[Official] 2022 Hyundai Custo

Carbon82

1 hour ago, Watwheels said:

This kinda mpv makes you want to hire a driver so that you can get to enjoy the middle row seats. But for anyone who could afford to hire a driver will buy such an mpv or not? Haha...

It is more suited for limo companies or be a luxurious taxi.

For me I do not like driving such cars. 

A lot of Richie uses Alphard daily with driver.

Why not?

↡ Advertisement

12 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

8 seater is a good transportation solution for families that have more than 4 family members. Though a sedan could take 5, there is no way for a sedan to beat the space that offers by a MPV loaded with 5 full size adults. If one needs to carry more than 5, then MPV will become the obvious choice.  The enjoyment of people who buy MPV is about being able to ferry more family members together, not the enjoyment of driving experience from the car itself. 

you are absolutely right. When we went to check out the Odys, Previas, Elgrands, etc. that had captain seats with footrests, etc., it was actually with the thought of fetching whole family with my folks together. The additional consideration was my wife (and obviously kids too) were drooling on the possibility of sitting in those seats if we go out (without my folks)... As long as they enjoy, is good already lor...

but eventually didn't get any of these, for different reasons.

• Praise 2

On 8/8/2021 at 3:30 PM, Ct3833 said:

Thanks for pointing that out, the 2.0T makes a lot of sense. Let's see the pricing next. 

Any idea what Honda is going to do with its short-life  JD hybrid Odyssey ? Maybe  a Turbo version?

There will not replacement model for the JDM Odyssey. Beside Odyssey, Legend and Clarity will also have a place in Honda history book by end of the year as the Sayama plant near Tokyo is slated to close in the fiscal year ending March 2022. Honda has decided not to move their production elsewhere once the plant has shut.

Realigning global manufacturing operations, the Japanese company will focus on electrics to advance toward its goal of selling only zero-emissions vehicles by 2040.

So if you are still keen with getting the Odyssey, better grab now. I personally think the Hybrid model is worth considering as the road tax is now cheaper with the revised formula.

On 8/8/2021 at 10:56 PM, Atrecord said:

how, finally Hyundai will come out with a MPV to fight with Ody/Estima. Long overdue.

This looks like it will provide good competition for this MPV segment. The boxy MPVs, while comfortable, might be a tad troublesome/worrying for those who might go to old HDB carparks or old malls whose carpark height is under 1.8 m.

The 1.5T will be added attraction in the form of reduced road tax, although not sure if it's gonna be powerful enough.

Design-wise and feature-wise, i think Hyundai will not be too bad, judging from their recent offerings of Avante, Tucson, Palisade, etc. And if it's not as huge as Carnival, then might indeed be good.

But hor... my worry is that... KMC is starting to price its cars at - in my opinion - ridiculous prices, so i'm worried that even if it does bring this model in, this will be no exception. The price for Avante now can get a Tucson 4 yr ago. The price of a Tucson now can get a Sorrento in the past. And Palisade is >200K, as is Carnival... Looks like Korean cars are taking the cue from Korean phones (Samsung), and really dares to price them high. Encroaching on Conti territory already.

Too bad the Japs are hopeless nowadays, and do not have products/models that can match up to these, thus allowing the Koreans to raise prices daringly.

Seems like the hay days of full size MPV is gone, no more Toyota Estima / Previa, Mazda 8, Nissan Prestige, and now Honda Odyssey. What left are the lower cost and yet more practical boxy MPVs, which may not be to everyone's liking (I am one of them who find that they are upmarket van instead of luxurious people carrier).

For Hyundai and Kia, there are aiming at China, where demand for full size MPVs are extremely strong. BTW, no guarantee that the Custo will be available here anytime soon, especially when it is originally meant for China and in LHD for now. I do hope to see more choice in Singapore but... ... 

• Praise 6

12 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

There will not replacement model for the JDM Odyssey. Beside Odyssey, Legend and Clarity will also have a place in Honda history book by end of the year as the Sayama plant near Tokyo is slated to close in the fiscal year ending March 2022. Honda has decided not to move their production elsewhere once the plant has shut.

Realigning global manufacturing operations, the Japanese company will focus on electrics to advance toward its goal of selling only zero-emissions vehicles by 2040.

So if you are still keen with getting the Odyssey, better grab now. I personally think the Hybrid model is worth considering as the road tax is now cheaper with the revised formula.

Seems like the hay days of full size MPV is gone, no more Toyota Estima / Previa, Mazda 8, Nissan Prestige, and now Honda Odyssey. What left are the lower cost and yet more practical boxy MPVs, which may not be to everyone's liking (I am one of them who find that they are upmarket van instead of luxurious people carrier).

For Hyundai and Kia, there are aiming at China, where demand for full size MPVs are extremely strong. BTW, no guarantee that the Custo will be available here anytime soon, especially when it is originally meant for China and in LHD for now. I do hope to see more choice in Singapore but... ... 

thanks for the insight.  It will be quite tiring to think that buying a new car and next moment the model has reached End of Marketing. Anyway, as i will be keeping the two COE cars, I am likely to get a used one to lower my total spending. No urgent need, it is more for family fun purpose to carry a few more passengers in one go. may decide in a few months time, depending on how the current usage goes. 

• Praise 1

Review in China (on its exterior and interior features), prior to the official launch of the car (end August). Look quite decent in these photos.

autohomecar__ChwFkmEUT6iAabyvAA3EotYWnBE

autohomecar__ChxkmmEUY3KATeNuAA0riz32v30

autohomecar__ChxkmmEUY3OAZGB1AAnZlbnNpdo

autohomecar__ChsEnmEUY3OAMSreAAgRZcZlETA

autohomecar__ChxkmmEUY3SAZuULAAcVCaz-6Yc

autohomecar__ChwFkmEUY3OAQS_tAAly3SSb8vo

autohomecar__ChxkmmEUY3OASKyLAAmHaOt9JbY

autohomecar__ChwFkmEUY3OAYL0KAAX4zvXU59o

autohomecar__ChwFkmEUY3KAS5M8AAcanz4uqxw

autohomecar__ChwFkmEUY3KAaNTiAAYkhep6A8U

autohomecar__ChwFkmEUY3KAZWWsAAdWaf7zw_w

autohomecar__ChxkmmEUY3KAVJs4AAX_NVTTGdI

autohomecar__ChwFkmEUY3KAQJ01AAX_My0z86M

autohomecar__ChsEnmEUY3GAeZMLAAcGZg9iQcU

autohomecar__ChsEnmEUY3KAZ5ZxAAathvuP4x0

autohomecar__ChxkmmEUY3KAdEbsAAVvRPq1CEM

autohomecar__ChwFkmEUY3GAJ5i-AAeqxzsjQi8

autohomecar__ChwFkmEUY3GAJMIhAAWUCII3s0I

autohomecar__ChxkmmEUY3GAIW_YAAfPG5WxMEM

autohomecar__ChwFkmEUY3GAJUquAAbtJJFcVO4

autohomecar__ChxkmmEUY3GAHT2dAAZifvCqSsU

autohomecar__ChxkmmEUY3CAR6sjAAXxWnfZOvQ

autohomecar__ChxkmmEUY3CALD2OAAakmf-iKsM

autohomecar__ChxkmmEUY3CAd94TAAVSl55vdrI

autohomecar__ChsEnmEUY3GAKI9gAAbYzLFpJ_g

autohomecar__ChxkmmEUY22ARgiyAAc6VsM79-0

autohomecar__ChsEnmEUY2-AEJaKAAddehsZoF0

autohomecar__ChsEnmEUY2-AWH47AAX7vCDrE7A

autohomecar__ChwFkmEUY2-AMZuyAAbJ3oQPS-M

autohomecar__ChxkmmEUY3CAQdXLAAdaq78vDI8

autohomecar__ChsEnmEUY2-ATDliAAiJbtAt1Dg

autohomecar__ChwFkmEUY26ACgADABE7qbBaw8k

• Praise 5

Front grille looks decent... the back lights look quite nice in dark colours... but the side wheel arches are a major fail with those really silly plastic black accents on the arches... this is an MPV, no? What's with the silly black plastic accents? SUV wannabe? Some more it's angular and the rims are too small to match the space... looks a bit like the ugly Harrier wheel arches too... fail...

• Praise 1

On 8/14/2021 at 11:13 AM, Carbon82 said:

Review in China (on its exterior and interior features), prior to the official launch of the car (end August). Look quite decent in these photos.

autohomecar__ChwFkmEUT6iAabyvAA3EotYWnBE

autohomecar__ChxkmmEUY3KATeNuAA0riz32v30

autohomecar__ChxkmmEUY3OAZGB1AAnZlbnNpdo

autohomecar__ChsEnmEUY3OAMSreAAgRZcZlETA

autohomecar__ChxkmmEUY3SAZuULAAcVCaz-6Yc

autohomecar__ChwFkmEUY3OAQS_tAAly3SSb8vo

autohomecar__ChxkmmEUY3OASKyLAAmHaOt9JbY

autohomecar__ChwFkmEUY3OAYL0KAAX4zvXU59o

autohomecar__ChwFkmEUY3KAS5M8AAcanz4uqxw

autohomecar__ChwFkmEUY3KAaNTiAAYkhep6A8U

autohomecar__ChwFkmEUY3KAZWWsAAdWaf7zw_w

autohomecar__ChxkmmEUY3KAVJs4AAX_NVTTGdI

autohomecar__ChwFkmEUY3KAQJ01AAX_My0z86M

autohomecar__ChsEnmEUY3GAeZMLAAcGZg9iQcU

autohomecar__ChsEnmEUY3KAZ5ZxAAathvuP4x0

autohomecar__ChxkmmEUY3KAdEbsAAVvRPq1CEM

autohomecar__ChwFkmEUY3GAJ5i-AAeqxzsjQi8

autohomecar__ChwFkmEUY3GAJMIhAAWUCII3s0I

autohomecar__ChxkmmEUY3GAIW_YAAfPG5WxMEM

autohomecar__ChwFkmEUY3GAJUquAAbtJJFcVO4

autohomecar__ChxkmmEUY3GAHT2dAAZifvCqSsU

autohomecar__ChxkmmEUY3CAR6sjAAXxWnfZOvQ

autohomecar__ChxkmmEUY3CALD2OAAakmf-iKsM

autohomecar__ChxkmmEUY3CAd94TAAVSl55vdrI

autohomecar__ChsEnmEUY3GAKI9gAAbYzLFpJ_g

autohomecar__ChxkmmEUY22ARgiyAAc6VsM79-0

autohomecar__ChsEnmEUY2-AEJaKAAddehsZoF0

autohomecar__ChsEnmEUY2-AWH47AAX7vCDrE7A

autohomecar__ChwFkmEUY2-AMZuyAAbJ3oQPS-M

autohomecar__ChxkmmEUY3CAQdXLAAdaq78vDI8

autohomecar__ChsEnmEUY2-ATDliAAiJbtAt1Dg

autohomecar__ChwFkmEUY26ACgADABE7qbBaw8k

Seems decent although the screen reminds of the Toyota Avalon and that there's no telescopic steering. 3rd row bench is too short for comfort as well.

But with komoco's pricing strategy it will be priced to stratospheric levels and it would wonder why it wouldn't move much at all, like the carnival.

↡ Advertisement