2021 Volvo V60 B5 Cross Country MHEV

kobayashiGT

1 hour ago, theory_87 said:

btw, our local spec and Australia spec got diff. The rear suspension for local spec is integral link aka leaf spring.

What's Australia rear suspension set up? 

FYI, leaf spring is a crude way to describe it. Its actually a multi-link rear set-up supported by a composite leaf spring (the bar in light green), which is supported by elastomers. Depending on the weight and set-up, Volvo can tune the elastomers and composite material to suit the vehicle's characteristics. SPA platform Volvos are all using this integral link, S60, V60, V90, S90, XC60, XC90. Pretty versatile if you ask me, as the rear subframe is pretty low without eating too much into rear boot space. 

image.thumb.png.0af8589d1c6bbedec97a02ab07bdcf0d.png

• Praise 2

4 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

What's Australia rear suspension set up? 

FYI, leaf spring is a crude way to describe it. Its actually a multi-link rear set-up supported by a composite leaf spring (the bar in light green), which is supported by elastomers. Depending on the weight and set-up, Volvo can tune the elastomers and composite material to suit the vehicle's characteristics. SPA platform Volvos are all using this integral link, S60, V60, V90, S90, XC60, XC90. Pretty versatile if you ask me, as the rear subframe is pretty low without eating too much into rear boot space. 

image.thumb.png.0af8589d1c6bbedec97a02ab07bdcf0d.png

Thought semi trailing arms on mine cheap and crude enough, now they managed to save 1 spring! 

20 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Thought semi trailing arms on mine cheap and crude enough, now they managed to save 1 spring! 

Wowo will tell you 1 big green spring is better than 2, sustainability mah 😁.

Have to say it's quite unique, I can't think of anyone else in the premium segment with a similar design. But don't think it's ideal for a real sporty drive, more for comfort and a balanced feel. 

1 hour ago, Lethalstrike said:

Wowo will tell you 1 big green spring is better than 2, sustainability mah 😁.

Have to say it's quite unique, I can't think of anyone else in the premium segment with a similar design. But don't think it's ideal for a real sporty drive, more for comfort and a balanced feel. 

I think objective is to save space and costs. 

On 8/28/2021 at 10:48 AM, Carbon82 said:

what-are-you-talking-about-dwayne-johnso

HD5VtHyTJRVW3l4gl8Kuf_aF8fMTDLmVVuvJOC5w

PvkPh12.png

.5zDIVZx.png

@Arogab I have no major issue with MIC cars, as their manufacturing capability have improved by leap and bounds over the past decade. But what stopping me from considering Volvo in Singapore is the excessive high markup / profit margin. Comparing equivalent models between theirs and the top few German brand, although all are in the similar price range, Volvo's OMV is far lower than the rest.

Some will ask why focus so much on profit margin, but living in a country where resale value is typically based on PARF + COE + a few thousand $$$ for the body, so when come to selling the car in a few years time, you will realize that it cost more to own a Volvo, and I have not touch on routine servicing charges yet...

Is the Top Speed (180km/h) factory limited ? 

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
25 minutes ago, WML888 said:

Is the Top Speed (180km/h) factory limited ? 

This Volvo V60 is made in japan? hahaha.

th?id=OIP.waNwdfZGCfdFbHr6uD3nMAHaFN%26p

Can buy this lah. to remove the speed limit.

31 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

This Volvo V60 is made in japan? hahaha.

th?id=OIP.waNwdfZGCfdFbHr6uD3nMAHaFN%26p

Can buy this lah. to remove the speed limit.

Pardon me for asking.

Do we go to WS and get them to remove or how should we do that? 

• Haha! 1

On 8/28/2021 at 12:25 PM, Arogab said:

Oh, I did not know that. Regardless to this, I am actually trying to say the MIC thingy. As I am in manufacturing, I find the Corrective Action and Preventive Actions is stronger in Tomyam Land although slower here

Sabai sabai. Slower but happy to be a worker

PRC workers too distracted always thinking of setting up their own car brand n be the next nouveau riche billionaire...

Internal Moderator
24 minutes ago, L23 said:

Pardon me for asking.

Do we go to WS and get them to remove or how should we do that? 

legit question? hahahaha.

This is only applicable for Japanese made car. All car from japan have a speed limiter embedded. This is because of a law in japan where japan police car can go faster than normal car. So all car even you have 1000bhp, the speed cut off will be 180km/h.

In order to remove that, ppl can go for a ecu reflash, remap or get HKS speed limiter defencer to rewrite the speed limiter.

For the volvo case, it is not really this case. The top speed might be just 180km/h.

And anyway, don't drive so fast. Do you know how fast is 180km/h anot? It is damn fast on our road le. Drive safely, reach home safely and be safe to other road users.

• Haha! 4

32 minutes ago, Soya said:

Sabai sabai. Slower but happy to be a worker

PRC workers too distracted always thinking of setting up their own car brand n be the next nouveau riche billionaire...

Haha, but it's really true on what you say. Nevertheless, I find the Volvo's design on the interior is so plain and doe not look techno at all. Otherwise, I would have already choose to buy it. When I got my car, it wasn't intentional, I went BM, happen to walk next door and fell in love with the interior. Thus, I'm loving it. Haha

1 hour ago, Arogab said:

Haha, but it's really true on what you say. Nevertheless, I find the Volvo's design on the interior is so plain and doe not look techno at all. Otherwise, I would have already choose to buy it. When I got my car, it wasn't intentional, I went BM, happen to walk next door and fell in love with the interior. Thus, I'm loving it. Haha

U sure boh w will buy non toyota? They oredi commissioned a statue of u in front of BM as most loyal customer....lol

1 hour ago, Soya said:

U sure boh w will buy non toyota? They oredi commissioned a statue of u in front of BM as most loyal customer....lol

I  meant I buy Lexus mah, go BM, walk next door (should mention the other side😝).....yeah, I really could remain loyal. Cos the last time I talked about wanna change to BMW, CFO says she like E-class and we put on hold and never execute. Looking at the COE crazy price, I probably wait and no hurry or excuse to change. Total car mileage is at 27k for 5 years😥

Very well put together, probably because it is assembled in Sweden.

frmzvfp.jpg

nALM7uc.jpg

RVPvaHH.jpg

Tnfbiw3.jpg

NVmrr7G.jpg

TTiO5jQ.jpg

Imym6ev.jpg

vJqyEDx.jpg

O2NHRqt.jpg

30xnIWc.jpg

Comparing it side by side with the V90 Cross Country, this V60CC is only marginally smaller than it larger sibling (which cost ~$60K - 70K more).

G4N0d1k.jpg

Z7x4yqh.jpg

• Praise 9

Internal Moderator
8 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

Very well put together, probably because it is assembled in Sweden.

frmzvfp.jpg

nALM7uc.jpg

RVPvaHH.jpg

Tnfbiw3.jpg

NVmrr7G.jpg

TTiO5jQ.jpg

Imym6ev.jpg

vJqyEDx.jpg

O2NHRqt.jpg

30xnIWc.jpg

Comparing it side by side with the V90 Cross Country, this V60CC is only marginally smaller than it larger sibling (which cost ~$60K - 70K more).

G4N0d1k.jpg

Z7x4yqh.jpg

Have you signed on the dotted lines? 😂

I think the seat should be very comfortable. The thickness of the bolstering.

↡ Advertisement