Mediacorp Drama: Key Witness & The Heartland Hero

Blueray

28 minutes ago, 13177 said:

You find elvin ng competent? 🙄 His expression same for every drama, esp when he acted those emotional scene, dont know he is crying or what? Lol. Maybe normal talking still ok la.

Till date, he's the most wooden wood face even though he won all those awards...

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

45 minutes ago, 13177 said:

You find elvin ng competent? 🙄 His expression same for every drama, esp when he acted those emotional scene, dont know he is crying or what? Lol. Maybe normal talking still ok la.

+100. 

He no expression one. happy, angry, sad all same. lol.

2 hours ago, Blueray said:

used to shun mediacorp shows myself too but in recent years I've started to follow again. mainly cos I am into photography and i like they way they shoot the shows these days. 

storyline development and pacing is still something mediacorp is a bit weak in, tbh.

videography and photography is very different leh. lol. 

But i find mediacorp videography is very standard. And very terrible for fighting scenes. All you see is just the arms and legs swinging around. 

Wawa productions on the other hand is very good. Maybe its the lighting or DOF, their shots have a more cinematic feel than our regular mediacorpse shows. 

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

his acting range is limited, so that's why play very similar roles show after show. no breakthrough. 

later when James Seah comes in then the acting gap will become more apparent. 

53 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

+100. 

He no expression one. happy, angry, sad all same. lol.

videography and photography is very different leh. lol. 

But i find mediacorp videography is very standard. And very terrible for fighting scenes. All you see is just the arms and legs swinging around. 

Wawa productions on the other hand is very good. Maybe its the lighting or DOF, their shots have a more cinematic feel than our regular mediacorpse shows. 

for the 9pm show, now can see DCT's freckles in some of the close ups. [:p]

ya, mediacorp fighting scenes so so only. 

i am watching more for Sheryl Ang tbh. :D

• Praise 1

I only know Uncle 当自强, cos my friend is the basketball coach. Nice guy, he not only capable and nice, active and doing a lot of good deeds including going the Nepal and rural areas to do good deeds

3 hours ago, Blueray said:

nothing.

just doing my bit to add some topics of interest in MCF. 

no lah.

used to shun mediacorp shows myself too but in recent years I've started to follow again. mainly cos I am into photography and i like they way they shoot the shows these days. 

storyline development and pacing is still something mediacorp is a bit weak in, tbh.

How you all got idea to start so many threads ? I did one Chicken one and died liao😋

1 minute ago, Arogab said:

How you all got idea to start so many threads ? I did one Chicken one and died liao😋

I do watch Ch 5 and Ch 8 and so happen got interesting shows and actresses on 730pm (Paige Chua) and 9pm (Sheryl Ang) so started a discussion thread lor. 

also expected that there'll be ppl who say "who still watch mediacorp" one lah. if no traction then next time i don't bother to start this type of thread lor. I am not remunerated for creating threads and generating traffic volume here anyways. 

my intention was a general mediacorp discussion thread (Ch 5, Ch 8, Channel U etc) but mods have changed it to show-specific thread.

i do watch TVB too. [laugh]

• Praise 1

49 minutes ago, Blueray said:

I do watch Ch 5 and Ch 8 and so happen got interesting shows and actresses on 730pm (Paige Chua) and 9pm (Sheryl Ang) so started a discussion thread lor. 

also expected that there'll be ppl who say "who still watch mediacorp" one lah. if no traction then next time i don't bother to start this type of thread lor. I am not remunerated for creating threads and generating traffic volume here anyways. 

my intention was a general mediacorp discussion thread (Ch 5, Ch 8, Channel U etc) but mods have changed it to show-specific thread.

i do watch TVB too. [laugh]

Actually when we were young, we were told to support our TV programs, but as I move around, I think others are much higher standard leh. We should have more overseas people come in and innovate but it seems like those people come in and conquered by our culture 

49 minutes ago, Arogab said:

Actually when we were young, we were told to support our TV programs, but as I move around, I think others are much higher standard leh. We should have more overseas people come in and innovate but it seems like those people come in and conquered by our culture 

guess it also depends on what one expects, cannot expect Mediacorp to be like netflix or HBO or Disney as their production budget is like unlimited.

so I focus on story telling, how its filmed and acting.

comparing Mediacorp and TVB, I'll say TVB story telling is stronger. over a same (say) 20-episode serial, TVB will have more character and story developments than Mediacorp. Some TVB serials are able to grab attention as early as Ep 1. 

and its also looking at some local eye candies :wub: and hope they develop themselves to be the next generation of TV leads. TVB already has a few ladies in the 30yo age group who can do heavy lifting as female leads. 

so see if Mediacorp can raise their game lor.

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Blueray said:

guess it also depends on what one expects, cannot expect Mediacorp to be like netflix or HBO or Disney as their production budget is like unlimited.

so I focus on story telling, how its filmed and acting.

comparing Mediacorp and TVB, I'll say TVB story telling is stronger. over a same (say) 20-episode serial, TVB will have more character and story developments than Mediacorp. Some TVB serials are able to grab attention as early as Ep 1. 

and its also looking at some local eye candies :wub: and hope they develop themselves to be the next generation of TV leads. TVB already has a few ladies in the 30yo age group who can do heavy lifting as female leads. 

so see if Mediacorp can raise their game lor.

I like it when they first started as SBC. These stories were better leh

4 minutes ago, Arogab said:

I like it when they first started as SBC. These stories were better leh

yeah, but the world and consumer tastes have evolved.

so if still tell story like SBC way, they will lose audience.

with internet, TV content overseas is readily available on our laptops and phones. so the competition for audience is more intense. have to up the game lor.

1 minute ago, Strat said:

actually the last show 很久以后的未来, My Mini-me and Me is not bad...

so if you were Xu Bin, you'll piak pick Mei Xin or Dawn Yeoh ? [:p]

tbh, I can't decide. [laugh]

• Haha! 1

3 minutes ago, Blueray said:

so if you were Xu Bin, you'll piak pick Mei Xin or Dawn Yeoh ? [:p]

tbh, I can't decide. [laugh]

i don;t know also.. cos i not Xu Bin. 😆

• Haha! 1

Just now, Starry said:

by the way does anyone here watch Kin (Channel 5)?

It is like never ending......

wish they change the title to Kin (Kin Liao)....

9 minutes ago, Starry said:

by the way does anyone here watch Kin (Channel 5)?

It is like never ending......

its like Tanglin. too long and too draggy. seems like everybody has issues with everybody. :XD:

watched only a few episodes. only eye candy is Jasmine Sim. 

in recent years the only Ch 5 shows I completed were Derek 2 and Reunion. 

7.30pm watch Paige. Rui En still bui bui but slim down a little. Last appearance for Shane before he was fired. 

9pm watch Sheryl. Storyline a bit confusing. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2