Mayhem in Afghanistan after US troops evacuate, 2021

Jamesc

If I was the taliban I would get all my young men to join the army for the last 5 years.

Imagine 300,000 men getting a salary for the last 5 years and know all the army secrets.

Then now just stand there and let their taliban brothers walk in and take all the big cities!

:D

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

2 hours ago, Jamesc said:

If I was the taliban I would get all my young men to join the army for the last 5 years.

Imagine 300,000 men getting a salary for the last 5 years and know all the army secrets.

Then now just stand there and let their taliban brothers walk in and take all the big cities!

Sadly the situation today shows that many Afghan soldiers are not committed or fighting for anything. They just surrender or run away.

In contrast, the Talibans is fighting for a religious belief.

And since Talibans are also Afghans, they would seem to be fighting against their own brothers.

Perhaps Biden is right to withdraw American troops and say this is their own internal affairs, more like a civil war and USA should no longer be involved.

• Praise 6
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
14 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

Sadly the situation today shows that many Afghan soldiers are not committed or fighting for anything. They just surrender or run away.

And since Talibans are also Afghans, they would seem to be fighting against their own brothers.

Perhaps Biden is right to withdraw American troops and say this is their own internal affairs, more like a civil war and USA should no longer be involved.

I think afghans just cant be bothered to defend their past rulers. The rulers were mostly corrupt,  took all the US money, oppress the locals and left the country in ruins.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2019/investigations/afghanistan-papers/afghanistan-war-corruption-government/

Edited by Karoon
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

They should have only allowed women to join the army.

Don't get them go to work, don't let them go to school,

don't let them go out of the house they will shoot you.

16 hours ago, Kb27 said:

they got ALL the time, money, equiptment they wanted... and more.

Isreal fought basically the entire middle east with much less and built a functioning nation.

The Afghans clearly dont want the Talibans, thats why the fundies know they cannot go get power via elections.

But, if Afghans are unwillingly to do something about it and instead kpkb want to run to europe and leech welfare create another shit hole... then why should anyone else die for them?

US should let them rot, no point wasting lives and money there anymore.

• Praise 3

US pulling out is the right thing to do because they have already assassinated Osama, who was the reason why they invaded Afghanistan. 

And it is also very expensive to sustain their presence there for so many years. Every country is ruled by the most powerful local military or via election for established democracy. That has always been the norm. In this case, it will be taliban for Afghanistan.

• Praise 4

21 hours ago, Kb27 said:

Every country the US get involved in, turns into south vietnam. Same thing, corrupt local leaders, unwilling army, etc. even after years of aid. Then the rebel army comes and rolls over everything.

Problem is, much of corruption stems from the US itself. The appointed US representatives there not always clean. They have links with big business that want to exploit the country. They also willingly use corrupt means to get things done faster. And thus have vested interests to prop up corrupt local leaders.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 3

23 hours ago, Sosaria said:

Every country the US get involved in, turns into south vietnam. Same thing, corrupt local leaders, unwilling army, etc. even after years of aid. Then the rebel army comes and rolls over everything.

Problem is, much of corruption stems from the US itself. The appointed US representatives there not always clean. They have links with big business that want to exploit the country. They also willingly use corrupt means to get things done faster. And thus have vested interests to prop up corrupt local leaders.

Top be fair, post war jap,  south k, Europe countries turned out fine. Even their refugees who went to US did very well. 

Even Vietnam didn't collapse though its only communist in name now.

Maybe... I can already anticipate accusations of racism... certain cultures just aren't easily able to make it by conventional standards no matter how you help them stand on their own 2 feet. 🤔

• Praise 2

Let's see what is on Afghanistan....

Mountains, desert, no infrastructures. The roads or highway that they have left kenna bomb until chui liao.

What kinda crops can you grow there? Opium? What about planting crops that are food?

If you are a soldier there what is worth fighting for in that country? These are tribal ppl btw. Mostly illiterate and their houses are mud wall huts. They join the army cos I think it pays the most for ppl who have little to no education. I also like to know why the US spend so much time and resources in a country that has nothing. For the oil? Maybe suck dry already. Time to leave.

Instead of spending on education and infrastructure the US spend it all on arms for the military. Fight the Taliban and then give it all up in the end. IMO the US is there for the oil reserves. They dont heck care about the ppl there. It is all about the money.

Although they say they spend in excess of a trillion dollars there but those are tax payers money. The money they make from selling oil go to whose pockets?

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 2

25 minutes ago, happy_man said:

Any idea how match US spend in fighting the Afghan war since 9/11 ? 🤔

1 trillion USD. Roughly.

Over the next 20 years China has to deal with this additional 1 trillion worth of weapons and capabilities. That's US's calculation.

Edited by Volvobrick

4 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

1 trillion USD. Roughly.

Over the next 20 years China has to deal with this additional 1 trillion worth of weapons and capabilities. That's US's calculation.

saw a report mention 2t  ++ 

but that is spend on their own industry in the end provide job etc etc for their own ppl also

• Haha! 1

1 minute ago, Beregond said:

saw a report mention 2t  ++ 

but that is spend on their own industry in the end provide job etc etc for their own ppl also

I thought I read 1T.

Then China's problem just doubled in size.

• Shocked 1

7 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

I thought I read 1T.

Then China's problem just doubled in size.

china better be smart enough not to make afghanistan into their problem.

trading with them is fine, but dun ever think of controlling them. the AM have prove its mission impossible. british, russian, americans .

Edited by Beregond
  • Praise 1

China b fren fren wif taliban, cus dun wan their shit spill over into china. Dun wan dem kacau abt xinjiang.

Afghans hv warrior blood.... cannot sit tiam2. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

On 8/15/2021 at 11:35 AM, Beregond said:

Combined armed forces with majority are 打工仔😁

22 minutes ago, SGCMmadman said:

China b fren fren wif taliban, cus dun wan their shit spill over into china. Dun wan dem kacau abt xinjiang.

Afghans hv warrior blood.... cannot sit tiam2. 

Last heard it was China neighbour who initiated the meeting...

210728234933-china-taliban-tianjin-afghanistan-intl-hnk-large-169.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1