Japanese man takes cute daily videos of pet pig, plans to kill it for meat after 100 days

kobayashiGT

Turbocharged
6 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

yes boss. Woah. His MIL damn scheming sia. 27 years liao, still brewing. hahaha.

No boss lah, you are the boss here. 

And this is called love on Jamesec's MIL case. You donno

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
16 minutes ago, Heartbreakid said:

This Japanese is sick. If he decides to kill the pig in the first place, then don't go a big round create all this media thing for himself and the pig. He just making himself look bad.

As usual for Japanese. hahaha.

1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

How long have your MIL been feeding you?

Coming to 10,000 days alrd? hahahaha

No wonder her food taste a bit funny.

:D

And don't know why she has to buy rat poison so often.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

My MIL always like to read @BanCoe posts one.

1 hour ago, BanCoe said:

her lov for @Jamesc is never ending, she will outlive him also with his constant doting 😍on her 🤣 and remembering her at least 10-15 times in MCF here, also she takes on the Okinawan  Diet (as he says she is Jepunese )    .... should live till 120 at least 🤣    ..... OK back to topic 

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Heartbreakid said:

This Japanese is sick. If he decides to kill the pig in the first place, then don't go a big round create all this media thing for himself and the pig. He just making himself look bad.

lol.. did you see the simpsons cartoon where homer eats his lobster pet?

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

No wonder her food taste a bit funny.

And don't know why she has to buy rat poison so often.

I think a small dosage a day makes you stronger. Now I am sure you are immune to rat poison le. You drink like red bull also no kick.

castro-brothers-red-bull.gif

• Haha! 1

4 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

eaten-pig-100days.jpg

A Japanese man has taken to YouTube to record his daily life with a "mini pig" called Kalbi, or Karu-sama.

If the YouTube channel's name is any indication, it is not a typical pets channel, despite the YouTuber noting down Kalbi's date of birth (Feb. 27, 2021) and his personality (Kalbi is spoiled and loves to eat).

Named "Eaten Pig after 100 days", the channel's owner has pledged to kill Kalbi for food after 100 days.

Screenshot-2021-08-30-at-6.56.39-PM.png

At the end of each video, he has even attached a countdown to the fateful day when the pig is finally slaughtered.

"Kalbi", or "galbi", means ribs in Korean.

Two days left for Kalbi

The video he posted on Monday, Aug. 30, marked the 98th day since he first brought Kalbi home, which meant the pig only has two days left to live.

It was titled, "This happened when I gave a mini pig, which is about to say goodbye, his favourite foods... (Day 98)"

Although some of the channel's followers are still doubtful that Kalbi's owner is really going to have him killed for food -- given the loving manner in which Kalbi has been raised so far -- they started to say their goodbyes.

Screenshot-2021-08-30-at-11.16.25-PM.png

"However things are going to turn out, I'm not going to say anything. Thank you Karu-sama for teaching me the importance of life."

Screenshot-2021-08-30-at-11.17.30-PM.png

"Pigs can't be fed for at least 12 hours before they are slaughtered, if he's really killed, this will most likely be his last meal."

As for the video posted a day before, the channel owner had titled it, "Please tell me your favourite pork dishes. (Day 97)"

While commenters were sad to see Kalbi go, they still gamely revealed what their favourite pork dishes were.

Screenshot-2021-08-30-at-7.11.34-PM.png

"To eat Karu-sama after he has grown so big...

I like fried pork cutlet rice bowl..."

Screenshot-2021-08-30-at-7.11.47-PM.png

"Karu-sama can still remain as a memory if his skin and hair are used to make into a wallet."

Many also do not wish to see any part of Kalbi go to waste, should he really be killed for food.

Screenshot-2021-08-30-at-7.11.53-PM.png

"For Karu-sama's sake, I hope that his bones could go into making Tonkotsu ramen (broth), and that not just his meat is used."

Debate sparked

When the YouTube channel was first started, the shock value of what the YouTuber planned to do with his mini pig had sparked discussions on the internet, and had people guessing if he would really kill the animal after 100 days.

While some called the YouTuber "cruel" for killing a "companion", others thought that what he is trying to do is to raise awareness about meat eating.

Many also drew comparisons to a manga called "The crocodile who dies in 100 days", which was first published on Twitter on Dec. 12, 2019, and tells the story of a crocodile who was due to die in 100 days.

Guess we'll only know the answer on the 100th day.

Oh goodness! Looks like the meals for the pig are better than mine. :/

• Haha! 1

4 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

eaten-pig-100days.jpg

A Japanese man has taken to YouTube to record his daily life with a "mini pig" called Kalbi, or Karu-sama.

If the YouTube channel's name is any indication, it is not a typical pets channel, despite the YouTuber noting down Kalbi's date of birth (Feb. 27, 2021) and his personality (Kalbi is spoiled and loves to eat).

Named "Eaten Pig after 100 days", the channel's owner has pledged to kill Kalbi for food after 100 days.

Screenshot-2021-08-30-at-6.56.39-PM.png

At the end of each video, he has even attached a countdown to the fateful day when the pig is finally slaughtered.

"Kalbi", or "galbi", means ribs in Korean.

Two days left for Kalbi

The video he posted on Monday, Aug. 30, marked the 98th day since he first brought Kalbi home, which meant the pig only has two days left to live.

It was titled, "This happened when I gave a mini pig, which is about to say goodbye, his favourite foods... (Day 98)"

Although some of the channel's followers are still doubtful that Kalbi's owner is really going to have him killed for food -- given the loving manner in which Kalbi has been raised so far -- they started to say their goodbyes.

Screenshot-2021-08-30-at-11.16.25-PM.png

"However things are going to turn out, I'm not going to say anything. Thank you Karu-sama for teaching me the importance of life."

Screenshot-2021-08-30-at-11.17.30-PM.png

"Pigs can't be fed for at least 12 hours before they are slaughtered, if he's really killed, this will most likely be his last meal."

As for the video posted a day before, the channel owner had titled it, "Please tell me your favourite pork dishes. (Day 97)"

While commenters were sad to see Kalbi go, they still gamely revealed what their favourite pork dishes were.

Screenshot-2021-08-30-at-7.11.34-PM.png

"To eat Karu-sama after he has grown so big...

I like fried pork cutlet rice bowl..."

Screenshot-2021-08-30-at-7.11.47-PM.png

"Karu-sama can still remain as a memory if his skin and hair are used to make into a wallet."

Many also do not wish to see any part of Kalbi go to waste, should he really be killed for food.

Screenshot-2021-08-30-at-7.11.53-PM.png

"For Karu-sama's sake, I hope that his bones could go into making Tonkotsu ramen (broth), and that not just his meat is used."

Debate sparked

When the YouTube channel was first started, the shock value of what the YouTuber planned to do with his mini pig had sparked discussions on the internet, and had people guessing if he would really kill the animal after 100 days.

While some called the YouTuber "cruel" for killing a "companion", others thought that what he is trying to do is to raise awareness about meat eating.

Many also drew comparisons to a manga called "The crocodile who dies in 100 days", which was first published on Twitter on Dec. 12, 2019, and tells the story of a crocodile who was due to die in 100 days.

Guess we'll only know the answer on the 100th day.

Seems that it is a female pig.

4 hours ago, Jamesc said:

I hope after watching this people because vegetarians.

More bacon sandwiches for the rest of us.

I love baby pork ribs. [:)]

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Mustank said:

Nowadays downstairs got a lot of chicken

should rehlme some of these chickens to reservoir area to provide entertainment for monkey :XD:

Wow!! What an eye opener! I didn't know it can be done!

• Haha! 1

@kobayashiGT

Not that I enjoy media censorship, but this is akin to a video hooking audiences at the expense of someone's hurt/ or death in this scenario

There are several videos of putting insects and animals in cage, making them fight to the death, or till maimed... 

Just a bloody streaming gladiator blood sport, and it desensitises viewers over time to hurt and death...

Surely it should not be celebrated nor rewarded with viewerships/sponsorships etc..

I could watch this guy putting his hand into a blender and posting on YouTube, but shouldn't there be some boundary for mass market consumer media?

Just my rant, from the resentment of innocent getting hurt for no good reason... 

• Praise 5

Internal Moderator
7 minutes ago, Sturtles said:

@kobayashiGT

Not that I enjoy media censorship, but this is akin to a video hooking audiences at the expense of someone's hurt/ or death in this scenario

There are several videos of putting insects and animals in cage, making them fight to the death, or till maimed... 

Just a bloody streaming gladiator blood sport, and it desensitises viewers over time to hurt and death...

Surely it should not be celebrated nor rewarded with viewerships/sponsorships etc..

I could watch this guy putting his hand into a blender and posting on YouTube, but shouldn't there be some boundary for mass market consumer media?

Just my rant, from the resentment of innocent getting hurt for no good reason... 

I agree with what you have just said. I am also 100% not supporting this type of action. This is the purge in real life. In order to gain fame and notice, this guy resorts to killing a pig in this manner. 

• Praise 2

己所不欲,勿施于人 

I believe that human consume meat for survival is ok, but when you do it for entertainment/viewership then its very wrong.

Edited by Bacteria83
  • Praise 2

Sad Lah. I stand by my statement - Do not put feeling into it and then kill it. It will influence the human mind to kill too

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1