Modern Honda Integra Type R Rendering Joins N/A Engine With Manual Transmission

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

modern-honda-integra-type-r-rendering-jo

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/modern-honda-integra-type-r-rendering-joins-n-a-engine-with-manual-transmission-166793.html?fbclid=IwAR07jJkxfEycqWRW84-x3mAScratQnf-Udp5LeDjhzhgR0TONDIIOUpOFwQ#

Sold by Acura in the United States, the Integra Type R is considered a driver’s car. Some people describe the DC2 as the best-handling FWD car ever produced, and I can certainly understand their lyrical waxing.

Spoiler

Offered with rectangular headlights in Japan and with round headlights outside of the Land of the Rising Sun, the Integra Type R left a lasting impression on a generation of enthusiasts from all over the world. One detail that Honda got perfectly right is the B18C5, a legendary powerplant that revs beyond 8,000 revolutions per minute, even 8,700 for the British spec.

The ultra-collectible Type R is rocking a close-ratio manual transmission with five gears rather than six, a helical-type LSD, a strengthened chassis that reduces body roll in the corners, reduced sound insulation, lighter wheels, and a thinner windshield than the Si, GS-R, and SiR-G variants. Capable of anything between 187 to 197 horsepower depending on the market, the DC2 is universally known for punching well above its weight.

Offered in four exterior colors over a black interior, the Integra Type R numbers only 3,823 units in the United States of America. To understand just how desirable this fellow is nowadays, let’s just say that a 1997 model has recently sold at auction for $65,000 at no reserve. By comparison, the original window sticker read $24,000 ($40,630 after adjusting for inflation).

A huge fan of the Integra Type R, industrial designer Jordan Rubinstein-Towler has taken upon himself to imagine the DC2 for the 2022 model year. The bite-the-back-of-your-hand beautiful rendering is complemented by a 2.4-liter Earth Dreams i-VTEC powerplant, and in the pixel wizard’s vision, the four-pot motor develops 276 horsepower at 8,600 rotations per minute.

Pictured on Enkei forged wheels and Bridgestone Potenza semi-slick rubber, the design study is reassuringly minimalistic on the inside. There’s no centrally-mounted touchscreen to distract you from the driving experience, and instead of a fast-shifting DCT, the center console is where you’ll find a close-ratio manual with a billet-looking shifter and six ratios.

Don’t get your hopes up for a brand-new Integra Type R, though. Honda is currently working on a compact sedan the size of the ILX, and a Type S performance-oriented variant is coming as well according to a dealership meeting from 2020. Be that as it may, the all-new Civic Type R is more than enough for Honda because go-faster compacts don’t sell well these days.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Internal Moderator
39 minutes ago, DylanChen said:

no more NA vtec engine lah

the only way now is used market

13k / year fd2r 

20k s2000

20k dc5r

10k fn2r

Why you never talk about CL7R. hahha. I am driving that leh. Sad.

• Praise 1

First car was Acura Integra way way back in 1993.

it’s too expensive in Singapore and no place to run.

went straight across Kentucky and ya, the stretch was fun in the Acura.

The fit/jazz is the non alcoholic beer to the Integra.

Edited by Datsun366
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

I thought Honda and many carmakers are going for electric vehicles.  Pure petrol-based cars bought around now may not be suitable for COE renewal in 2031 and beyond due to parts availability.

Electric Vehicles

Honda strives to electrify two-thirds of global automobile unit sales in 2030.

As zero-emission vehicles (ZEV),

Honda will strengthen the development of electric vehicles (battery EV)

in addition to fuel cell vehicles (FCV).

https://global.honda/innovation/technology/automobile/electric-vehicles.html

Internal Moderator
6 minutes ago, awhtc said:

I thought Honda and many carmakers are going for electric vehicles.  Pure petrol-based cars bought around now may not be suitable for COE renewal in 2031 and beyond due to parts availability.

Electric Vehicles

Honda strives to electrify two-thirds of global automobile unit sales in 2030.

As zero-emission vehicles (ZEV),

Honda will strengthen the development of electric vehicles (battery EV)

in addition to fuel cell vehicles (FCV).

https://global.honda/innovation/technology/automobile/electric-vehicles.html

Hahah. But if they still provide engine to F1 teams, means there will be ICE engine around. And Honda motto is Earth Dream what. I like to dream that they will still make a NA Vtec pure sounding engine! 🤣

8 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

Lol maybe pple think CL7R too bulky carry too much weight compared to civic/integra type  R and S2k😆. Euro R I think more of sports luxo cruiser with VTEC engine for long distance cruising, surely more comfortable when you get to your destination than in the other type R’s.

13 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

i also nv talk about ek9, dc2, ep3, haha

Edited by DylanChen
  • Haha! 1