Ismail Sabri Yaakob is Malaysia's next prime minister

zipping

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/asia/malaysia-ismail-sabri-next-prime-minister-king-sultan-abdullah-palace-2119971

Ismail Sabri Yaakob is Malaysia's next prime minister: Palace statement

Ismail Sabri Yaakob is Malaysia's next prime minister: Palace statement 

A view of the National Palace in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia August 16, 2021. REUTERS/Lim Huey Teng 20 Aug 2021 05:06PM (Updated: 20 Aug 2021 05:11PM) Bookmark Share 

KUALA LUMPUR: Mr Ismail Sabri Yaakob will be the next prime minister of Malaysia, the palace said on Friday (Aug 20), following several days of political uncertainty. 

Comptroller of the Royal Family and Household Ahmad Fadil Shamsuddin, in a statement said that as 114 lawmakers have nominated Mr Ismail Sabri as their candidate for prime minister, the majority is sufficient to form a new government. 

Advertisement 

“In line with that and in line with Article 40(2)(a) and 43(2)(a) of the Federal Constitution, His Majesty has consented to appoint Ismail Sabri Yaakob (Bera MP) as the ninth prime minister of Malaysia," the statement read. 

The swearing-in ceremony will be held on Saturday at 2.30pm. 

Muhyiddin Yassin's resignation on Monday had plunged Putrajaya into political turmoil. The king accepted his resignation and appointed him caretaker prime minister until a new government can be formed. 

On Tuesday, the king summoned all major political party leaders to the palace, as he sought to identify a new prime minister.

There are currently 220 MPs and two vacant seats in the Lower House. 

All members of parliament (MPs) were asked to submit a declaration letter to the national palace to state an individual they support to be the next prime minister by 4pm on Wednesday. 

Advertisement 

The king also said on Wednesday the new prime minister should table a confidence motion in the parliament as soon as possible.  

He summoned the 114 lawmakers who pledged support for Mr Ismail Sabri on Thursday, in order to verify their stand. 

A special meeting of the Malay rulers was convened on Friday, during which the king shared the decision of the MPs with regard to who they backed as the next prime minister. 

Source: CNA/aw

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

Internal Moderator
2 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

Anwar has been xxxxed repeatedly, not literally of course.

🤣 If I were him, I don't wanna play politics liao.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 4

Congrats to Inche Ismail Sabri Yaakob to be the #9 PM of Malaysia . . . How should Dr M and Mr Anwar felt ? one is in extreme agony for revival and the other always missing the Action... How I wish both men can break record and Make Malaysia Great Again.[:p]

• Haha! 1

1 minute ago, kobayashiGT said:

Can lah, wait 18 months only. I think still possible for Anwar if the voting for total MP flip to the other side, which to me is quite plausible. I just dono if he is the man to lead the oppo at that time.

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
8 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Maybe he like to have people saying he play backside rather than he kena play backside😝

• Haha! 6

IMHO, PH (PKR + DAP + Amanah) should not be feeling too hard that Ismail is PM

current Covid situation is deep shit in msia ... whoever sit on the throne sure kena throw shit every day at press conference [laugh] 

after settle Covid ... still got economy woes ... deep hole to crawl out

within this 1.5 years ... PH got plenty of time and opportunities to hantam govt until gao gao 

it is easy to criticize govt ... this that and white flag ... but it is not easy to solve the problem ... i don't think PH can solve it too

GE 2023 winning chance is raised 10x .... :grin:

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 5
  • Haha! 2

3 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

Saw this in hwz and thought it is very funny. This song is for Anwar.

haha .... nail it .... super choon ... 

2021-08-20_174954.jpg

• Haha! 5

1 minute ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

He just  loving it .... :secret-laugh:

already butter gao gao ... very smooth ... gilat gilat liao ... 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 2

Hearsay the new guy doesn't like Chinese. Low-yat 2.. I'm not sure whether that's good for us as our leaders are all Chinese and our population is more Chinese.

Edited by Weez911
  • Sad 1

Turbocharged
40 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

Hearsay the new guy doesn't like Chinese. Low-yat 2.. I'm not sure whether that's good for us as our leaders are all Chinese and our population is more Chinese.

The lucky thing is he can do what he want but we are what we are

28 minutes ago, Arogab said:

The lucky thing is he can do what he want but we are what we are

There are some dependencies between the 2 countries. 

I have a few friends in Malaysia who are quite quiet today in chats....

Edited by Weez911
  • Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

I have a few friends in Malaysia who are quite quiet today in chats

all drunk liao bottom up 1 bottle of whisky ...

• Sad 1
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged
19 minutes ago, happy_man said:

As a SGrean, who cares ? 🙄

All those above are sg PRs from up north lah😁

↡ Advertisement