Reserving your own Private HDB Lot

RadX

27 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

I file a complaint before on this.. nothing could be done.. 

I guess what kind they do? Even file complaint on illegal parking, also nothing could be done. 

↡ Advertisement

This is novice level. 

In my HDB estate, they use 2 x cars to reserve a lot - a throwaway car that parks at the upper decks, and the primary car that parks at the "dragon lot" (龙位). 

When the primary car wants to leave the dragon lot, the throwaway car is shifted down to occupy the dragon lot until the primary car returns. 

Beat that, you peasants! 

• Haha! 11

13 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Some people simply just like one particular spot/lot to park their car lo. So die die also must park there even there are plenty of others lot. Lol.

But those people staying landed even have to park far away and walk back also no choice lo, cause the lot and area outside by right belongs to the public, anyone also can park and those house owner cannot chope it de. Unless the house owner paid for that lot or area outside their house. Lol.

Some private estates, close to HDB, have parking problems. HDB residents park at their estate roads for free. Some more anyhow park and block people's exit with their old cars and vans/pick-ups. URA offered to put up coupon parking on these roads, with season-only parking in the night to guarantee bona-fide residents parking space. 

If neighbours do not cooperate, then paid parking is the other option. Suddenly, cars will park in their own porch instead of all the cars park on the road.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

33 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Not happy just go down remove the cones and throw over the boarded up area. Or put the cones at the back of other lots. 

If I need to park there I would just reverse into the cones. 

Drive coe Lao pigkarp and just park over the fallen cones 🤘

• Haha! 4

8 minutes ago, Comage said:

This is novice level. 

In my HDB estate, they use 2 x cars to reserve a lot - a throwaway car that parks at the upper decks, and the primary car that parks at the "dragon lot" (龙位). 

When the primary car wants to leave the dragon lot, the throwaway car is shifted down to occupy the dragon lot until the primary car returns. 

Beat that, you peasants! 

MAybe that lot make them win many Toto 

If like that I also do the same ah!!! :XD:
heck!!! I just park one coe Lao lorry and don’t move already :XD:

Edited by Mustank
  • Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
44 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Some people simply just like one particular spot/lot to park their car lo. So die die also must park there even there are plenty of others lot. Lol.

But those people staying landed even have to park far away and walk back also no choice lo, cause the lot and area outside by right belongs to the public, anyone also can park and those house owner cannot chope it de. Unless the house owner paid for that lot or area outside their house. Lol.

yeah. When I go simpang bedok and eat supper, I also park at the landed stretch (just to avoid paying parking) But then, for those that use their rubbish bin and chope the space one, I won't take lah. That one bad guy alrd.

Well we are like this one lah. you have 50cents, I wanna take 1 dollar. Never enough one. If not how to upgrade condo! hhahaa.

• Haha! 1

45 minutes ago, serenade said:

Some private estates, close to HDB, have parking problems. HDB residents park at their estate roads for free. Some more anyhow park and block people's exit with their old cars and vans/pick-ups. URA offered to put up coupon parking on these roads, with season-only parking in the night to guarantee bona-fide residents parking space. 

If neighbours do not cooperate, then paid parking is the other option. Suddenly, cars will park in their own porch instead of all the cars park on the road.

If buy landed, don't buy near HDBee! 

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

I guess what kind they do? Even file complaint on illegal parking, also nothing could be done. 

Yeah n now they ask u DIY.. take pic n upload to the parking app .

and to think that those roles will be something I willing to do when I retired.

everyday ride around, cause fear n anxiety with parking lye Liao in the background. Do some leg stretches and walk around.. zoom off n jjaoboh till end of day .. go home take care of grand kids

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, serenade said:

Because condos have been adjusted to only provide limited lots, many look at landed so they can park multiple cars . Else have to buy multiple units in the condo 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

I have my personal lot too, no cones needed. Slightly difficult lot to park. 🤣

Last time people never parked there till they realize my car always at the lot, then sometimes late nite people chope my lot liao 🤷‍♂

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Sdf4786k said:

Because condos have been adjusted to only provide limited lots, many look at landed so they can park multiple cars . Else have to buy multiple units in the condo 

Seems like condo even like worse than hdb, even have multiple cars and want to pay for parking lot also cannot. But hdb if you have the money, you can buy few parking lot but 2nd parking lot onwards, the price is higher la.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Comage said:

This is novice level. 

Beat that, you peasants! 

Thats perfectly fine. A car park lot is for a car, as long as it is a road worthy , tax paid car.  Nothing wrong.  

13 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Seems like condo even like worse than hdb, even have multiple cars and want to pay for parking lot also cannot. But hdb if you have the money, you can buy few parking lot but 2nd parking lot onwards, the price is higher la.

There are some very upmarket condos in Farrer Rd/Bt Timah area with many lots for multi car owners. When visiting, I see Ferraris in tarpaulin, Rolls Royces, Bentleys. Many empty lots. The catch? Each unit there averages $5 mio. My own humble condo only guarantees each unit 1-lot per unit. OK for me as only 1 car.

OTOH, there are condos with small units very close to town like in Balestier, Bugis, Boon Keng. Here the residents do not have cars as mainly singles or couples with no children, but rely on public transport to get around. These condo can park multiple cars. But usually with the condition that if someone needs lot for first car, have to give up second and third lots.    

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1