COE Bidding – September 2021

Carbon82

11 minutes ago, tjyand said:

To be fair, KM margins also high and they are also inflexible about pricing. But hondas are just more exciting in my opinion. More modern design and better interior finishes and materials. Case in point - Honda city v Toyota Vios

There's a reason why there are less recent Toyotas on the road than before and why Toyota is no longer no. 1 in terms of volume in SG

I'm not bias like those TL.

City is LAGI overpriced and the new jazz/fit really fugly la. I think till now I only see one new city otr

Honda have many vfm models from PI. Models like shuttle, vezel (not the latest gen), fit etc. And the engine is more efficient, it produced more torque n bpb (on paper) than Toyota. Most of the design r more sporty and exciting

↡ Advertisement

6 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

Congrats on your good buy.

This  is precisely what I am telling you, comparing with your Mazda 6, buyers of most other brands are paying more to dealers than you did, there are Audi, VW, Honda ,  Hyunda etc, why continue to pick on Toyota buyers......not once, but many times, for years ? 

Let me share with you since you ask me what I have to say,  if I am taking the same view as you are, but I don't,  then I will tell you that you are paying margin to dealers, paying for ARF and excise tax to government  unnecessarily,  because I am driving a COE cars. 

Bro, you have hit the nail on the head. Most likely it was 因爱成恨 (when love becomes hate). Maybe our dear friend has been eyeing the Camry for years and yet BM die die don't want to reduce the selling price / margin, so he has to settle for a Brand New 9 year old Mazda 6... :D:D

In the same 9 year period, Toyota have churned out 2 generations of Camry, both of which are much more spacious and efficient than the ehmm... But well it is the buyer's choice, just like some like to go for EOL computers with obsolete i7 processor than newer model with latest i5 processor citing VFMness while ignoring the specs of other hardware / components.

• Praise 10
  • Haha! 3

41 minutes ago, Kia7200 said:

Same as u. Keep saying that car u renew is reliable for many yrs. Not once but many times

I can brag my bicycle is reliable too but I don't . Right?

Finally now you  see my point and agree with what i mean.   

4 minutes ago, Datsun366 said:

I will never say BM very good. In fact they know exactly why and thankful I do not elaborate.

if you believe my veracity.

why the Japanese charbor? Yubitsume.

Toyota is a good brand. Done and done.

anyways, COE is going up up and away, wait 2 more years for it to submarine.

U better don't say anything bad abt BM or toyota. Later the same group of TL will come n attack u. Let me do the dirty job

For Coe premium to drop to the lowest, We must wait till 2028 to 2029.  I have time to wait la

• Haha! 1

5 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

Bro, you have hit the nail on the head. Most likely it was 因爱成恨 (when love becomes hate). Maybe our dear friend has been eyeing the Camry for years and yet BM die die don't want to reduce the selling price / margin, so he has to settle for a Brand New 9 year old Mazda 6... :D:D

In the same 9 year period, Toyota have churned out 2 generations of Camry, both of which are much more spacious and efficient than the ehmm... But well it is the buyer's choice, just like some like to go for EOL computers with i7 processor than newer model with i5 processor citing VFMness while ignoring the specs of other hardware / components.

Sorry u think too much liao.

Below r the deal breakers for many. 

IMG_20210923_095406.jpg

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, tjyand said:

BM is really inflexible on their pricing and the margin they make on Toyotas will even beat the margin that PA makes on 4 rings (see for eg A3 at 125k to 129k-65k coe, 29k omw and 29k parf, 4k margin). 

Compare to an altis (105k best price recently, 45k coe, 19k omv and 19k parf, 22k margin) 

The price you pay for a Toyota is almost unconscionable relative to what you actually get. I don't think it's so much of hating on the brand, its more of how overpriced it is.. 

A3 margin is 4k? A4 is around $30k,the last time I check probably 2 years ago.

37 minutes ago, Lotr said:

About 7k actually or including ves rebate of 15k (which I missed) is about 23k, my bad. 

Based on A3 price of 129k. Compared to Altis 117k, I think the vfm option is clear. Then again, to each his own 😊

58 minutes ago, Kia7200 said:

IMG_20210923_095406.jpg

LOL ugly as heck. What's the need for such huge bezels to begin with 

• Praise 1

9 minutes ago, tjyand said:

It's likely to reduce the omv and tax. This seems locally fitted. 

I wouldn't call this a deal breaker.

Just like some of us change out of rims or tyres the moment we get our new rides, some will just turn into an auto shop and get this upgraded.

Aftermarket choices are aplenty.

This is for the older version of camry and I don't see how it wouldn't work for the newer one too. Comes with apple carplay and android auto. I'm not affliated to merchant BTW.

Haters will be haters la, ignore the troll.

Screenshot_20210923-110154_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ef18f0daa682776bb14ce0f3f7f69bcd.jpg

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Kia7200 said:

IMG_20210923_095406.jpg

Same same but different?

ODoWo1Z.jpg

1031396_6b.jpg

I have nothing against you but if you want to do a comparison, do a proper one. 

49 minutes ago, Lotr said:

During certain sales period, when ADs are pushing for sales target or clearing older model for newer one, the price are really alibaba. $4K margin for A3 is nothing when comparing to BMW 2 GT which was sold at loss of ~$8K during the same period.

And I was offered the Facelifted Q5 with "just" $10K margin, while BMW was clearing their pre-LCI X3 with ~$20K margin. If I have taken X3 offer, with the latest cat B COE @$68.3K, their profit margin would <$15K, and that's before taking into consideration the BSI+ thrown in (5 years warranty + 5 years servicing).

• Praise 12

29 minutes ago, tjyand said:

According to TL. They have to design like that so ppl will buy Lexus

These 3 floating screen belong to 3 diff model. Why would anyone bought a new car need to spend more to buy a new infointainment unit? Warranty void, clips break or scratches may occur during the installation then funny knocking sound may also created if wiring r not placed properly

TL will be a TL, they will find all sorts of reasons to justify BM mistakes

14 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

Same same but different?

ODoWo1Z.jpg

1031396_6b.jpg

During certain sales period, when ADs are pushing for sales target or clearing older model for newer one, the price are really alibaba. $4K margin for A3 is nothing when comparing to BMW 2 GT which was sold at loss of ~$8K during the same period.

And I was offered the Facelifted Q5 with "just" $10K margin, while BMW was clearing their pre-LCI X3 with ~$20K margin. If I have taken X3 offer, with the latest cat B COE @$68.3K, their profit margin would <$15K, and that's before taking into consideration the BSI+ thrown in (5 years warranty + 5 years servicing).

Take the side view of those floating screen too. If u want to do a proper one

23 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

Same same but different?

ODoWo1Z.jpg

1031396_6b.jpg

Oh on this topic, do you know if there's a specific time period when BM usually plays Ali baba ah? Or does it happen randomly? Think the only way most of us can ever afford a BM is if AD sells at a loss 😁

32 minutes ago, Invigorated said:

It's likely to reduce the omv and tax. This seems locally fitted. 

I wouldn't call this a deal breaker.

Just like some of us change out of rims or tyres the moment we get our new rides, some will just turn into an auto shop and get this upgraded.

Aftermarket choices are aplenty.

This is for the older version of camry and I don't see how it wouldn't work for the newer one too. Comes with apple carplay and android auto. I'm not affliated to merchant BTW.

Haters will be haters la, ignore the troll.

Screenshot_20210923-110154_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ef18f0daa682776bb14ce0f3f7f69bcd.jpg

That's my point exactly. AD cut corners and install crap looking car control units and still take such a large margin! 

Rims not really a appropriate comparison in terms of ease of upgrade la. Ask you, change shoes easier or change body part easier LOL. 

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

In the same 9 year period, Toyota have churned out 2 generations of Camry, both of which are much more spacious and efficient than the ehmm... But well it is the buyer's choice, just like some like to go for EOL computers with i7 processor than newer model with i5 processor citing VFMness while ignoring the specs of other hardware / components.

think u also hit the nail on his head.... 😝

• Haha! 1

If brands can charge high premiums, not giving discounts, and still people are buying, means they are doing something right. So what's wrong with making  more money

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 3

2 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Same same but different?

ODoWo1Z.jpg

1031396_6b.jpg

wah boss...next time buy car must ask you got any lobang

🤗

↡ Advertisement