Is it easier to park a car with or without cars around you?

unicornfloof

3 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Did you test yours last time?

Last time when i have girl friend, I have not car. Now I have car, I have no girl friend. Even if I  have, I am unable to do that kind of unnatural position any more.🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha! 7

58 minutes ago, Comage said:

If you used your hazards when intending to park then yeah the guy who squeezed past you is a dick. 

I've also personally encountered those drive 4-5 lots past an empty one before deciding to take that lot. And they don't even use their hazard lights; they simply throw the car into R gear and start going backwards. 

For this kind of champion, I will normally beep the shit out of them - and even harder and longer if there's a long chain of cars behind me. Proper driving etiquette mandates good use of hazards in advance - not parking with a I'm-the-boss mentality.

True also la. But if you are inside the carpark, when following a car behind, should prepare that the car infront would park la, should not follow too close or drive too fast.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

Well, I disagree with you.

I will squeeze through the front of reversing car fast.

In addition, I don’t use hazard light as I am not a hazard while parking.

I use signal to show the direction I intend to reverse to.

The use of hazards during parking is of course not mandatory by traffic laws, but just proper driving etiquette. 

Nobody can force you to use it if you don't like it.

Sometimes if I have a damaged front bumper, I will bait drivers into squeezing past me before I throw into D gear and cause a collision.

Barometer of liability is always on the dick guy who squeezes past me simply because he/she is impatient and reckless. 

Then I get a new free front bumper/headlights... :D

Edited by Comage
  • Shocked 1

5 minutes ago, Comage said:

The use of hazards during parking is of course not mandatory by traffic laws, but just proper driving etiquette. 

Nobody can force you to use it if you don't like it.

Sometimes if I have a damaged front bumper, I will bait drivers into squeezing past me before I throw into D gear and cause a collision.

Barometer of liability is always on the dick guy who squeezes past me simply because he/she is impatient and reckless. 

Then I get a new free front bumper/headlights... :D

It is always presumptive to assume the drive driving through is impatient and reckless.

Anyways, thanks for the tip on the bait.

• Praise 1

53 minutes ago, happy_man said:

TBH, this Thread won't have appear if self-parking become as common as reverse parking sensors. 😁

Or if MPS (Mechanised Parking System) carparks are more widespread.
Do need to bother to drive around and up and down to find a suitable lot.

After driving for abit any lot will most likely be comfortable for you. But for my piece of mind and a safeguard for my blood pressure I will choose a empty stretch far away from the crowds to prevent dings. Old cars plus 'uncle' mobiles like scratched up e200 or 520/3i must avoid like COVID. 

• Haha! 2

Does it matter with or without cars? Dislike to have cars that park slanted.... Forcing one to park parallel to it.... especially only lot left. 

It's easier to park with with a car having a turning radius less than 5m.

Try parking one in tighter carpark with longer cars all parked with their bumper protruding out because of their car length..... 

Sure need to put reverse and drive a couple times. 

TS should ask your friends who love to park with cars around does it apply to parallel parking? 🤣🤣

16 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

Does it matter with or without cars? Dislike to have cars that park slanted.... Forcing one to park parallel to it.... especially only lot left. 

It's easier to park with with a car having a turning radius less than 5m.

Try parking one in tighter carpark with longer cars all parked with their bumper protruding out because of their car length..... 

Sure need to put reverse and drive a couple times. 

TS should ask your friends who love to park with cars around does it apply to parallel parking? 🤣🤣

I find the MSCP at blk 925 yishun is tight, as can see cars protruding out.

5 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I find the MSCP at blk 925 yishun is tight, as can see cars protruding out.

All the 1st gen MSCP are for cars that's like Vios or Attrage were the median size. 

Know the size of your car, know the size of the parking lot/space, know the size of your car turning radius. And swee swee in you go! Each time and every time.👌😗😗

Edited by DOBIEMKZ

On 8/6/2021 at 8:56 AM, inlinesix said:

Well, I disagree with you.

I will squeeze through the front of reversing car fast.

In addition, I don’t use hazard light as I am not a hazard while parking.

I use signal to show the direction I intend to reverse to.

Strangely enuf, that is the real way to park but ppl use hazard… that’s what I do too, use signal when I’m parking. Taught in driving school

all

forgot how to park ah?

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

14 minutes ago, RadX said:

Strangely enuf, that is the real way to park but ppl use hazard… that’s what I do too, use signal when I’m parking. Taught in driving school

all

forgot how to park ah?

every time i use signal when parking my passengers (some with license) ask eh why nvr use hazard light ah

I

GIVE 

UPPPPPP

:XD:

• Haha! 4

21 minutes ago, RadX said:

all

forgot how to park ah?

A lot of times, ppl forget how to drive after getting their license 

😂

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

A lot of times, ppl forget how to drive after getting their license 

😂

Very true

in fact “pyramid game” status aldy you see they leave all behind… knn 

• Haha! 1

On 8/3/2021 at 1:17 PM, Thaiyotakamli said: