Fully vaccinated travel here we go! Singaporeans be like when can go JB pump petrol & eat loklok?

BabyBlade

2 hours ago, Spidey10 said:

i read that as well...looks like it that HK and Macau no need Vaxx can enter...not sure why, but when we go over, they need us to be Vaxx...so is not a uni-lateral agreement ba...

and I heard the vaxx rate in HK is not great as well...i have frends there and they don't really dig into the Vaxx program...

Dont know if they got explain in details why HK and Macau no need vaccinated and quarantine when enter sg? Esp when HK vaccination rate is not high. Dont know if i have missed something here? Lol.

↡ Advertisement

2 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Dont know if they got explain in details why HK and Macau no need vaccinated and quarantine when enter sg? Esp when HK vaccination rate is not high. Dont know if i have missed something here? Lol.

All countries under Cat 1 is the same.
China (excl Jiangsu), NZ and Taiwan 

• Praise 2

6 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Taiwan also don't need quarantine.

HK and Macau their local cases are very low now. 

ICA website has all the list. 

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 2

30 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/healthcare

UK's population is about 11-12 times Sg.  What is happening there should give a good indication of what is coming here, roughly divided by 12.  Maybe we are more careful and kia si, we can divide UK's numbers by 15 or 20 for ball park numbers.

Now they have 20000 to 30000 new infections a day (maybe 1000 - 1500 for us), 800 admitted to to hospitals daily (40 to 60 for us) and 80 dying (4-6 for us).

Looks like acceptable numbers assuming UK statistics are accurate.  As long as we are not among the 4-6....

Personally, i think 4-6per day is still very high for a contagious disease. 

But like some of you mentioned, we have to open up for the sake of the economy and we can only know the effects after opening up. I will say cases will definitely go up but the severity is yet to be known. So we have to protect ourselves and be clear that opening up is not equal to end of this pandemic. If the lambda variant is able to overcome our current vaccine, it's a matter of time it will reach our shores. 

• Praise 2

Supercharged

33 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

With 70% of our GDP derives from service, it is difficult to keep the border close forever.

If economy is not moving, we have to dig into reserves again.

It is true that we have ownself protect ownself now

Bro.....Q2 2021 GDP rebounded back a 14.7% growth year-on-year even with the borders  mostly closed.

Not exactly super considering that the drop in 2020 was quite steep, but clearly the economy is not heading south at this moment  too.

So this rush of opening up the borders probably have other reasons.  

Edited by Starry

13 minutes ago, Starry said:

Bro.....Q2 2021 GDP rebounded back a 14.7% growth year-on-year even with the borders  mostly closed.

Not exactly super considering that the drop in 2020 was quite steep, but clearly the economy is not heading south at this moment  too.

Q2 2021 14.7% growth is compared to last year Q2 when we have CB. Everything stop and shut down.

• Praise 2

4 hours ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

then what? everything close down forever? wait till Zulu variant and hope that's the end?

Covid is over soon. Face facts. Got elderly then get them vaccinated too. Kids should be able to be vaccinated too.

Otherwise stay home and lock your own family up, don't expect the rest of us to be locked up with you.

Covid is not over. Get your facts right. Vaccine only reduce probability of infection and reduce the chance of you wasting icu bed. 

And get your facts right. There are kids under 12 who cannot be vaccinated. 

I hope you got kids some day when covid is not over and your kid tio covid 🙂

3 minutes ago, Calinlin said:

Covid is not over. Get your facts right. Vaccine only reduce probability of infection and reduce the chance of you wasting icu bed

And get your facts right. There are kids under 12 who cannot be vaccinated. 

I hope you got kids some day when covid is not over and your kid tio covid 🙂

Kids should stay home then. Sounds very dangerous for them

Look at property price and coe price. 

I thought we are in golden age. Economy doing farking well ah. Only selected individual not doing so well.

Landed property price chiong at least 10+% this year already. Most agent don't even nego now!

What could buy a freehold semi last year can only buy a freehold inter at the same area now...of course still dirt cheap compared to 2000+psf pasir 99 condo...

And I asked myself...how to invite my ceca friends back. Then Aha! Let's open to Germany first. Singaporean like german cars. Is atas.

Then I can slowly include my ceca bros in the list. I mean few hundred K infection is only a small % of 1.4 billion people what. Very safe. You farking sinkie mai racist or xeno can.

They don't come in then who is going to rent my condo. Racist xeno low ses free rider.

Edited by Calinlin

14 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

Kids should stay home then. Sounds very dangerous for them

Indeed. That's why we are snapping up GCB. Need to build own basket ball court, swimming pool and tennis court at home. Otherwise no exercise.

can some one enlighten me ... what would be the "acceptable" new cases per day as endemic, huh

1000 ... 2000 ... 5000 ... 10,000 cases?

take pills and self recover at home and this will not stress the healthcare system except for those "crticially ill"

just like a 2-3 days MC for common flu? this is no diff compare to before in 1 day how many people were MC because of common flu

Edited by Wt_know

2 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

can some one enlighten me ... what would be the "acceptable" new cases per day as endemic, huh

ST - Time for Singapore to firm up Covid-19 exit strategy: Experts

Prof Tambyah added: "I think that we will be able to accept around 100 to 200 deaths a year which would be an improvement from the more than 500 deaths a year we used to see with influenza."

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Starry said:

GDP confirmed rebound la.

CB 2020 starts from 7 April 2020 to 1 June 2020.

During CB2020, all economic activities almost stop.

• Praise 1

Supercharged
1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

GDP confirmed rebound la.

CB 2020 starts from 7 April 2020 to 1 June 2020.

During CB2020, all economic activities almost stop.

Rebound is for sure

The Q2 2020 GDP was -13.2% year-on-year.  The Q2 2021 GDP was 14.7% year-on-year even with the borders mostly closed.

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/government-economy/singapore-q2-gdp-plunges-by-132-in-worst-quarter-on-record

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/singapore-gdp-q2-economy-growth-forecast-2104886#:~:text=Singapore's economy grew by 14.7,4 to 6 per cent.

Edited by Starry

6 hours ago, Weez911 said:

HK, Macau and NZ cases are very low. They have controlled their spread very well. Germany, while not as bad as those #fugit countries, have close to 5 digits daily infections. Even if we prorate their daily number to our population, it is approx 550 cases daily, which is much higher than our peak KTV and Jurong Fish Port cluster. 

The risk is incubation period arising from Germany's population pool, and not showing up in PCR (yet) when we test them here. Then they go dine in (without mask), go meeting, go take transport and infect our people. We have hundreds of thousands of unvaccinated, including my kids. This is a risk. Germany is still a risk to our population. Hard truth. I dono how many Germans are coming but I also dono how to ring-fence them when they are here.

Above is not in the news because pap never explain their rationale, but just stuff it down throats.

When shiat hits the fan, govt need to take out another 1bn to 2bn to rescue people. That is my money too. Hard truth. 

20 August 2021.

I think we need to sit down for a cut of coffee (not the internal security kind) but heart to heart.

Myself, I am apolitical but when you post something that is impartial but only with regards to a point, some will attack you for being anti-government.

Don't worry I survived long enough being a General, that must surely count.

Just continue to express yourself and your point of views. I am sure many appreciate because there are many despite having their own views love to listen to others to see if they themselves may be wrong or learn something new or different.

The most important of all is don't get personal even for moderators. That makes you a bigger person than many here.

58 minutes ago, Starry said:

Q2 vs Q1 is -2%.

That’s worrying part. Most of P2HA is in Q3.

58E597A0-1E73-4E16-A949-30C01DEA7306.jpeg
https://www.singstat.gov.sg/-/media/files/news/advgdp2q2021.pdf

Edited by inlinesix
↡ Advertisement