Quiet Tyres

CarGuy88

For T005a, DB552 and Primacy4, which one made in where, does it really matters? One tire shop told me this this made in Thailand, with the same price why not get this one direct import from Japan? (i forget which one from Thailand and which one from Japan) but both also imported right? lol ... got tire made in SG meh ? lol

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

9 hours ago, Bluepica said:

For T005a, DB552 and Primacy4, which one made in where, does it really matters? One tire shop told me this this made in Thailand, with the same price why not get this one direct import from Japan? (i forget which one from Thailand and which one from Japan) but both also imported right? lol ... got tire made in SG meh ? lol

Michelin agent tyres are made in Thailand. My wife car primacy 4 is made in Thailand. Michelin dun have made in Japan, Japan should be Bridgestone T005a. 

BTW my wife car default was T005a, I change it to Primacy 4 after 3 years usage and we prefer Primacy 4. Ride more plush and quieter 

• Praise 3

Yup. I can attest to Primacy 4. After 3 years covering nearly 50k km, thread depth worn out half, noise still low, ride still soft and resist aqua-planning well. 

Previous years was on Bridgestone Ecopia, Michelin HP and Primacy LC, Primacy 4 by far in comparison to those I have used have the best performance (life, comfort, noise, grip and value).

• Praise 2

Internal Moderator
52 minutes ago, Heartbreakid said:

Yup. I can attest to Primacy 4. After 3 years covering nearly 50k km, thread depth worn out half, noise still low, ride still soft and resist aqua-planning well. 

Previous years was on Bridgestone Ecopia, Michelin HP and Primacy LC, Primacy 4 by far in comparison to those I have used have the best performance (life, comfort, noise, grip and value).

But after 3 long years of usage, the rubber compound is depleting. Best if you change to a fresh set of tyres. It will start to get harden and lose grip one.

not overnight, but gradually.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

But after 3 long years of usage, the rubber compound is depleting. Best if you change to a fresh set of tyres. It will start to get harden and lose grip one.

not overnight, but gradually.

Yes. It so gradual that we will not feel it when driving daily.

@Bluepica 

too5a too5 is from Bridgestone i guess is Japan or Thailand , db552 i think is ONLY JApan produced, primacy 4 (non asian )/primacy 4 st (thailand)

tires Qualities is not determined by country made , yokohama is pushing their product by Origin that is Japan, actually they do have Thailand and Philippines plants.and

again Quality is not by Country of Origin

1 hour ago, Roberttan said:

@Bluepica 

too5a too5 is from Bridgestone i guess is Japan or Thailand , db552 i think is ONLY JApan produced, primacy 4 (non asian )/primacy 4 st (thailand)

tires Qualities is not determined by country made , yokohama is pushing their product by Origin that is Japan, actually they do have Thailand and Philippines plants.and

again Quality is not by Country of Origin

Many shops still do not have  YOM  2022 tyres?

1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

My next set of tyres will be Giti F50s

Anyone tried before?

Any comments?

:D

That's the worst set of tyres to purchase. Too expensive.

You should buy 2nd hand rethreaded, or best even bald tyres.

Your MIL will be very happy. /s

• Haha! 2

You are right.

It's too good for her.

I keep it for myself.

:D

9 hours ago, Brass said:

That's the worst set of tyres to purchase. Too expensive.

You should buy 2nd hand rethreaded, or best even bald tyres.

Your MIL will be very happy. /s

Edited by Jamesc
  • Haha! 1

Need some advices here regarding loud squeaking sound in carpark, especially making a turn over painted markings.

Have a 2008 Camry running the BS T001 and Energy XM2 tyres in each axle.   Profile 215/60/16.

Both tyres screamed loudly, when rotated to the front axle, and there is some slipping too when the carpark surface is wet.

Is this normal for these comfort based tyres with this high profile.

Any recommendation for a more composed set, since the tyres are all around 20k+ mileage.

Thanks !

59 minutes ago, Micb said:

Need some advices here regarding loud squeaking sound in carpark, especially making a turn over painted markings.

Have a 2008 Camry running the BS T001 and Energy XM2 tyres in each axle.   Profile 215/60/16.

Both tyres screamed loudly, when rotated to the front axle, and there is some slipping too when the carpark surface is wet.

Any recommendation for a more composed set, since the tyres are all around 20k+ mileage.

Thanks !

if they are old (in terms of YoM) tyres, maybe its time for a change?

If there was Dunop Veuro VE304, I would have gone for it ,since the VE303 is comfy, quiet and economical

I went for Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2, and its sportier feel, not as quiet (though quiet enough) and low rolling resistance.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Micb said:

Thanks !

Means your tyre grip very good! If no sound it would mean the tyres slipping/sliding across the painted surface. 

Nothing to worry. 

• Praise 3

Haha, true as well.  Not sure will get a complain from neighbours.   

In comparison to the F1A5 245/40/18 used in another ride, the squealing sound is definitely much louder.   So, thinking if a more performance based tyre may help, but may have limited choice, due to 215/60/16 profile.