2021 Volvo V60 B5 Cross Country MHEV

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

2021 Volvo V60 B5 Cross Country MHEV Specifications

https://www.carexpert.com.au/volvo/v60/2021-b5-cross-country-mhev-1e31476f

image.png.4b69c3ebcdad81dec250269db97213b7.png

The 2021 Volvo V60 B5 CROSS COUNTRY MHEV is an all-wheel drive four-door wagon that was released to the Australian market on 01/03/2021 classified as a 227 MY22. The V60 is regarded as a medium from 60k built in Sweden with prices starting at A$64,990 before on-road costs.

The V60 is an all-wheel drive 4 door with 5 seats, powered by a 2.0L TURBO 4 engine that has 183 kW of power (at 5400 rpm) and 350 Nm of torque (at 1800 rpm) via an Eight-speed Automatic. VOLVO claims the V60 B5 CROSS COUNTRY MHEV uses 7.4L/100km of Premium Unleaded Petrol in the combined city and highway cycle while putting out 168g of CO2. It has a 60L fuel tank, meaning it should be able to travel 811km per full tank.

The V60 measures 1432mm (56.4 inches) in height, 4761mm (187.4 inches) in length, 1850mm (72.8 inches) in width with a 2872mm (113.1 inches) wheelbase that brings about a total of 1808kg (3986.0 lbs) of unladen weight. The V60 B5 CROSS COUNTRY MHEV comes standard with 235/40 R19 front tyres and 235/40 R19 rear tyres. It requires a service every 12 months or 15,000 km, whichever comes first.

The 2021 Volvo V60 B5 CROSS COUNTRY MHEV has a 210mm ground clearance with a 1800kg braked and 750kg unbraked towing capacity.

image.png.af3e18510f3880546070667288106541.png

image.png.47c31e575db35a18083266ca73465e3b.png

image.png.ebb89f9afa21367cb0ff2a344e98bdcd.png

image.png.9c49494d10fc8967c5cf497898258edf.png

image.png.19613477952949c9050d7f97a6a87904.png

Very handsome looking car. Me likey! :a-good:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Turbocharged

Is this the current listed model? Or it looks quite the same. It all depends on the price and where it is made. They are moving toward Made in China which I not prefer cos even Chinese don't look up to it

• Haha! 3

Turbocharged
33 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

I like the V60 but no way it can achieve 7.4l/100km such such a heavy car with worse aerodynamics. Maybe 9 or 10l per 100 at best. 

Can try with more highway. I tried the 8 speed Camry in Mexico and it did 6 over per 100km

• Praise 1

15 hours ago, theory_87 said:

Not coming to Singapore. Singapore selling the V60CC instead

what-are-you-talking-about-dwayne-johnso

HD5VtHyTJRVW3l4gl8Kuf_aF8fMTDLmVVuvJOC5w

PvkPh12.png

.5zDIVZx.png

@Arogab I have no major issue with MIC cars, as their manufacturing capability have improved by leap and bounds over the past decade. But what stopping me from considering Volvo in Singapore is the excessive high markup / profit margin. Comparing equivalent models between theirs and the top few German brand, although all are in the similar price range, Volvo's OMV is far lower than the rest.

Some will ask why focus so much on profit margin, but living in a country where resale value is typically based on PARF + COE + a few thousand $$$ for the body, so when come to selling the car in a few years time, you will realize that it cost more to own a Volvo, and I have not touch on routine servicing charges yet...

• Praise 7
  • Haha! 5

Turbocharged
2 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

what-are-you-talking-about-dwayne-johnso

HD5VtHyTJRVW3l4gl8Kuf_aF8fMTDLmVVuvJOC5w

PvkPh12.png

.5zDIVZx.png

@Arogab I have no major issue with MIC cars, as their manufacturing capability have improved by leap and bounds over the past decade. But what stopping me from considering Volvo in Singapore is the excessive high markup / profit margin. Comparing equivalent models between theirs and the top few German brand, although all are in the similar price range, Volvo's OMV is far lower than the rest.

Some will ask why focus so much on profit margin, but living in a country where resale value is typically based on PARF + COE + a few thousand $$$ for the body, so when come to selling the car in a few years time, you will realize that it cost more to own a Volvo, and I have not touch on routine servicing charges...

Good point lah, but I tend to only go for a car that I like going around 360 degrees to ensure there is no one corner I don't like and end up changing, I prefer to drive my car and keep it a long time while the price is not too far away. 

Partly cos I lived in China for that many years. I know their capability has improved. I also know that they can do it if they want it. But the problem is the competition caused them to cut corners if they are allowed to. You won't believe it till you really see them. They are good, but if not supervised or forced to compete, they will one way or another cut the quality or reliability to make the mark. I am very sure as our company has given up many projects refusing to go into the evil cycle of competing for business

• Praise 3

9 minutes ago, Arogab said:

Good point lah, but I tend to only go for a car that I like going around 360 degrees to ensure there is no one corner I don't like and end up changing, I prefer to drive my car and keep it a long time while the price is not too far away. 

Partly cos I lived in China for that many years. I know their capability has improved. I also know that they can do it if they want it. But the problem is the competition caused them to cut corners if they are allowed to. You won't believe it till you really see them. They are good, but if not supervised or forced to compete, they will one way or another cut the quality or reliability to make the mark. I am very sure as our company has given up many projects refusing to go into the evil cycle of competing for business

Fair point. If one can keep the car till EOL, the cost will be not too far off from the rest. [nod]

Hahaha I also have some China stories to share. I fully agree with you with regards to them doing one thing in front of you, and another once you are not in their sight. I used to provide technical support to some Chinese companies in Shenzhen and Guanzhou, and true enough, hold their hand to get things done and everything was sui sui when I left for lunch. After my meal break, everything revert back to their usual doing, all in the span of 2 hours! :D:D

• Praise 5

Turbocharged
12 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

Fair point. If one can keep the car till EOL, the cost will be not too far off from the rest. [nod]

Hahaha I also have some China stories to share. I fully agree with you with regards to them doing one thing in front of you, and another once you are not in their sight. I used to provide technical support to some Chinese companies in Shenzhen and Guanzhou, and true enough, hold their hand to get things done and everything was sui sui when I left for lunch. After my meal break, everything revert back to their usual doing, all in the span of 2 hours! :D:D

Yeah, that is part of the problem. No doubt they are good, it will take more years for them to get into the head. 

And Chinese cannot even trust Chinese at some point becos they also know everyone at some point cut corners. That is the  reason why I refrain from MIC cars.

• Praise 2

14 minutes ago, Arogab said:

Yeah, that is part of the problem. No doubt they are good, it will take more years for them to get into the head. 

And Chinese cannot even trust Chinese at some point becos they also know everyone at some point cut corners. That is the  reason why I refrain from MIC cars.

One more thing about these Chinese worker, some are sibeh chor lor... Jump to 5:20 mark to see what happened during the final check before the car roll of the production line. I wonder why BMW never censored this part out of their official video.

CookedConcernedCoati-max-1mb.gif

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 7

13 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

One more thing about these Chinese worker, some are sibeh chor lor... Jump to 5:20 mark to see what happened during the final check before the car roll of the production line. I wonder why BMW never censored this part out of their official video.

It's known as vigorous stress test on component...😅

No wonder my car got issue closing the hood...no qc at prod line...😁

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged
6 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

Those I know, having good cars, the leather alone. I don't feel as good. I have not sit in a MIC Volvo yet. Maybe next I go back I will be able to sit in liao. I will compare.

After so much, the V60 was listed as made in Sweden yah. Haha. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Arogab said:

Actually Volvo has buy out the rest of the Chinese shares. They are taking full ownership. No more Geely.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Business-deals/Volvo-Cars-to-buy-parent-Geely-Holding-s-stake-in-China-JVs

I think they know it is hurting their business.

Turbocharged
2 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Actually Volvo has buy out the rest of the Chinese shares. They are taking full ownership. No more Geely.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Business-deals/Volvo-Cars-to-buy-parent-Geely-Holding-s-stake-in-China-JVs

I think they know it is hurting their business.

Oh, I did not know that. Regardless to this, I am actually trying to say the MIC thingy. As I am in manufacturing, I find the Corrective Action and Preventive Actions is stronger in Tomyam Land although slower here

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1