How bad can army rations be? haha

StreetFight3r

JOLLY is a British duo comprising Josh Carrott and Ollie Kendal, who try out and react to various products, the majority of which are food.

In the past, Carrott and Kendal have reviewed army rations from a range of countries such as France, Korea, Australia, Germany and Russia.

On Aug. 2, they shared that they had received a bundle of MREs (Meals Ready to Eat) from a Singapore supplier.

https://mothership.sg/2021/08/jolly-youtubers-react-army-rations/

Edited by StreetFight3r
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

Well, if you have served in the early 70, you would know the condition of army ration. The rice we ate then were old stock. If you want hard boiled egg, queue last. If you wish to have fresh uncooked egg, queue right in front. Why, it depends on where the egg is taken from the drum they poured the hot water into the morning. haha

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 10

Internal Moderator

WTH. You fight war, you still expect to eat 3 star Michelin cuisine meh. So not practical.

Lucky I navy one. We got galley so we can cook our own meals. 🤣

• Praise 8

Eating in a air con room and out field alot of different.

Hot dirty sweaty wearing number 4 sbo rifle and other barang barang .  Then still got mission objective to complete 

The last thing i care about is the combat ration nice or not. 

Only 2 thing on my mind during those  time. Complete mission and equipment check😑

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 2

9 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

WTH. You fight war, you still expect to eat 3 star Michelin cuisine meh. So not practical.

Lucky I navy one. We got galley so we can cook our own meals. 🤣

And good selection of food, more choices. My son went on board for navy exhibition at vivo previously and saw the menu that was posted up [laugh] 

16 minutes ago, Beregond said:

Eating in a air con room and out field alot of different.

Hot dirty sweaty wearing number 4 sbo rifle and other barang barang .  Then still got mission objective to complete 

The last thing i care about is the combat ration nice or not. 

Only 2 thing on my mind during those  time. Complete mission and equipment check😑

hot food is morale.

I just eat bread with tuna outfield during ICT if no hot food.

• Praise 3

My food selection is quite limited cos i want something not too heaty, or else come back camp prone to constipation.

Edited by Lala81

2 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

hot food is morale.

I dun remmeber my ict got combat ration? Hmm i cannot remember 😅is there??

I only know the time when i got to slowly take my time enjoy and cook combat ration is during my topo mission in TW. 

Needless to say my group super hall lan. And we give up. Find other group to copy instead🤣

3 minutes ago, Beregond said:

I only know the time when i got to slowly take my time enjoy and cook combat ration is during my topo mission in TW. 

Needless to say my group super hall lan. And we give up. Find other group to copy instead🤣

hmm outfield is combat rations. at least ATEC mission phase is sure combat rations.
Most of my unit outfield is cookhouse food, but still depends on your CO.

I heard SIR/Guards outfield is 100% combat rations.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

hmm outfield is combat rations. at least ATEC mission phase is sure combat rations.
Most of my unit outfield is cookhouse food, but still depends on your CO.

I heard SIR/Guards outfield is 100% combat rations.

i am PDF. humm......  my memory...................

I could never forget the smell from the SAF green can sardine. If it is stained onto No 4 on the field, the smell will stay together for the next few days.

The only edible is the can pork cube.

The hard tart biscuit I like it though.

• Praise 2

23 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

hot food is morale.

bread with tuna?  BYO? 

• Haha! 1

1 minute ago, Shibadog said:

bread with tuna?  BYO? 

yup. Of course. I throw away the combat rations when i receive them. Or pass them to whoever wants them (which in ICT is hardly anyone).

Maybe just keep the fruit bar. 

• Haha! 1

Never tasted the latest SAF combat ration before, but when you hungry in the jungle, all combat rations taste great lah. Last time I saw my platoon mates eating combat rations in bunks instead of cooked food. It's really convenient also because don't need to cook and it is quite easy to clear after eating. Also got dessert, and eating dessert outfield is really nice. I miss my combat rations.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

27 minutes ago, Beregond said:

During our ICT, got people go out and tabao hawker food and buy back for all of us. Can place order one haha. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

12 minutes ago, Tohto said:

I could never forget the smell from the SAF green can sardine. If it is stained onto No 4 on the field, the smell will stay together for the next few days.

Can spread that sardine on biscuit and they go quite well together. That's how the laojiao taught us and we just pass it on to the next gens. But that version of combat ration got discontinued.

↡ Advertisement