The FIAT 500 is back in Singapore 2021!

Fitz4i

Internal Moderator

There is only one Fiat I will buy now. which is the fiat 124 abarth.

FIAT-124-Abarth-Spider-5767_28.jpg&f=1&n

but then again, I can get the same one from Mazda at a cheaper price. 😂

Hmmm. I will skip. hahahahahah

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 5

So many ex-Fiat owners here.... pleased to know you all 😃

I too had a Punto Grande with twin-sunroof... and that's the only thing i like about the car. It was brand new, but the car-lock mechanism failed within 2 months so the mechanic had to come and unlock and change the entire set.

Lost 2 years worth of depreciation when i sold 6 months later.

No more Fix It Again, Tony for me.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

49 minutes ago, PSP415 said:

Drove a Fiat Punto rong time ago. Petrol was literally dripping from a fuel line near the rear. Drip, drip, drip... like drops of my sweat and blood combi. Mine also had overheating issue. Repaired both issues and was peaceful for at least 3 years iirc b4 selling it.

My mechanic was very thankful that I did that. He questioned my sanity at one point. 

But it was fun to drive, chut signal always windscreen wiper will give me a shock first. Then need wiper, either left or right signal will be on instead. 

Took awhile to get used, then changed to Japanese car. Alamak, got to relearn again. 😅

Those were the days. Younger. 

Stay safe all 

Cheers 

I think the t jet was very popular back then. Good ptwr and was priced very competitively. Last time a group of us who drove swift sport, colt r and t jet used gather to tcss. Come to think of it, I still see many swift sport and colt r. But don't remember seeing any Punto on the roads anymore.

• Praise 2

13 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

I think the t jet was very popular back then. Good ptwr and was priced very competitively. Last time a group of us who drove swift sport, colt r and t jet used gather to tcss. Come to think of it, I still see many swift sport and colt r. But don't remember seeing any Punto on the roads anymore.

Thus the renewed coe cars give a very good indication of what cars are reliable and worth keeping. 
rubbish should just be scrapped and not waste a coe. Hopefully the Hyundai matrix has been crushed Liao! 🤣

• Haha! 3

7 hours ago, Stratovarius said:

Strangest thing is now sgcarmart used car page cannot find any punto already. All scrapped???? Sad siol

• Haha! 1

17 hours ago, Etnt said:

Had a grande punto, then went to a 147. Swore off Italians after that

Lol....kena 1 time still not shiok enuf izit? 

• Haha! 2

11 hours ago, Fitz4i said:

Strangest thing is now sgcarmart used car page cannot find any punto already. All scrapped???? Sad siol

Probably all broke down n the owners burned it to claim insurance.....

• Haha! 3

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, Soya said:

Lol....kena 1 time still not shiok enuf izit? 

haha, the 147 was a clearance deal. first few years was ok, after that became a regular at sin ming.

• Haha! 3

On 9/4/2021 at 7:03 PM, Mkl22 said:

Thus the renewed coe cars give a very good indication of what cars are reliable and worth keeping. 
rubbish should just be scrapped and not waste a coe. Hopefully the Hyundai matrix has been crushed Liao! 🤣

The matrix is a very good car in concept but execution is less ideal.

I remembered it had rear folding tables for the rear passengers, and oddly, I like the design except for the fugly dashboard and steering wheel.

Hyundai should make something like it again.

Would want to buy one again.(maybe in Malaysia lol)

Edited by Brass
  • Praise 1

17 hours ago, Fitz4i said:

I think there is one or 2 around.

On 9/4/2021 at 6:49 PM, Stratovarius said:

The fiats are a good car for auction bidders, but a misery for the owner if he offloads it.

Some guy in SGCM got a 30k Punto via Ge auction it in 2009. It was a 2008 car and it's original price was 90k 😬

A Punto for the punter, hell yea.

Edited by Brass
  • Haha! 1

On 9/4/2021 at 6:01 PM, kobayashiGT said:

There is only one Fiat I will buy now. which is the fiat 124 abarth.

FIAT-124-Abarth-Spider-5767_28.jpg&f=1&n

but then again, I can get the same one from Mazda at a cheaper price. 😂

Hmmm. I will skip. hahahahahah

is there any difference in the engine, suspension all that between the fiat "mx 5"  or just  take the donor mazda car and rebadge and tweak here and there? 😁

• Haha! 1

27 minutes ago, Brass said:

I think there is one or 2 around.

The fiats are a good car for auction bidders, but a misery for the owner if he offloads it.

Some guy in SGCM got a 30k Punto via Ge auction it in 2009. It was a 2008 car and it's original price was 90k 😬

A Punto for the punter, hell yea.

Fiat can be a 2nd or 3rd car as a roundabout. Quirky to drive especially for the older ones. I remembered you really need short legs  as long arms to drive. Had to kinda stretch to engage 1st gear. The shift was too low. 

drove a rented panda 1L in the UK for a couple of days. That was fun. Redlined it in the 1st few gears, all the time. Was so smooth. Really abused the hell out of it. Quite chuckable in the numerous roundabouts at Milton Keynes. 

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 3

Internal Moderator
13 hours ago, Confusedboi said:

is there any difference in the engine, suspension all that between the fiat "mx 5"  or just  take the donor mazda car and rebadge and tweak here and there? 😁

The abarth one just has some tweaks on the suspension and minor tuning. But mostly aesthetics lah. hahaha.

But then hor, MX-5 looks nicer in my opinion lah. Don't you think so? hahah.

27 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

The abarth one just has some tweaks on the suspension and minor tuning. But mostly aesthetics lah. hahaha.

But then hor, MX-5 looks nicer in my opinion lah. Don't you think so? hahah.

Yupx yupx, mx-5 looks nicer. Especially the one with the smiley lol face 🤣

• Haha! 1

I think TTS was the so called " Agent" or "dealer" at one time for the cars  ; I drove the FIAT Fiorino Van for 10 years; on the 9th year the LCD display panel became fuzzy; Parts are expensive; Servicing with Motorviva or even any Ah Beng workshop after warranty is not cheap too....... brand suffers from negative image of high maintainence unlike Toyota/Nissan or even the Kia/Hyundai commercial vehicles which people also renew after the 10 years as they basically function reliably........ FIAT is like FORD going going  going ......gone, yes back then Fiat made cute little cars         

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 3

14 hours ago, Brass said:

The matrix is a very good car in concept but execution is less ideal.

I remembered it had rear folding tables for the rear passengers, and oddly, I like the design except for the fugly dashboard and steering wheel.

Hyundai should make something like it again.

Would want to buy one again.(maybe in Malaysia lol)

Real useful when it comes to buying big items from Ikea! Installed a strut bar so corners were no problem. Traded in mine after 8 years.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1