Worst carparks for P plate driver?

unicornfloof

55 minutes ago, Genes said:

A Wish is just a little bit longer than the City (assuming you learnt in a Honda City). Just drive more and learn the car's turning points, and behavior, and you will be fine. Good luck

Thank you! 🙂 I learnt in a Honda Jazz and I feel that the Wish is so much more wider than my practice car. I do find that my turns tend to be a bit too early on the Wish so I'm trying to sort that out as well.

↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, Fitvip said:

I suggest you can go and practise at the spiral at AML. If you are comfortable with it, then you can for narrower ones?😁

hahahha I wish I could but I haven't taken the car out to the east yet and most of my driving experience is concentrated on areas in the west 😞 (that's just the Jurong life for me)

• Haha! 1

7 hours ago, unicornfloof said:

I'm still a P plate driver (I haven't really driven much since getting my license oof) and I recently read an article on how some shopping mall carparks have narrow entrances or confusing layouts. As a new driver, I was just wondering if there are any specific carparks in Singapore that I should avoid? 😓

Woodlands 888 Plaza MSCP - The turning to the up/down slope is very tight, a fair chance of getting kerb rash there.

Tampines round market MSCP - the ramp going up to the MSCP got lots of battle scars accumulated over the years from cars scraping against the wall 🤣

• Praise 1

7 hours ago, 13177 said:

Orchard Building is the worst with sharp and narrow ramp turning. Even you drive a small hatch also have problem turning.

I second that! Went in once and never again. I rather park outside and let my car attacked by bird sai than going in.

Narrow ramps with 90 degree turn. But then I still see S class and 7 series inside. 😂

• Haha! 3

7 hours ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Hong Lim MSCP.

Tight parking lots.

And if you park the car beside the pillars, very hard to open door.

Also, if you cannot find a lot and want to get out, very hard to do 3-point turn as vehicle flow is quite frequent there and drivers are inpatient.

Hong Lim still okay. At least the ramps are nice and wide. Ya the lots are small so I normally drive up higher to the less crowded levels.

5 hours ago, unicornfloof said:

ahh, I'll take note of this! :o

What u can do is the go YouTube and search for the carpark u plan to park before going out. There's a channel that does that. They will show u the road to go in (which Google maps is not very helpful in) and how the carpark looks like inside. 

Like this:

• Praise 2

49 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

I second that! Went in once and never again. I rather park outside and let my car attacked by bird sai than going in.

Narrow ramps with 90 degree turn. But then I still see S class and 7 series inside. 😂

I guess those S and 7 series inside must have done a few times 3 point turn before can turn successfully?! Lol.

3 hours ago, 13177 said:

Whats wrong with Tan Tock Seng Hospital CP ah? I parked few times ok le, only the ramp going down the carpark a bit tight.

That's the problem .... :that-dood-is-up-to-something:

My MPV (Biante - LWB) have to down or up ramp at 5km/h ... [sweatdrop]

• Haha! 1

TS, for HDB mcsp especially, avoid parking on those with protruding rails. Seen at least a Wish and a CRZ with rear windscreen smashed cos parked too close. 

I am guessing your dad is prepared for his Wish to obtain a few "battle scars from pillar/walls/curbs" from his response to your question on which carparks to avoid. 

Sometimes, you will be surprised or shocked to learn vital parking skills from these difficult/incredibly poorly designed carparks (a common joke amongst friends is that these architects either do not drive or they angry not paid promptly by clients😂). 

Overcome your fears and try out some of these carparks. Honestly, it's a good skill but one where no shortcuts will offer itself, at least not without some scars. Main thing is to be calm and try not to drift or go against flow of traffic inside 😳😂😂

And, dun be intimidated by others. Most if not all, started with a L plate before P plate too. 

Good luck 👍

Stay safe 

Cheers 

Edited by PSP415
  • Praise 5

45 minutes ago, X1y423 said:

Why nobody mention One Raffles Place, i guess i’m the only noob here 😳

One Raffles Place the ramp is steep, tight and narrow, and the white colour painting makes it difficult to gauge the distance between your car and the wall. Hated that carpark.

Liang Court
Bukit Merah Central MSCP (Beside bus depot)
Robertson Quay
Wisma Atria
Junction 10
Jurong East Block 352 (iirc) MSCP beside the market

Fortunately my car is just below 5 meters in length. Can't imagine how owners with 7 series, S class or even the Roll Royce, Bentley maneuver these carparks

• Haha! 1

8 minutes ago, Aventa said:

Liang Court
Robertson Quay
Wisma Atria
Junction 10

Fortunately my car is just below 5 meters in length. Can't imagine how owners with 7 series, S class or even the Roll Royce, Bentley maneuver these carparks

Whats wrong with Junction 10 carpark?

Can try out this HDB carpark in woodlands, should be quite challenging for new drivers. they have drawn 'best lines' on the ground for drivers.
523A Woodlands Drive 14, Singapore 731523

google map search will show you a photo of it.

Clifford Centre as you go up the ramp got one big hole one so you can look down and if drive off the ramp you can see how far down you will be going.

:D

For a new driver just look at the marks on the walls and kerbs.

If you see lots of marks that's were all the cars scrape the wall.

The best car park is Ion - sibei spacious. Good for tai tais.

On 8/12/2021 at 10:32 AM, Inlinefour said:

Scotts Road Shaw House where Raffles Medical situated 

Clifford Centre

Both CP suitable to park MotorCycle or eScooter :TT_TT:

park liao my Fat Ass can't even get out :XD:

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Aventa said:

Liang Court
Robertson Quay
Wisma Atria
Junction 10

Some bigger cars probably jave better turning radius. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1