Mercedes, BMW and Audi are no longer top-10 car brands

Soya

5 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

That is not always the case. During their mid year and year end promo, Audi and BMW pricing can be much more attractive than the equivalent Japanese models. Below are just 2 example I have selected for comparison purpose. There are much more such pricing "disparity" once you head down to the showroom to nego hard with the SE. The same cannot be said for Mercedes though...

sswuvxv.png

I didn't pluck these numbers from the air, GPGT hor... [:)]

G2YXhLo.jpg

image.png

I mentioned numerous time on MCF, no one buy car at recommended retail price. All price can be nego, and even when price are fixed (such as for Toyota), you can always asked for freebies like solar film, car cam, voucher, etc.

Thanks. But with due respect, Q5 and 216GT are old models clear stock. I don’t buy German luxury makes. If I do, I will get from PI. It’s the same car for goodness sake

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

2 hours ago, Civicblade said:

Hi Carbon82, 

Do you mind sharing the website for your BMW pricing? The price of the 2 series GT is very attractive (at $123888). There is an asterisk to the price and I wonder what special terms and conditions applies.

Is that PI or Performance Motors? The 2 series GT is selling at a loss at $123888. 

Thank you. 

Per @inlinesix reply, it is from PML email, but I remember PML also posted similar advertisement on sgcarmart.

The * are indeed terms and conditions, which include the following, iirc:

• For ex stock with limited choice of colour
  • Min 6 years loan at max loan amount (60%) at standard interest rate (not the 1.75% promo rate) 
  • Free servicing excluded (can purchase BSI or BSI+ separately, which cost a few K more) 

1 hour ago, Soya said:

Lol....Sienta 28k profit??

Not just Toyota. When the new Mazda 3 was launched 2 years back, profit margin is close to $30K and similarly for the new Avante. So for those who told me Jap and Korean car are VFM, I arm chio... 

I am a numberman, I do my own analysis before putting down my cash. For the record, I ever bought a brand new Conti with the AD just making $100 profit, not joking. Another time was from a well established PI, which make ~$7K or lesser (<10% of car price).

1 hour ago, Melody288 said:

BM Sienta Elegance nett price is not $122,888. Way below this price. 

$122,888 is June pricing (I have to do an apple to apple comparison since my reference point is BMW and Audi pricing during their mid year sales), now I think is about $117,888. Based in my understanding with BM pricing strategy, they hardly give any direct discounts off the official price unless clearing stock, especially those less popular model. But at times they do provide "free upgrade" to the higher trim at no extra charges. 

• Praise 8

31 minutes ago, Fitmugen said:

Thanks. But with due respect, Q5 and 216GT are old models clear stock. I don’t buy German luxury makes. If I do, I will get from PI. It’s the same car for goodness sake

German marque qualifies as Premium car except Maybach.

Edited by inlinesix

2 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Per @inlinesix reply, it is from PML email, but I remember PML also posted similar advertisement on sgcarmart.

The * are indeed terms and conditions, which include the following, iirc:

• For ex stock with limited choice of colour
  • Min 6 years loan at max loan amount (60%) at standard interest rate (not the 1.75% promo rate) 
  • Free servicing excluded (can purchase BSI or BSI+ separately, which cost a few K more) 

Not just Toyota. When the new Mazda 3 was launched 2 years back, profit margin is close to $30K and similarly for the new Avante. So for those who told me Jap and Korean car are VFM, I arm chio... 

I am a numberman, I do my own analysis before putting down my cash. For the record, I ever bought a brand new Conti with the AD just making $100 profit, not joking. Another time was from a well established PI, which make ~$7K or lesser (<10% of car price).

$122,888 is June pricing (I have to do an apple to apple comparison since my reference point is BMW and Audi pricing during their mid year sales), now I think is about $117,888. Based in my understanding with BM pricing strategy, they hardly give any direct discounts off the official price unless clearing stock, especially those less popular model. But at times they do provide "free upgrade" to the higher trim at no extra charges. 

For Q5 and 216, you are using the nett selling pricre. So to show fair comparison, the nett selling price of Sienta should be used. I just bought the BM Sienta Elegance last month, and there was good discount from the list price.

• Praise 2

On 8/10/2021 at 11:30 PM, Jamesc said:

Yeah come to jamesc good quality used cars at affordable prices.

I have lots of Kias, Hyundais and Hondas.

More reliable, less thirsty and you will have enough to pay for road tax and parking!

:D 

1st purple Lambo now white Ferrari....... why huh? amazing character, slap own face to look like a fatty?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1