Kung-fu kick Cisco Officer dismissed, PMD rider jailed

Fcw75

1 minute ago, Fcw75 said:

Agreed, 6 days is a joke.

Perhaps the officer already found a better job liao. 😁

Worked at CC also no future.

Unappreciative bosses/those in authority.
Maybe he's selling and repairing bicycles now.
Good business. :)

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged

Asked what measures Certis has in place to apprehend errant riders who do not stop when ordered to, the agency appointed by the LTA for enforcement work said that it has standard operating procedures in place to deal with such scenarios.

jiao wei... the SOP is to let them speed off lah what else

or else how to stop?

use a huge net and scoop the rider?

net.jpg

• Haha! 7

3 minutes ago, Scion said:

jiao wei... the SOP is to let them speed off lah what else

or else how to stop?

use a huge net and scoop the rider?

net.jpg

image.png.9f8507d02da35952dbe4b9d96a447bd6.png

He was given 12 months' conditional warning. Why should he be sacked? CC is just finding an easy way out by terminating the officer's service. Shame! 

• Praise 5

(edited)

I don’t know if you guys watching Saving Private Ryan, not Shaving Ryan Private hor. 🤣

In that movie, the team decided to let go of a German soldier after that stupid Upham said it’s not right to kill the nazi.

So they let him go. What happened in the end? That nazi came back and killed not only someone in the team but also fatally shot Tom Hanks.

Same with this case. I 100% support this officer giving that rider a sweet chin music. If he had got away, sooner or later he will ram someone down who could be related to YOU. If he dared to run from authority, what won’t he dare to do?

Btw, Shawn Michaels gave the best SCM. 😁

4C352974-E80B-47D0-AE54-B5A2F8138F8D.gif

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

Super ridiculous decision to sack the officer, even if really want to punish him why not just deduct his bonus? Sacking is overkill.

From now on no cc officers will bother to stop PMD already, try to stop and risk personal injury + lose job. Just close 1 eye, let the PMD go and continue having job.

All the PMDs will be more emboldened to just out run all these officers, they know none of them will try to stop them now.

• Praise 5

23 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

I don’t know if you guys watching Saving Private Ryan, not Shaving Ryan Private hor. 🤣

In that movie, the team decided to let go of a German soldier after that stupid Upham said it’s not right to kill the nazi.

So they let him go. What happened in the end? That nazi came back and killed not only someone in the team but also fatally shot Tom Hanks.

Same with this case. I 100% support this officer giving that rider a sweet chin music. If he had got away, sooner or later he will ram someone down who could be related to YOU. If he dared to run from authority, what won’t he dare to do?

Btw, Shawn Michaels gave the best SCM. 😁

4C352974-E80B-47D0-AE54-B5A2F8138F8D.gif

Esccoters crash into people terrorise people - take don’t know how long to start catching

internet false information - swift and decisive 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

It takes 4 officers to catch a siao Lang on Esplanade Bridge last year.

What makes CISCO have arresting power than SPF?

All these has to be solve at SPF.

• Sad 1

Aiyo.

Sacked liao. Means can return as Super kicker in police force. Officially can kick to prevent "running" suspect. 

SOP no clear cos no SOP on how to prevent running away electric-cyclists. But very the clear cannot kick cos SOP no say can. 😂

Stay safe all 

Cheers 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

5 hours ago, Watwheels said:

What other measures? LoL...I think by now all those illegal escooters have either self combust or scrap. Left those small kitty cats gambling with their limited lives at night. IMO there is no need to spend that extra effort to deal with them anymore. I see those CC officers deployed at the pavement and junction to stand around and chitchat. Those escooter bengz wont appear in the day so there is nothing for them to catch.

They are still around. Ghosting nearby TP Kedai no less. The Gurkhas have to patrol more.

😉

46 minutes ago, PSP415 said:

Aiyo.

Sacked liao. Means can return as Super kicker in police force. Officially can kick to prevent "running" suspect. 

SOP no clear cos no SOP on how to prevent running away electric-cyclists. But very the clear cannot kick cos SOP no say can. 😂

Stay safe all 

Cheers 

Mag dump please.

8 hours ago, Starry said:

Bro......I think there is a difference between chasing them and kicking them in a way that could have killed the culprit.

Looking at the video, the culprit flew into some shrubs after hitting the side kerb.  Now imagine it was a bus stop instead of the shrubs. Or one of those Traffic light electrical boxes instead of shrubs. The culprit could have suffered serious injury or death from that kick.

It is their job to enforce action, but certainly not in a way that  put the culprit life at risk.

Whilst I’m not condoning the CISCO officer for kicking out at the e-scooter, your scenario that what if it were a bus stop, traffic light, electrical box could also be that precisely cos it was not one of those that the CISCO kicked out, knowing that the shrubs would cushion his fall.

Of course this is just an assumption on my part only. Point I’m trying to make is that u can make out that the situation could hv ended tragically but I could also make out that it didn’t n in fact it actually didn’t but does that make it right? Obviously not. 

• Praise 5

@Starry It is the rider decision not to obey the instruction, ride pass thru red light, so I do not think the enforcement officer action can be blamed. It is the same with car chase, don't the police also ram the car to stop the criminal if they do not stop?

Edited by kr_mcf

From conversations with friends, it seems like a lot of people have no concept of clear and present danger.

What I mean is this.

If a person escapes,let him escape.  Cos we have CCTV, SPF can track him down and arrest him. Even if no licence plate, where can he run to?

No one seems to consider the possibility that during the running, he could have killed someone.  Everyone only considers the fact that he will be caught anyway.

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/checkpoint-breach-barrier-did-not-work-optimally

For some reason, I remember this. Cos there was this video where the ICA agent did not dare to hit the car for fear of damaging the car.  This part I assume la but you can see the video for yourself and judge yourself.

And ppl on hwz were talking about why no pursuit of the Mercedes when it escaped and ppl were saying the police car stationed near by was for "tabaoing lunch". Then during the enquiry, it turned out that the police car there was for "admin purposes" and not for pursuit.

Edited by Philipkee

12 hours ago, Spring said:

Whilst I’m not condoning the CISCO officer for kicking out at the e-scooter, your scenario that what if it were a bus stop, traffic light, electrical box could also be that precisely cos it was not one of those that the CISCO kicked out, knowing that the shrubs would cushion his fall.

Of course this is just an assumption on my part only. Point I’m trying to make is that u can make out that the situation could hv ended tragically but I could also make out that it didn’t n in fact it actually didn’t but does that make it right? Obviously not. 

1 hour ago, Philipkee said:

From conversations with friends, it seems like a lot of people have no concept of clear and present danger.

What I mean is this.

If a person escapes,let him escape.  Cos we have CCTV, SPF can track him down and arrest him. Even if no licence plate, where can he run to?

No one seems to consider the possibility that during the running, he could have killed someone.  Everyone only considers the fact that he will be caught anyway.

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/checkpoint-breach-barrier-did-not-work-optimally

For some reason, I remember this. Cos there was this video where the ICA agent did not dare to hit the car for fear of damaging the car.  This part I assume la but you can see the video for yourself and judge yourself.

And ppl on hwz were talking about why no pursuit of the Mercedes when it escaped and ppl were saying the police car stationed near by was for "tabaoing lunch". Then during the enquiry, it turned out that the police car there was for "admin purposes" and not for pursuit.

Initially I was thinking well done officer. But what my wife commented makes some senses (not always though).

Is it so serious need to stop at all costs? What happen if the officer had a gun? 

↡ Advertisement