Last 48hrs in SG ... Thank you and Bye bye ...

Wt_know

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

@Wt_know She is divorced plus her PR application was rejected.

Oh... she divorced.

Her YouTube a year ago still saw her with her husband.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
On 12/4/2021 at 1:02 PM, inlinesix said:

@Wt_know She is divorced plus her PR application was rejected.

In her video, she mentioned that Covid life in Singapore is hard. What's so hard when there is no hard lockdown and cases are relatively managed? She can still go out jalan jalan, can even do Brit's fav past time of hanging out in pubs, though limited to 5 pax.

Covid life is hard when you lose your job due to super poor economy, rent is way overdue, no food on the table, strict lock down like in some countries, hospitals are totally overwhelmed and you know you will not get any medical attention if you fall sick.

• Praise 4

1 hour ago, Kxbc said:

In her video, she mentioned that Covid life in Singapore is hard. What's so hard when there is no hard lockdown and cases are relatively managed? She can still go out jalan jalan, can even do Brit's fav past time of hanging out in pubs, though limited to 5 pax.

Covid life is hard when you lose your job due to super poor economy, rent is way overdue, no food on the table, strict lock down like in some countries, hospitals are totally overwhelmed and you know you will not get any medical attention if you fall sick.

Are you currently living/working elsewhere too besides SG? If you are not, you will not be able to make a comparison since you only have SG as a baseline.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
7 minutes ago, Uluwatu06 said:

Are you currently living/working elsewhere too besides SG? If you are not, you will not be able to make a comparison since you only have SG as a baseline.

I am in daily contact with overseas colleagues from SEA countries. I have been there numerous times over many many years. I get stories from my colleagues about their team mates, their families, their friends etc how this pandemic has affected them financially and also emotionally. Almost everyone there personally know of someone who had passed away from the pandemic. Yet most of my colleagues remain upbeat about the hopeful return to some form of normalcy in 2022. 

My company is in FMCG so our products are used by everyone in these countries. The economy, their livelihoods, their ability to get or hold a job, state of lockdown etc, impact our business.  

I am not belittling mental health but if in those countries, their basic physical needs for food, housing, security, safety are not fully met and yet they are still fighting to survive, then we have a 1st world problem about mental health.

Her situation is like she has a B&B car then lament that it is hard because it does not drive as well as a Ferrari. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

@Kxbc Nice, and thanks for sharing. However, hearing from others do not usually present, or depict, the reality on the ground. Nothing beats being physically there and immersing in the society. At the same time, SEA region does not offer a broad picture.

I am living/woking overseas and have witnessed for myself how different things are in SG, here and Europe/USA. IMHO, SG is being unnecessarily strict and rigid on many things such as dining-in, mass events (AFF Suzuki Cup, Swan Lake etc), closure of airport terminals and DFS, freezing of VTLs etc and this has indirectly brain-washed Singkies to think that what we had done and still doing, are the best. I can go on but i guess it is best to limit myself to just these.

While there are advantages to how things have been conducted, i believe loosening certain restrictions after 2 years into the pandemic is a better move as we switch into endemic-living.

• Praise 3

8 hours ago, Kxbc said:

Thinking as a local born and breed yes isnt hard relative to what we have all gone through. 

As for that YouTuber we must think of her situation as a British born native living in a foreign tropical land. Someone coming up behind you with a measuring tape to measure the distance between two seats? I remembered her went house hunting after she and her husband were evicted in short notice because owner wanted to sell the unit. The penalty paid for damages claimed by the unit owner.  Her husband injurey and on clutches for weeks. Her earlier nvideos were mainly in cluture migration into Singapore;languages/places/local laws etc. She even gotten a full day job here. Her integration with her Singaporean colleagues were quite hilarious. Speaking learning singlish. 🤣

On and off did catches a few of her video.

One of the best with impartial view of living in Singapore imo. Do spare a minutes read through those comments in her video. I don't recalled reading any negative comments of her vblog. 

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 3

1 hour ago, Kopites said:

Thinking as a local born and breed yes isnt hard relative to what we have all gone through. 

As for that YouTuber we must think of her situation as a British born native living in a foreign tropical land. Someone coming up behind you with a measuring tape to measure the distance between two seats? I remembered her went house hunting after she and her husband were evicted in short notice because owner wanted to sell the unit. The penalty paid for damages claimed by the unit owner.  Her husband injurey and on clutches for weeks. Her earlier nvideos were mainly in cluture migration into Singapore;languages/places/local laws etc. She even gotten a full day job here. Her integration with her Singaporean colleagues were quite hilarious. Speaking learning singlish. 🤣

On and off did catches a few of her video.

One of the best with impartial view of living in Singapore imo. Do spare a minutes read through those comments in her video. I don't recalled reading any negative comments of her vblog. 

She is returning back, obviously she love here that's why she is returning.

I also watch her youtube. She do have a lot of local follower.

To be fair, we don't like amdk. But not all are bad lah.. I also know a few who are like local already.

Marriage local chinese wife,  staying in HDB, local employed because PR. Losing job like local.

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 4

6 minutes ago, Tohto said:

She is returning back, obviously she love here that's why she is returning.

I also watch her youtube. She do have a lot of local follower.

To be fair, we don't like amdk. But not all are bad lah..

Quite hilarious when she tried to integrate into local society with slang. Tissue chopping. Shopping at local wet market.  🤣

I like her accent, cockney?

Edited by Kopites

Another vblog consist  of a few hkers tai tai (Cantonese) married to local Singapore. Mainly chatting about property, education system, car etc. Don't advocate watching that vblog. A sense of snobbishness imo. 😁 Must think and talk like a hkers if to resonate with their perception of Singapore. 

Watch this video and you will know why she has so many local subscribers.

I kind of resonate with most of her points except the part weekend getaway. We have up north to do so for that short we eekend driveway. 😁

1 hour ago, Kopites said:

Quite hilarious when she tried to integrate into local society with slang. Tissue chopping. Shopping at local wet market.  🤣

I like her accent, cockney?

err u like her face [laugh]

If got cockney AMDK guy with beer belly doing same video, views 10% max.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 6