in empty lots whenever I can (because it's easier for me). However, my friends have told me that they think it's much easier to park with cars on either side. I don't agree with them (mainly because I am scared that I will hit a car while reversing),  but I do wonder if that is the case for most drivers. Is it true that it is easier to park with cars around and if so, what are some tips in doing it properly? 😓

Well... It can be quite easy to park when there is car beside you if that car is not too big as you can make reference from it.

If that adjacent vehicle is too long and protruding that you have to have more buffer space and but sometimes space may be tight and you may not go in easily.

Last time my driving instructor taught me that if I reversed and hit onto other parked vehicles and if nobody noticed then quickly drive away.

Nowadays cannot do that because cameras are everywhere.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

17 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Is this your friend too? Trying to share a parking lot with the BMW?

Did the Mitsubishi hit onto the parked BMW??[rolleyes]

Seemed a close shave but I don't see the BMW shaking or vibrating.

Might be there still a 3mm gap...:D

1 minute ago, inlinesix said:

Parking is a skill that will challenge a person's learning agility.

and for women...her sanity🤣

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Turboflat4 said:

Parking may be easier with cars around, but the consequences of an error are harder to deal with. You decide which is easier, which is harder.

I prefer to park where there are no cars to avoid dings. The only times when I might need a bit of adjustment are when the lines are worn and difficult to see, but no biggie. 

Cue @RadXwith his cone-h jokes. Eh, let me do the diss-honours, I think every lot should have cones I can hit. 😂

We know why u park far far

• Haha! 10

No cars around, just anyhow park?? 😂 just kidding..

I think no difference, got lines on the ground anyway, just use them as markers..

15 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

https://www.scmp.com/video/scmp-originals/3138142/chinese-xpeng-electric-car-can-drive-and-park-itself

Yes - The Chinese EV Xpeng can.

I have given up using auto park. Very slow. I park much much faster.

Technically sure can since we hv the 360 view. Just need the map and AI to recognize the structures 

amazing man the Xpeng

1 hour ago, RadX said:

@Jamesc will offer his MIL as the parking pole for new drivers

But there's an danger.

She may not stay static.

She may shift around and caused confusion.

• Haha! 1

I park empty floor where no car not because I scared hit other cars but scared other cars bang me or open door and bang me.

But some idiot will park right next to me.

:D

• Haha! 1

So people don't know how to park will park next to you and maybe hit you because they don't know how to park.

People that know how to park will park far away in empty lot and became they know how to park will never hit you.

Why like that?

• Haha! 3

4 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

So people don't know how to park will park next to you and maybe hit you because they don't know how to park.

People that know how to park will park far away in empty lot and became they know how to park will never hit you.

Why like that?

Irony of ironies

• Haha! 1

Twincharged

i would like to rant again.

those who need a car beside them to park, cannot park for nuts.

Like the cannot make it woman who parked next to me at Kallang Leisure park when i was some distance from the entrance, and there were literally tens to hundreds of other lots available 🤬

Edited by Mkl22
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 3