Mask wearing SHOULD continue!

welik72

Is there anyone out here who thinks that we should continue to mask up even after the covid situation has died down? I’m not saying that it should be made into a law permanently, but rather strongly encourage the general public to do so??

Let’s face it, the coronavirus will most probably become endemic. Aside from concealing boredom in long meetings and everything else you’re hiding beneath that mask, think of how much better hygiene standards will be if we all just kept this habit of putting that mask on. My only worry is the environment with all the disposable masks strewn around… WEAR YOUR REUSABLE MASKS YALL!!

ps how many of yall actually use reusable masks vs disposable masks? 🤔 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

You mean once COVID-19 is controlled? I think it's silly. Disease outbreaks are a fact of life. Early detection and control, without all this political bulls**t, blame dodging, handwringing and finger-pointing is the best strategy (but humans are scum and will always remain so). 

The best is to eradicate high risk human activities. Overcrowding should cease in general. Destruction of, and incursion into natural habitats for human benefit should be very tightly regulated. China was supposed to have controlled their wild game markets. They did not. It's high time for India to clean up its hygiene act (along with the Ganges). It does not. And research into viral pathogens with a slant toward weaponisation has to end. Simply end. Whether it's done by the first world directly, or by a second/third world proxy. 

Human nature, alas, will not change. So we're stuck with recurring problems like this. And other threats like chemical release and nuclear accidents. 

Anyway, if you're advocating masking, why not advocate going around in little air bubbles of our own? Wear a PAPR with a cooling apparatus to stroll around in your own air conditioned air pocket. Become a social media sensation and a viral meme. No pun intended. Hey, you look like a chap whose next words are going to be "Take me to your leader" but at least you're protected. At least until your juice runs out and you have to run to a power source. 

And in this Brave New World (apologies to Huxley), I guess we'll be making love like this:

naked-gun-condom.gif

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Haha! 10

16 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

All covered up but still can catch any virus through the 'small' head if one used it......  [sly]

:XD:

Asymptomatic pregnancy...dua diao liao 😁

• Haha! 2

3 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Let us see what Mr LHL will say in tomorrow National Day speech ...  :we-all-gonna-die:

All open up or back to HA2 since daily cases went above 100 .... :dizzy:

Open up he will say...

HA2 dirty job not his to say...

I'm a leader quality too hor? 😁

• Haha! 1

10 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Let us see what Mr LHL will say in tomorrow National Day speech ...  :we-all-gonna-die:

My bet is status quo for another 2 weeks.

MoH has increase number of beds for cases that does not require hospitalization.

79% stuck for some time.

80% could be on August 31st.

Edited by inlinesix

Beyond COVID-19 measures, I feel mask wearing is a personal choice.

Just like whether you like to wear briefs, boxers, thong or go commando, its your choice. I don't need to know about it.

I also don't need you to tell me what to do either. 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Just now, inlinesix said:

My bet is status quo for another 2 weeks.

MoH has increase number of beds for cases that does not require hospitalization.

Could be ready for "opening up" cos they expects more will catch the virus before the virus die down and classify as common flu. :slow: 

• Praise 1

Just now, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Could be ready for "opening up" cos they expects more will catch the virus before the virus die down and classify as common flu. :slow: 

If they are really into opening up, incoming countries will not be split into 4 classes.

This weekend, there is about 300 ppl on Air Travel Pass from HK and Macau

• Praise 1

For environmental concerns, we should stop wearing masks IF covid dies down. Or when the potency dies down. 

But, environmental concerns aside, I will continue to wear since I did not fall sick since covid. I think largely due to wearing of masks.

Still too early to talk about these things. We are still far away from covid free. 

22 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

If they are really into opening up, incoming countries will not be split into 4 classes.

This weekend, there is about 300 ppl on Air Travel Pass from HK and Macau

Must see what will happen after this ATP, will cases become more or?

40 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

I would say he would want to open up. They already say live with virus, so no way they would want to go backwards?!

• Praise 2

The last time wearing a mask into a bank you get kicked out. Now you enter a bank without a mask also get kicked out and possibly end up in jail.

The situation is dynamic, that is, to say, things can change pretty fast especially when we keep changing the parameter such as border controls.

Just as a time line comparison, it took more than a hundred years to eradicate smallpox so expect CoVid to disappear anytime soon.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1