Share with me your wildlife encounter!!

thatJDMahboy

My resident sun bird who will visit my flowering plants everyday. Capture this pic on my HP. Got better pics on my Olympus m43. Nowadays if I at home during the day I standby my 150mm lens and wait for her. Lol. 

IMG_20210704_165627.thumb.jpg.6bfc0431c600bd476b808a99537f4c66.jpg

• Praise 8

35 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

My resident sun bird who will visit my flowering plants everyday. Capture this pic on my HP. Got better pics on my Olympus m43. Nowadays if I at home during the day I standby my 150mm lens and wait for her. Lol. 

How you know it her le? Lol.

16 minutes ago, 13177 said:

How you know it her le? Lol.

lol. u asked the same question as my wife. Birds' gender can be quite easily distinguished by their colours. The males are usually quite brightly coloured. My visitor has quite dull colours and i think is a female. 

Check on the net and i think im right:

https://www.nparks.gov.sg/nparksbuzz/issue-41-vol-2-2019/lifestyle/recreation-and-activities/identifying-the-sunbirds-of-singapore

Edited by Stratovarius
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Stratovarius said:

lol. u asked the same question as my wife. Birds' gender can be quite easily distinguished by their colours. The males are usually quite brightly coloured. My visitor has quite dull colours and i think is a female. 

Check on the net and i think im right:

https://www.nparks.gov.sg/nparksbuzz/issue-41-vol-2-2019/lifestyle/recreation-and-activities/identifying-the-sunbirds-of-singapore

13177 must be so confused right now. He must be thinking why cant it be the same for the human race.

• Haha! 3

4 hours ago, Stratovarius said:

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

I went jogging near khatib mrt when I saw on the placement just about 50 metres away in the grey drain grill a fire hose.

I was thinking who would leave a fire hose just above above drain when the hose moved and the head rose.  It was a huge cobra and it was staring at me with big black eyes.  I froze. I was now only about 20 metres away.

I stated at it and it stared back.  I was like about to pee in my pants.  Then the snake went back into the drain.  After a minute of waiting, I continued jogging.

• Shocked 3

Must have been difficult to jog like this.

:D

image.png.3962f8b5a608a7b67b305326a2272d43.png

54 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

I went jogging near khatib mrt when I saw on the placement just about 50 metres away in the grey drain grill a fire hose.

I was thinking who would leave a fire hose just above above drain when the hose moved and the head rose.  It was a huge cobra and it was staring at me with big black eyes.  I froze. I was now only about 20 metres away.

I stated at it and it stared back.  I was like about to pee in my pants.  Then the snake went back into the drain.  After a minute of waiting, I continued jogging.

• Haha! 6

55 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Huge cobra! And so near to residential area sia.

• Shocked 1

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Philipkee said:

Probably disturbed by the excavation between the ends of Bah Soon Pah Rd and Lorong Chencharau

2 hours ago, 13177 said:

Huge cobra! And so near to residential area sia.

Not exactly near.  It's at the Cross junction near khatib MRT Station.  The four sides are the PCN, entrance to the place where you can catch prawns, the condo and the reservoir. 

I was at the junction jogging up towards mandai when I saw the snake.

Lucky there were no cyclist rushing down that pavement.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Must have been difficult to jog like this.

image.png.3962f8b5a608a7b67b305326a2272d43.png

Worst. I was thinking of backing off then I remember no sudden movement and don't show fear.

Could have just peed cos I had to stay motionless. 

• Haha! 1

Worst. I was thinking of backing off then I remember no sudden movement and don't show fear.

Yeah could have been worse.

image.png.d1625867909d4e22c2e2285167049dee.png

• Shocked 1

Could have just peed cos I had to stay motionless. 

Hello, you went with your wife ?😃

• Shocked 1

2 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

Hello, you went with your wife ?😃

Eh this was 2019.

If u r talking about my foreign wife, still waiting for borders to open.

↡ Advertisement