Is sinopec good?

calbin7077

@Watwheels

31 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

So you are saying it is an overpriced RON92 petrol they are selling?

Haa... It's more like a personal experience from using their RON95. Car experiencing similar engine feedback and vibrations when using RON92 from other brands.

• Shocked 1

Lousy, no good, no power... Like that lesser drivers will pump Sinopec and hopefully their fuel price will drop further (more discounts). :D:D

I have been using mostly Sinopec for 2.5 years and so far I find nothing wrong with their fuel, which is actually from Shell (that's why they do not have RON92 and their premium petrol is called X power - double the V hahaha).

Do a blind test of you want. Get someone (your spouse, family member, friend) to top up the tank for you for a few time, each with petrol from different companies, if you can feel the difference, let visit the topic again. [:)]

• Praise 12

I switched to Sinopec from SPC (both 95) some months ago since BT kiosk has permanent 23% discount.  Mileage improved (I can't believe myself from 7.5 to 8 plus km/l, cannot be so much, maybe the new brand engine oil helps too) and engine feels a little more powerful.

Go try for yourself.

• Praise 4

53 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

I switched to Sinopec from SPC (both 95) some months ago since BT kiosk has permanent 23% discount.  Mileage improved (I can't believe myself from 7.5 to 8 plus km/l, cannot be so much, maybe the new brand engine oil helps too) and engine feels a little more powerful.

Go try for yourself.

I recently switched to Sinopec last month, and I had a similar experience too - my FC improved by 1-2 km/litre. But I have yet to experience my engine feeling a little more powerful tho😂

• Haha! 1

Pumped SPC 95 and Shell 95.

Shell 95 feels smoother and car is more responsive. 

SPC 95 is still ok, your car will still move. But, there is a definite difference between the two.

the only way to be 100% sure got different or not  is to do a blind test.

other wise its only  butt feel.

last time i alway feel 98 give me more power. i keep gong gong pump 98.

now i pump 95 totally the same( because i lend the car to some 1 else he top 95 for me and i realize later ) stick to 95 ever since.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

If drive Hyundai I find Esso very good.

I read this in a car forum and I laugh because all petrol is the same.

Then I pumped Esso and it really felt better.

:D

• Haha! 2

Maybe the FC is better for more expensive petrol as the wallet is lighter, brain also feels less burdened by the worries of cheap petrol.. all these leads to better FC.

• Haha! 2

8 hours ago, calbin7077 said:

Do you feel that their 95 feels like esso/shell 92? That's why their 95 is cheaper?

What kind of "feel" do you get using 92 vs using 95. You do know 95 doesn't make your car more powerful than 92 right? 

Seriously, if you have access to a lab you can break the petrol down and evaluate. Don't use feel. There's a very good reason why we use measurements and data to make objective comparisons, and not feel. 

3 hours ago, Beregond said:

the only way to be 100% sure got different or not  is to do a blind test.

other wise its only  butt feel.

last time i alway feel 98 give me more power. i keep gong gong pump 98.

now i pump 95 totally the same( because i lend the car to some 1 else he top 95 for me and i realize later ) stick to 95 ever since.

OK I will blind fold my MIL

and her to drive with different brands of petrol

to see which one good. :a-m1212:

:D

• Haha! 4