Fully vaccinated travel here we go! Singaporeans be like when can go JB pump petrol & eat loklok?

BabyBlade

Internal Moderator

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/fully-vaccinated-travellers-can-travel-to-germany-and-back-without-serving-shn

Fully vaccinated Singapore residents can travel to Germany and back without having to serve stay-home notices (SHN) from Sept 8.

They will instead have to undergo four Covid-19 polymerase chain reaction (PCR) tests, including one to be taken before the flight.

It will be the first time residents can go for quarantine-free leisure travel since the Republic shuts its borders in March last year.

The development comes after Singapore on Thursday (Aug 19) announced a new scheme in which it unilaterally opens it borders to vaccinated travellers from selected countries, starting with Germany and Brunei.

With Germany already unilaterally opening its border to Singapore, those travelling on designated flights from Singapore will be able to fly to Germany and return without having to be quarantined.

They will instead be subject to several Covid-19 tests and a short period of self-isolation, replacing quarantine requirements.

TRAVEL AT YOUR OWN RISK. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 9

Germany can cross to other European countries and no need chop passport de right?

How they ensure one only stay in Germany neh?

I do missed Munich..

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

13 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/fully-vaccinated-travellers-can-travel-to-germany-and-back-without-serving-shn

Fully vaccinated Singapore residents can travel to Germany and back without having to serve stay-home notices (SHN) from Sept 8.

They will instead have to undergo four Covid-19 polymerase chain reaction (PCR) tests, including one to be taken before the flight.

It will be the first time residents can go for quarantine-free leisure travel since the Republic shuts its borders in March last year.

The development comes after Singapore on Thursday (Aug 19) announced a new scheme in which it unilaterally opens it borders to vaccinated travellers from selected countries, starting with Germany and Brunei.

With Germany already unilaterally opening its border to Singapore, those travelling on designated flights from Singapore will be able to fly to Germany and return without having to be quarantined.

They will instead be subject to several Covid-19 tests and a short period of self-isolation, replacing quarantine requirements.

TRAVEL AT YOUR OWN RISK. 

Does this apply for leisure travel or business travel only? 

maybe some mcf bro will fly over to drink some beers then fly back again 😆

Turbocharged
12 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

TRAVEL AT YOUR OWN RISK. 

One test in SG is $150, I donno how much will be one test for Germany. This will become a financial burden. I think the R Medical company make tonnes of money lor. Shares prices goes up and say they support. If got money to make, I also sarpork arh

• Shocked 1

I doubt many ppl will take up this kind of travel arrangement..

1) No families with children under 12 can make this trip

2) 3 tests upon arrival, include 1 pre departure..

• Praise 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

no eye see.  How can Germany with 9K cases yesterday have a similar Covid-19 risk profile to Singapore? Feels like a train wreck in progress right now😪

Category II comprises places with similar Covid-19 risk profiles to Singapore.

Travellers from places in this category will be required to undergo a seven-day SHN, which can be served at their accommodation of choice.

Singapore citizens, permanent residents and long-term pass holders may serve their seven-day SHN at their place of residence, if conditions are suitable.

Currently, only Jiangsu province in China falls into this category.

Australia, Brunei, Canada and Germany will be added to the category from 11.59pm on Friday.

• Sad 1
  • Haha! 2

1 minute ago, Somewhat1975 said:

no eye see.  How can Germany with 9K cases yesterday have a similar Covid-19 risk profile to Singapore? Feels like a train wreck in progress right now😪

Cos our cases will likely go up to match their profile as we reopen.... This is foresight! 

Just reported mild cases will isolate at home. Better prepare a room for this purpose. 

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Haha! 2

Remember early on the pandemic. They were talking some wild crap about redesigned airplane seating etc. 

But this additional cost of swabbing is not insignificant. For business travellers yeah ah gong pay. For Lao peh Lao bu bring family travel. Expensive leh. One series of swab  already close to 5 digits. 

Looks like back to 50-60 years ago when only the rich could take aeroplane. 

• Praise 8
  • Shocked 1

Eat lok lok with everyone breathing on the sticks

and everyone dipping in the same chilli sauce?

Now in JB with Delta?

When can I send my MIL and watch her eat?

:D

image.png.c062fb27b94c3bdbf6a48f6a565aab1f.png

If they are travelling through vaccinated lane for germany. Need to do 4 times of PCR Test, 48 hrs prior departure, upon arrival, day 3 and day 7. Cost will be about $600??? 

FB9C11BD-1C13-4903-AE8A-4968B9C5F375.png

3882CC55-EE0C-4DE8-9278-1FD537FA43E7.png

Neutral Newbie

Hi newbie here and need advice, I bought a new hybrid Camry last November 2020. The car is great except a little problem, on 3 separate occasions ( the last happened today), it accelerates suddenly while I was slowing down when stepping on the gas lightly ( AKA Toyota unintentional acceleration). The video I’ve included recorded all these, there was a slight moment in this video I was about to stop but the car accelerated forward, I jammed on the breaks before I almost hit the pole, I called up the salesman whom sold me this car but his response was ……, anyone faces similar situation, thanks.

Damien Loh

• Haha! 1

I am curious as to who can go out and come in without quarantine all these times during the pandemic. 

I understand that virus has no respect for boundaries including race, language or religion, or even how important/powerful or rich you are. 

It appears some of our authorities have been moving in and out of Singapore without the need for quarantine. I am guessing some human beings are bestow with powerful natural anti-virus capabilities.

Don't say I am capable of only bias reporting. ST brings you unbias reports and dare to ask uncomfortable and difficult questions. So please please subscribe to ST for your well being.

From 11:59pm on Friday, August 20, Hong Kong visitors will be allowed to enter the garden city without the need for quarantine – regardless of their vaccination status.

Just curious if HK visitors (regardless of vaccination status) can eat at any eatery be it restaurants / hawker centres / kopitam?

• Haha! 3