KIA K3 Forte Air Intake Tubing

Jzachlee

Hi gurus,

Can anyone tell me what does this tubing do? It seems to be connected to the air intake.

This is the KIA K3 Forte engine.

Many thanks in advance.

Screen Shot 2021-08-09 at 11.21.35 AM.png

↡ Advertisement

Oily air within cam cover recirculate back to the combustion chamber instead of letting back in the atmosphere to prevent pollution. 

• Praise 3

(edited)

Okay, did some research and found out what it is. 

It is the breather hose. Item B in the illustration below.

Screen Shot 2021-08-09 at 12.13.53 PM.png

Edited by Jzachlee
  • Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Oily air within cam cover recirculate back to the combustion chamber instead of letting back in the atmosphere to prevent pollution. 

Thank you!

Supersonic

try not to modify or damage the breather hose. if you do, your engine compartment may become very oily.

• Praise 2

7 hours ago, Kb27 said:

try not to modify or damage the breather hose. if you do, your engine compartment may become very oily.

Also Pollution & bad smell.

PCV(positive crankcase valve) return hose. Basically what it does is let the engine oil vapour and petrol vapour mixture get return thru the air intake.

It will make your throttlebody sticky and how air intake valves are dirty is because of this stupid design. I dont understand why it cannot go straight to the lower oil pan. 

I use my own "delete kit" and  use a breather instead. Put a stopper on the intake hose. There is no smell or oil contaminants around the engine. I used it on two cars already. My car's engine is NA so not much of the rubbish vapour will flow out of the PCV return hose(the condition of your engine oil matters). Even for my previous car which is TC I  also dont find much vapour on it but if you let it flow back into the air intake manifold it will slowly accumulate and dirty the throttlebody and air intake valves. For TC engines the rubbish vapour will flow thru the intercooler...stay trapped inside maybe (cos when the vapour is cooled it goes from gas state to liquid state), flow thru and damage your MAP (boost sensor) sensor. It is more of a mess for TC engines cos of additional blowby ... The MAP sensor has to be replaced every 2-3 years, maybe earlier.

Alternatively you could do an oil catch can but I think that is a waste of time. A delete kit and a breather is maintenance free. 

I know how to revert things back to stock so when going back for service or car inspection it is not a problem for me.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2