120 bus captains across seven interchanges infected with Covid-19 so far: LTA

unicornfloof

1 hour ago, Blueray said:

so many unlinked cases and not a single unlinked case was a bus commuter ? :wut:

They cannot trace covid positive people in buses and MRT? Or they dont want to trace? Lol.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

They cannot trace covid positive people in buses and MRT? Or they dont want to trace? Lol.

If they really trace all the suspects in bluetooth TT proximity with infected bus captains... I think will be pingdemic

easily 10,000 will kena QO

• Haha! 4

23 hours ago, Blueray said:

'No evidence' of COVID-19 spread to commuters following detection of bus interchange clusters: Iswaran

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/no-evidence-covid-19-spread-commuters-bus-interchange-clusters-mot-2154091

does Iswaran take bus ?

Aiya, none of the ministers take public transport, so they would never able to understand what is happening on the ground la. 🙄

• Haha! 1

no cases spread through bus interchange and public transport  somehow really smells like bulls**t and damage control from ministar task force  🙄

Majority of pple in Singapore  have to rely on public transport to get around, alternative private transport like buying our overpriced inflated  by taxes and life span limited by COE  cars  are ridiculously expensive by global standards🤬

• Haha! 1

Supercharged

Shutting down bus interchange would be huge impact. They don't dare to use the same treatment they practiced on restaurants.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Didu said:

Shutting down bus interchange would be huge impact. They don't dare to use the same treatment they practiced on restaurants.

I can see a deep contrast between this bus cluster and KTV cluster... when KTV time wow drastic action loh.. seem like a slap in their face that such thing happened..

now this bus one tiam tiam life goes on.. macam a few percentage point up on vaccination changed the whole situation....

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Didu said:

They cannot shut down bus interchange like shutting down Jurong Fishery Port. Lol.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

29 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

I can see a deep contrast between this bus cluster and KTV cluster... when KTV time wow drastic action loh.. seem like a slap in their face that such thing happened..

now this bus one tiam tiam life goes on.. macam a few percentage point up on vaccination changed the whole situation....

They give chance KTV to pivot. In the end, KTV “stabbed” them.

They give chance BF bring GF in. In the end, GF ends up in KTV.

That’s a huge slap on G le

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 7

On 8/31/2021 at 9:52 AM, Jman888 said:

walk to school? this few days got heavy rain in the morning [sweatdrop]

Not you walk, not he walk, his children walk 😆😆

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

They cannot shut down bus interchange like shutting down Jurong Fishery Port. Lol.

Can, start from 1st bus stop 🤣🤣

• Haha! 1

Its funny how the Gov can blamed for double standard treatment. 

First it is public transport. The implication of a total shutdown is severe. Is there an alternative to public bus transportation? There isn't.

Second, fishery port being shut down because there are alternative. Seafood produce have alternatives sources to come in. It is not like Jurong Fish port is the only point where produce comes in. 

Third, what was the population vaccination rate when the Jurong Fish port happened. I don't have the number but certainly it is below the current level. Also, likely most people working in Fishery port are elderly and visited by elderlies. Compared to bus captains, likely to be of lower age range. Also, bus captain are less likely to interact with passengers. They sit at driver seat all the time. Less likelihood of transmitting the virus. 

Fourth, is KTV an essential business? Lax policing of SD measures is the cause. They deserved to be shutdown for good if they are do not take serious view of the SD measures.

Gov do a Circuit Breaker again, people complaint. Gov don't lock down people also complaint. 

My point here is that the outbreak happens at different time where the overall situation is different. Hence the different approach in managing it. 

I'm not saying the Gov are doing a good job. But in this instance, I don't see a big problem with the way the current clusters are being managed. 

• Praise 4

how to prove link to bus or not. those unlink case dun even know where they got inflected. i bet alot of them take bus and mrt.

but  if cannot prove its link of course they will say no evidence.

but u know i know every 1 know. confine AC  area like inside a bus is extremely high risk

• Praise 1

Supercharged

So many unlinked cases. Are these people carrying their TTs, or have their blue tooth turned on? [confused] ........Or is Govt no longer relying on TT/TT app to perform tracing?? 

3 hours ago, Gizmore said:

Its funny how the Gov can blamed for double standard treatment. 

First it is public transport. The implication of a total shutdown is severe. Is there an alternative to public bus transportation? There isn't.

Second, fishery port being shut down because there are alternative. Seafood produce have alternatives sources to come in. It is not like Jurong Fish port is the only point where produce comes in. 

Third, what was the population vaccination rate when the Jurong Fish port happened. I don't have the number but certainly it is below the current level. Also, likely most people working in Fishery port are elderly and visited by elderlies. Compared to bus captains, likely to be of lower age range. Also, bus captain are less likely to interact with passengers. They sit at driver seat all the time. Less likelihood of transmitting the virus. 

Fourth, is KTV an essential business? Lax policing of SD measures is the cause. They deserved to be shutdown for good if they are do not take serious view of the SD measures.

Gov do a Circuit Breaker again, people complaint. Gov don't lock down people also complaint. 

My point here is that the outbreak happens at different time where the overall situation is different. Hence the different approach in managing it. 

I'm not saying the Gov are doing a good job. But in this instance, I don't see a big problem with the way the current clusters are being managed. 

The problem with us is we make assumption based on incomplete information. I keep telling everyone read the ST for your information but many like to gather information from all sort of funny websites.

We have experts dealing with the situation sometimes it is not ONLY science that dictates the policy. Other issues include economic, social and political. Eg Science tell us that you should not go Geylang but if you should go please put on rubber. Many will ignore and still go and do not use rubber. Science there but how to conquer lust. Some here very educated and good at making money but science confirmed and chopped smoking kills and yet they cannot wait to flaunt their cigar smoking escapade. How to even convince these latter individuals. Stupidity or human weakness?

We also need to assess our society such as always forever demanding a greater say but look need a law to pass to get everyone to bring their plates to the collecting shelves. Don't say I anyhow say even our minister say so, xia suay these people who go queue up at NTUC for toilet paper. (I confess I was one of them but I bought NTUC cheaper type - real abrasive).

You must also realized that there is nothing the government do apart from vaccination. There is no water-tight solution currently.

In the end, every man for themselves. You believe our authorities or anyone willing to sacrifice their career/pension for peasants like you or even me a General. Don't be naive. The quicker you learn and accept the world is unfair then you will be happy. Ever wonder why many here in MCF sacrifice their soul to be on the good books with moderators because they want their existence. It is like everything else in life. What you willing to sacrifice to get what you want.

Dont jump to conclusion so quickly. We know the frustrations on the ground but there is a light at the end of the tunnel and hopefully it is not an on-coming freight train.

In the meantime chew on this, vaccinated as well as unvaccinated carry the same amount of delta virus in their mucosa. Will restrictions are imposed on unvaccinated but less on the vaccinated. However, thought vaccinated has less severe infection but it is not completely zero. So in some way, the vaccinated are super-spreaders. Maybe that is how to achieve an endemic environment.

Many here dont really understand the science. Complain now come in train squeeze like sardine can but hawker centres cannot have more than 5 or whatever number. In trains everyone wear mask (like rubber for protection) but at hawker centres how to eat or drink with mask on (without rubber high risk of catch a-z bugs). 

If you are still unclear please subscribe to ST. We will go indepth to explain clearer. Sorry if it was not clear enough previously.

• Praise 1