Manchester United 2021/22

Locknload

ManU 5 (Bruno / Greenwood / Fred)- Leeds 1(EPL - Home)

The match commenced with Varane being presented to the home crowd after signing his contract till 2025. No changes from the same set-up, with DDG in goal and Mason Greenwood as striker. A good pass from Pogba found Bruno who blasted the ball to re-bound off their goalie in the 30th minute to make it 1-0 till halftime.  Noticed that the moves are now coming through the midfield instead of more through the wings, with Mctominay playing well in a central attacking role, complementing both Pogba and Bruno. 

A lapse in the 40th minute allowed Leeds to level the score when 4 of our players did not pick up their player to blast the ball past De Gea but Greenwood scored two minutes later, again off Pogba's through ball, of which another of his exquisite pass found Bruno to make it 4-1 in the 53rd minute. The quiet Fred put the game to bed when he scored the the 59th minute for 3 goals within a span of eleven minutes. The moment which the home crowd were waiting for, came in the 73rd minute when Sancho featured for Dan James and Martial for Pogba. A great start to the season for glory.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

14 hours ago, Locknload said:

ManU 5 (Bruno / Greenwood / Fred)- Leeds 1(EPL - Home)

The match commenced with Varane being presented to the home crowd after signing his contract till 2025. No changes from the same set-up, with DDG in goal and Mason Greenwood as striker. A good pass from Pogba found Bruno who blasted the ball to re-bound off their goalie in the 30th minute to make it 1-0 till halftime.  Noticed that the moves are now coming through the midfield instead of more through the wings, with Mctominay playing well in a central attacking role, complementing both Pogba and Bruno. 

A lapse in the 40th minute allowed Leeds to level the score when 4 of our players did not pick up their player to blast the ball past De Gea but Greenwood scored two minutes later, again off Pogba's through ball, of which another of his exquisite pass found Bruno to make it 4-1 in the 53rd minute. The quiet Fred put the game to bed when he scored the the 59th minute for 3 goals within a span of eleven minutes. The moment which the home crowd were waiting for, came in the 73rd minute when Sancho featured for Dan James and Martial for Pogba. A great start to the season for glory.

Feel Good Factor is back.

But Its a very long season, however, this is an excellent start.

• Praise 4

Additional firepower for next 2 seasons, a warm welcome back and Home is where the Heart is!

MANCHESTER: Manchester United announced on Friday (Aug 27) they have reached a deal to re-sign Cristiano Ronaldo from Juventus, 12 years after he left Old Trafford for Real Madrid.

"Manchester United is delighted to confirm that the club has reached agreement with Juventus for the transfer of Cristiano Ronaldo, subject to agreement of personal terms, visa and medical," United said in a statement.

Ronaldo joins already loaded group of attacking options for Solskjaer featuring Fernandes, Sancho, Edinson Cavani, Marcus Rashford, Anthony Martial, Mason Greenwood and Paul Pogba.//cna

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

Man city did well. Toyed to get cr7. Man utd took notice. Hijacked the deal, and now end up with a 37year old, 500k/week penalty taker who also wants to take all free kicks and balloon them all and topple the wage structure. Welcome, alexis 2.0. :D

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Wow! Neber ever imagine the king would make a comeback to epl...only is messi also has joined the City...it'd be epic on a clash of the MAN or Men...😁

• Praise 1

18 minutes ago, Karoon said:

Man city did well. Toyed to get cr7. Man utd took notice. Hijacked the deal, and now end up with a 37year old, 500k/week penalty taker who also wants to take all free kicks and balloon them all and topple the wage structure. Welcome, alexis 2.0. :D

its crazy .

man u still got cavani haven come back. he wear number 7. now cannot change number already 😂

• Praise 1

7 minutes ago, Beregond said:

its crazy .

man u still got cavani haven come back. he wear number 7. now cannot change number already 😂

O double 7😁

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

I was concerned when reading news of CR7 joining Citeh because I think he will definitely help them win the title. However, now that he is joining Manyoo, I didn't think he will help us get over the line because our overall quality is still short and he will be 37. 480k for a 37 is way too much. 

Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 5

While there are concerns about age and costs, the psychological and momentum he brings to team and opponents will be potentially huge

His nos are also so good that unless he somehow falls off the cliff, the goals will come

commercially, the shirt and other sales will more than make up for it

The signing also grabs more attention than messi to PSG

At least in the short term, he brings Man U back to the global brand they once was 

• Praise 4

11 hours ago, mersaylee said:

Wow! Neber ever imagine the king would make a comeback to epl...only is messi also has joined the City...it'd be epic on a clash of the MAN or Men...😁

How about lius Suarez coming back for us. .....it would be wetland isn't it?😆😁

• Haha! 2

11 hours ago, Weez911 said:

I was concerned when reading news of CR7 joining Citeh because I think he will definitely help them win the title. However, now that he is joining Manyoo, I didn't think he will help us get over the line because our overall quality is still short and he will be 37. 480k for a 37 is way too much. 

I used to go one of the web site www.CR7....something.) for football streaming. 😆 Got infected by some sort of virus and end up reformatting.

• Haha! 1

ManU 1 (Greenwood) - Wolves 0 (EPL - Away)

Both Sancho and Varane started the game in place of McTominay and Lindelof, with DDG in goal and Greenwood as striker. Wolves were on the front-foot and missed 2 good chances with our players having to resort to niggly tackles to contain the marauding wolves forwards, especially Troare. Save for a fine display by Bruno in releasing Greenwood towards the end of the first half which remained scoreless, it was Wolves who were the better team.

An early sub in Dan James by Cavani in the 8th minute after the start provided some flair in attack, aided by Martial who came on for Sancho in the 72nd minute and it paid off in the 78th minute when Greenwood scored and who was later replaced by Dalot in the 89th minute. A bruising and hard fought match, with De Gea making saves that would endear himself to Ole as 1st choice goalie. GGMU!

• Praise 1

I watched the game and thought Man Utd was very lucky to win the game. Wolves could have been 3-4 goals up at half time (the reason could be due to Fred as the only DM. Pogba was not suited for that deep lying role). Man Utd was playing the game at walking speed and there was no urgency throughout. Twice Pogba played wonderful passes and that was it. This was a very different style to Fergie's and CR7 would have a shock with the lack of speed and quick passing of the ball forward. The forwards lost the ball easily when pressured and other than the 2 through balls by Pogba in the game, it was a very forgettable game. 

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, Weez911 said:

I watched the game and thought Man Utd was very lucky to win the game. Wolves could have been 3-4 goals up at half time (the reason could be due to Fred as the only DM. Pogba was not suited for that deep lying role). Man Utd was playing the game at walking speed and there was no urgency throughout. Twice Pogba played wonderful passes and that was it. This was a very different style to Fergie's and CR7 would have a shock with the lack of speed and quick passing of the ball forward. The forwards lost the ball easily when pressured and other than the 2 through balls by Pogba in the game, it was a very forgettable game. 

Ya United were lucky to win but a win is a win n the mark of a good team is getting points even when they are not playing well! The trouble with United is they got too many Forwards. Greenwood, Martial, Cavani, Rashford, Sancho, James n now CR7. That’s 7 players for 3 positions. 

Pogba was also playing on the left of the front 3 in the last 2 games but now moved back. Some may think it’s a good headache to hv but I can assure u that some players will get unhappy over the lack of playing time and it may lead to disharmony. Greenwood was playing well in the Central position but suddenly switched to the wing in the Saints game n parts of the Wolves game as well. This chopping n changing may be United’s downfall as players won’t get an extended run.

The other issue is the DM positions are abit weak as I don’t think Fred is up to mark whilst Matic is getting on in years. McTominay is acceptable but they shld beef this area up. That said, they shld still be in the 4 horse race for the title though I feel they may just fall short at the end but the Cups shld be well within reach. My 2 cents……

• Praise 4

On 8/28/2021 at 8:18 AM, Karoon said:

Personally, I don’t think United needs him n feel this hijack was just to ensure he doesn’t end up at City but what a price to pay! Then again, Ole may think CR7 could provide the spark in tight games to ensure 1 pt becomes 3 pts so what do i know? Having said that, CR7 is more suited to United than City as he would be expected to press from the front if he were at City. We all know this is not CR7’s forte.

• Praise 3

29 minutes ago, Spring said:

Personally, I don’t think United needs him n feel this hijack was just to ensure he doesn’t end up at City but what a price to pay! Then again, Ole may think CR7 could provide the spark in tight games to ensure 1 pt becomes 3 pts so what do i know? Having said that, CR7 is more suited to United than City as he would be expected to press from the front if he were at City. We all know this is not CR7’s forte.

34 minutes ago, Spring said:

Ya United were lucky to win but a win is a win n the mark of a good team is getting points even when they are not playing well! The trouble with United is they got too many Forwards. Greenwood, Martial, Cavani, Rashford, Sancho, James n now CR7. That’s 7 players for 3 positions. 

Pogba was also playing on the left of the front 3 in the last 2 games but now moved back. Some may think it’s a good headache to hv but I can assure u that some players will get unhappy over the lack of playing time and it may lead to disharmony. Greenwood was playing well in the Central position but suddenly switched to the wing in the Saints game n parts of the Wolves game as well. This chopping n changing may be United’s downfall as players won’t get an extended run.

The other issue is the DM positions are abit weak as I don’t think Fred is up to mark whilst Matic is getting on in years. McTominay is acceptable but they shld beef this area up. That said, they shld still be in the 4 horse race for the title though I feel they may just fall short at the end but the Cups shld be well within reach. My 2 cents……

preseason there is alot of talk of martial leaving, suddenly it didnt happen and he start for man u . 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1