Happy National Day 2021

Tohto

Hypersonic
(edited)

Party still go on.

Message is very clear, if you refused to go for vaccination,  you will be left behind.

National Day Parade 2021 to go ahead with physical event and spectators at The Float @ Marina Bay

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/national-day-parade-2021-ndp-floating-platform-15124154

SINGAPORE: This year’s National Day Parade (NDP) on Aug 9 will go ahead with a centralised physical event and spectators at The Float @ Marina Bay, Defence Minister Ng Eng Hen said on Monday (Jun 28). 
The number of participants and spectators will be “scaled down appropriately”, Dr Ng said, adding that the final figure will be decided later.

Spectators above 12 years old who are eligible for the national vaccination programme must be fully vaccinated before attending the event. They will also have to undergo pre-event COVID-19 testing.

All participants have also been vaccinated against the coronavirus and are routinely tested before each rehearsal in separate groups. There will only be one preview show before the main event.

“There will be the usual combined parade and show, there will also be heartland activities, which the NDP Committee will share,” Dr Ng told reporters ahead of the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) Day on Thursday.

“By Aug 9, with Singaporeans’ cooperation, we hope that at least two-thirds of the population would have gotten their second dose,” he said, highlighting that vaccinated participants and spectators “reduces a lot of risk”.

“With proper safety measures, it will be safe enough for us to conduct a physical NDP on the floating platform, and I hope that Singaporeans will give us the support.”

When asked about show elements like fireworks and the potential for crowding, Dr Ng said “we need Singaporeans to play their part”.

“It is better to watch from the comfort and safety of their homes. Do not crowd and I think there will be administrators and safe distancing ambassadors on the ground to help enforce,” he added.

“But the new normal also means that Singaporeans must take their own measures to protect themselves and especially if you are not vaccinated.”

Dr Ng advised those who are not vaccinated to watch the heartland activities at home and to avoid the crowds as “it is just not as safe”.

“If you are vaccinated, it does not mean you do not take any safety measures, but the risk to you is less,” he added.

Dr Ng also asked Singaporeans for their understanding if this year’s show turns out to be "not as well prepared" as in previous years, given the shorter preparation time due to changing scenarios amid COVID-19.

“We hope that the NDP will give us a wider perspective because it has been a tough year, a year and a half, and I think with Singaporeans’ support and help, I think we can achieve,” he added.

Edited by Tohto
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

Turbocharged
8 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

TL;DR

Every year I dont watch the live. I watch the re-telecast cos can fastforward all the boring parts to the fireworks.

Boring parts like the arrival of the President and the arrival of the Prime Minister?😁😁

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
1 hour ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Boring parts like the arrival of the President and the arrival of the Prime Minister?😁😁

Ok bah

We know Prez comes in a Merc, PM comes in BMW (or wassit Lexus...?) to reaffirm to us which brand is bestest

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Tohto said:

Party still go on.

Message is very clear, if you refused to go for vaccination,  you will be left behind.

Kinda true

If ah gong offer u free Merc or BMW but u choose to walk, don't expect everyone else to wait for u to arrive...

• Haha! 1

Supersonic

Message indeed very clear, refused to go for vaccination, not only cannot go to watch NDP live and also better to watch the heartland activities at home and not to go out. 😅 So the new normal can consider discrimination or not? [rolleyes]

• Haha! 2

1 minute ago, 13177 said:

Message indeed very clear, refused to go for vaccination, not only cannot go to watch NDP live and also better to watch the heartland activities at home and not to go out. 😅 So the new normal can consider discrimination or not? [rolleyes]

I believe we had said it will be like that once there is enough vaccinated persons

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Most boring part... 

"suda makan?" 

"jiak pah buay?" 

"do you have army food in the Navy...I mean the PF...I mean the AF?" 😁

R13450ae3f7518ce37fd14186789206ef.jpg

2-14.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

• Haha! 4

Turbocharged
10 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Most boring part... 

"suda makan?" 

"jiak pah buay?" 

"do you have army food in the Navy...I mean the PF...I mean the AF?" 😁

R13450ae3f7518ce37fd14186789206ef.jpg

2-14.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Must be very stressed to talk to the President. 😥
What if the hand is unsteady and the rifle with bayonet drops and hits the President's head or face...😓

• Haha! 5

Twincharged

I still remembered the 1985 ndp or was it’s 1986. I remembered my parents mentioning that one of their friends was sent to observe the 1984 LA olympics and then to learn from the team there and then bring the concepts back to Singapore. It was after that year that we have the NDP performances we have today. Else it was always the boring March pass and stuff. 

• Shocked 2

10 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Must be very stressed to talk to the President. 😥
What if the hand is unsteady and the rifle with bayonet drops and hits the President's head or face...😓

🚑...pee poo pee poo...fireworks continue...😁

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
10 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

I still remembered the 1985 ndp or was it’s 1986. I remembered my parents mentioning that one of their friends was sent to observe the 1984 LA olympics and then to learn from the team there and then bring the concepts back to Singapore. It was after that year that we have the NDP performances we have today. Else it was always the boring March pass and stuff. 

Yes, must be worldly. Otherwise we like a frog in the well.

• Praise 1

11 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

Do you also know why this wasn't brought back...or who veto it? I help Jamesc ask...

many more would have stood up for Sin...😁

af3255eb1fb619317499d5bab3ab695b.jpg

69241c75d1fd105f010e57fe8f426305.jpg

e89683fdf9566647b2361c05f8378fc7.jpg

ecc939a8f0b1003023cbbcf1b5a281b9.jpg

• Haha! 5

Turbocharged
4 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Do you also know why this wasn't brought back...or who veto it? I help Jamesc ask...

Because Jame's MIL would make noises...

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
33 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

1985 NDP,  I was in the parade as NPCC.

Parades was in National Stadium, march a few km to some where in Boon keng area to end.

• Praise 5

Twincharged
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Tohto said:

1985 NDP,  I was in the parade as NPCC.

Parades was in National Stadium, march a few km to some where in Boon keng area to end.

Did some digging and I think it was 1986. The 1st NDP that was held in the evening and then the night light shows. Was a copy of the 1984 LA olympics. 
it was the 21st NDP and thus they wanted to make a big do. 

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 3

8 hours ago, mersaylee said:

APCPJHJ. 

AP = Apple Pie. 

😁

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2