UCL, UEL, ECL 2021/22

Spring

1 minute ago, Spring said:

Match of the round is undoubtedly PSG v Real Madrid and next would be Ath Madrid v Man United. These 2 ties can go either way in my opinion though Real and Man United would be slight favourites.

As for the other 6 ties, likely the group winners will prevail bar Lille. Quarter Finals is normally where the real action starts but that only in April 2022.

chelsea need to be careful not to over play kante if they want to go far.

they got proper cover for every position expect kante. with kovacic out its even worst.

Rlc is good, but i feel he is a good cover for  jorginho not kante , he is evolving and improving, he no longer hog the ball.  his tackling is ok, but his tracking back and chasing back of opposition when he lose ball, or when chelsea get counter attack is slow. or very slow. 

I notice many time already , esp during leeds game, lose ball , he jog back. last time kante is full sprint chase from behind 1.

↡ Advertisement

3 minutes ago, Spring said:

ECL is a new competition and is tagged as the 3rd tier trophy behind UCL n UEL. Spurs being 7th last season were EPL’s sole representative. Leicester dropped into this competition by virtue of finishing 3rd in UEL group stages.

i dun think any EPL team will bother about this. does the winner got a automatic spot into UCL?( I dun think possible?)

1 minute ago, Beregond said:

chelsea need to be careful not to over play kante if they want to go far.

they got proper cover for every position expect kante. with kovacic out its even worst.

Rlc is good, but i feel he is a good cover for  jorginho not kante , he is evolving and improving, he no longer hog the ball.  his tackling is ok, but his tracking back and chasing back of opposition when he lose ball, or when chelsea get counter attack is slow. or very slow. 

I notice many time already , esp during leeds game, lose ball , he jog back. last time kante is full sprint chase from behind 1.

Chelsea could recall Billy Gilmour from Norwich as cover for Kante in January window but I doubt they would do so.

Chelsea were lucky to get drawn against Lille although this is not underestimating the French Champions but Ajax, Real n esp Bayern Munich would hv been a far more tougher opponent. In UCL k/o rounds, some element of luck plays a part unlike EPL where 38 games playing each opponent home n away determines the winner. 

Man City, Bayern, Pool are the bookies favourites in that order after yesterday’s draw. Next come Chelsea n PSG.

• Praise 4

9 minutes ago, Beregond said:

i dun think any EPL team will bother about this. does the winner got a automatic spot into UCL?( I dun think possible?)

I don’t think winner gets automatic spot in UCL maybe UEL possible but I’m not sure. For Spurs and possibly Leicester, it is silverware afterall.

Jose Mourinho wants this trophy to be the first Mgr ever to win 3 different UEFA competitions as Roma are thru to last 16 of ECL already.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

16 hours ago, Beregond said:

oh man

image.thumb.png.6b47a967ad9559f92a3b98f344eb4186.png

The 3 favourites Pool, City n Bayern shld progress though Ath Madrid may prove a hard nut to crack. Chelsea v Real is the only tie I think which is 50/50. Hope to see all the 3 EPL teams in the Semis. 

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Spring said:

Odds on winning the q/finals

319FF85A-9435-40A2-9EF8-3910383FB683.png

Good chance the 3 EPL clubs go thru to Semi D.

Pool should dispatch benfica  easily

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Spring said:

Odds on winning the q/finals

319FF85A-9435-40A2-9EF8-3910383FB683.png

chelsea got the worst draw.

if they beat real. they need to beat man c( betting on man c to beat alt)

then final meet pools or b.m ( betting on this 2 to make semi )

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Beregond said:

chelsea got the worst draw.

if they beat real. they need to beat man c( betting on man c to beat alt)

then final meet pools or b.m ( betting on this 2 to make semi )

Last 8 of UCL won’t hv weak teams though the big 3 seems stronger than the others. Point is u got to meet strong teams sooner or later on the road to the Final. Game on n looking forward to the matches, May the best 4 go thru to the s/finals👍

• Praise 5

Hypersonic

Aston Villa have won the CL

and Man City have not!

:D

Even Celtic once and Notts Forest won it twice.

• Haha! 1

Mixed week for EPL supporters. Many were hoping for another all-EPL final but it was not to be...

If City had persevered for another ~7 min, it would have been yet another all-EPL UCL final, in fact, 3rd one in 4 seasons... 

For those of us EPL supporters, should hope for another season with EPL team winning the UCL, in order to show how competitive EPL is.

btw, what happened to that new thread on City, started earlier today? Now disappeared...

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

I don't want to see Man City in the final

They are very good and might beat Liverpool.

RM are also good but we have a better chance against them.

18 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

I don't want to see Man City in the final

They are very good and might beat Liverpool.

RM are also good but we have a better chance against them.

i thought gonna have all england final liao.

man c and pools under table decided : pools take epl. man c take ucl 

in the end 5 mins spoil everything🤣

• Haha! 3

Hypersonic

Man City of all team should know about injury time goals.

Pep never read Man City history.

Klopp knows all about Liverpool history.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2