CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Guests jump in to rescue handler attacked by alligator

Cheesey74

What a heroic dude and the lady also well trained n calmly follow SOP after shit hits the fan.

I know some of us would say the lady lady is not up to the task by ignoring warning signs but shit does happen, just look at Steve Irwin..

Anyway, Donnie the hero truly deserve a medal for his truly brave n unselfish act.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7
  • Shocked 4

That is some serious courage. The girl is well trained and also courageous.

She did the correct steps to mitigate the damage.

• Praise 4

I remember read it somewhere...to deal with such vicious animals is to sink your fingers into their eyes...granted alligator has very thick eyelids 😅

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 3

51 minutes ago, Cheesey74 said:

What a heroic dude and the lady also well trained n calmly follow SOP after shit hits the fan.

I know some of us would say the lady lady is not up to the task by ignoring warning signs but shit does happen, just look at Steve Irwin..

Anyway, Donnie the hero truly deserve a medal for his truly brave n unselfish act.

Kudos to the guy 👍🏽

that’s really courage. He knows a thing or 2 abt gators for sure 

• Praise 5

Turbocharged

maybe a bit of unnecessary bravado in front of a live audience?

during normal times with no live audience, would she have done the same or backed off?

• Haha! 1

Lucky it wasn't a very huge alligator otherwise gone case.

Nevertheless look at the explosive speed and strength of reptiles, though we call them cold-blooded, slow metabolism.

The lady was smart enough to roll together with the alligator - otherwise her arm was going to be twisted and torn off.

• Praise 5

Praise the guy who courageously jumped in to save the lady. How he knows what to do huh? Even if i have the courage - which i will confess at this age not likely - i won't know what to do lor... hands up those who know by pressing on the alligator, it will let go of what it's biting.

i see the other fat guy tried to help too, but was like trying to use his magic fingers to snap and distract the beast only...

might at most try to see if got fire extinguisher nearby and try to spray or smoke the beast...

• Praise 4

☺️

1 hour ago, mersaylee said:

I remember read it somewhere...to deal with such vicious animals is to sink your fingers into their eyes...granted alligator has very thick eyelids 😅

Good information, I will try to be calm and remember that when I am attack by a croc, ( not the female humsup ones)😁

But in SG, mostly wont happen for heroic deed. Mostly instint is to whip out the handphone due to the NVNT culture

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Haha! 2

Just now, Sdf4786k said:

☺️

Good information, I will try to be calm and remember that when I am attack by a croc, ( not the female humsup ones)

That type must counterattack the base... released liao and you'll also be released😁

36 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

Praise the guy who courageously jumped in to save the lady. How he knows what to do huh? Even if i have the courage - which i will confess at this age not likely - i won't know what to do lor... hands up those who know by pressing on the alligator, it will let go of what it's biting.

i see the other fat guy tried to help too, but was like trying to use his magic fingers to snap and distract the beast only...

might at most try to see if got fire extinguisher nearby and try to spray or smoke the beast...

hmm no lah. He was coached by the woman on what to do.

That's why i said the female handler is really courage under fire. [thumbsup]

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
44 minutes ago, RadX said:

Wah, I saw this news last night, the man that jumped in should pull the gator's arm and bite it hard. Then the gator might think, knn I think better let go of the lady's hand

• Haha! 2

Basically what the girl immediately do was to secure herself so that she can't be drowned by the gator's death roll.
That's why she did like a MMA lock on the gators snout.

It's humanly impossible to pry open a gators mouth once snapped shut. The force required is more than the torque of some cars. So the only way is to make the gator give up. So that's what the man does. Using his weight on top of the gator. The gator knows it can't death roll. Basically after a few minutes, it knows its a zero sum game. So it just lets go.

• Praise 5

2 hours ago, mersaylee said:

Can also poke the nose.

2 minutes ago, Ender said:

If it were us, we would have kill the alligator instead of wrestling it. 

unless u have a firearm. Bit hard leh.

↡ Advertisement