2021 AUDI S8 - THE KING IS BACK!

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

The 5th generation of the Audi S8 is here. Codenamed D5, the king of mixing luxury with performance, is back.

Mega twin-turbo V-8, high-tech interior, shockingly athletic for a full-size luxury car.

Engine, Transmission, and Performance

The S8's sole engine choice is a potent one: a twin-turbocharged 4.0-liter V-8 engine making 563 horsepower and 590 lb-ft of torque. All-wheel drive is standard, and the transmission is an eight-speed automatic. Audi claims a top speed of 155 mph, and there are fuel-saving systems, too, including cylinder deactivation and a mild-hybrid setup with a small electric motor and battery. At our test track, the S8 blasted to 60 mph in just 3.2 seconds. An active suspension system can control each wheel individually to improve ride quality, and it is tuned differently than that of the standard A8, promising improved cornering prowess thanks to reduced body roll. Audi also includes equipment such as a torque-vectoring rear differential and rear-wheel steering to increase agility; powerful carbon-ceramic brakes are optional.

image.thumb.png.0d302bb762dea17338f8eb2cb56fd8a5.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Internal Moderator

I think all the manufacturer is pushing all their gasoline hero car out this year, then 2022, will be the year of electrification. 😭

Perfect car for the transporter! In (SG) hardly see any S8 over here, even A8 is rare here. For this class Mercedes S class and  BMW 7 series lead  over Audi for this segment. 

• Praise 1

Hmmm...Suspension go up 7.8 Cm for Easy Entry/Exit....If Audi make the Suspension up 78 Cm  to clear ''Ponding'' it may sell even better.

• Haha! 3

Wow, this is a winner. Definitely has presence and would get this over 7 series and Lexus LS if I am getting a car in this segment. Tough choice between this and S class though. 

seriously, 

a. if driver want to shiok ... driver won't buy a S8 limo (so panjang) to cheong ... definitely go for hatchback king or sport car king like porky 992 or fellali and lembugini 

b. if passenger want to shiok ... why get a S8 and sit behind to vomit? [laugh] 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

3 hours ago, Confusedboi said:

Perfect car for the transporter! In (SG) hardly see any S8 over here, even A8 is rare here. For this class Mercedes S class and  BMW 7 series lead  over Audi for this segment. 

In this segment the Merc S class and the bimmer 7 series still reign supreme.

Even Lexus and Jaguar have hard times dethroning them.

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, Watwheels said:

The Audi S7 has a sportier look.

Probably the most sportier executive  sedan but hardly seeing any on the road.

48 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

seriously, 

a. if driver want to shiok ... driver won't buy a S8 limo (so panjang) to cheong ... definitely go for hatchback king or sport car king like porky 992 or fellali and lembugini 

You like that say I don't feel so demoralizing for not being able to afford one.😄😄😄

Edited by Ct3833
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Wt_know said:

seriously, 

S63, S8 etc if you want to chiong in comfort in a roughly straight line.

And when you want to transport Shu Qi [gorgeous] ....

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

I own a s8, and speaking from driver point of view it’s a car with no complain, the comfort is there, the power is there, it’s best of both world, mine is 2012, but I’ll most probably renew coe, passenger wise I never heard they complain of any anything, think bcos air suspension helps

• Praise 8

1 hour ago, Lee9959 said:

I own a s8, and speaking from driver point of view it’s a car with no complain, the comfort is there, the power is there, it’s best of both world, mine is 2012, but I’ll most probably renew coe, passenger wise I never heard they complain of any anything, think bcos air suspension helps

Only drawback is the road tax.  The old model looks better than the current one. And and the physical knobs and buttons (all solid quality) are easier to operate than the new fingerprint magnetic touch screen. 

Internal Moderator
14 minutes ago, Lee9959 said:

Haha, but the smile on your face everytime u accelerate will let u forget the road tax 

after renewing coe, every year you need to step harder leh

11 years - 110%

12 years - 120%

13 years - 130%

14 years - 140%

15 years - 150%

😂