2022 Renault Mégane E-Tech Electric

Carbon82

With EV going mainstream in the next few years, the automotive industry is going through a hard "reset", so will the once viewed as problematic French manufacturer turn the tide while riding on the next wave? Let see...

WWqrZFu.jpg

clXD5vR.jpg

4zJ1WTV.jpg

1xrxtgG.jpg

lIqQFhF.jpg

TQzFHyt.jpg

EPGS0wo.jpg

Straddling between crossover and chunky hatchback territory, this electrified Mégane E-Tech is a less glorified production version of last year’s Mégane eVision concept study. If you find the outline kind of familiar, it is because it bear similar proportions to the new Nissan Ariya Electric Crossover, which it shares the same CMF-EV platform and electric powertrain.

The Mégane E-Tech Electric will initially be offered with 40kW and 60kW battery packs, with the latter providing a maximum driving range of 470 km in the WLTP test cycle. That’s about +20km more than what Renault had initially communicated when it also mentioned that the electric engine on the front axle produces 215 hp.

Renault has not revealed if the range-topping powertrain from the all-wheel drive Nissan Ariya e-4ORCE which pumps out an impressive 389 hp and 600 Nm of torque working together with a larger 90kW battery to deliver up to 580km range and a 0-100km/h timing of 5.1 seconds will be available in the future.

As usual, stay tuned for more information. The car will be officially unveiled on Monday (European time) at the 2021 Munich Motor Show.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8

Renault is launching bigger EVs I see. The are putting the tested electric drive train in the Zoey to bigger EV models.

I have heard about the Renault Zoe or Zoey for quite some time. They are mostly in Europe. I think it is about the size of a Mazda 2. 

See video easier. From carwow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dyMJwZQu6g

Then there is concept Zoey that has 460hp. I think this will likely be seen on RS models.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5DUd5tgRRo

Edited by Watwheels

Internal Moderator
On 9/5/2021 at 12:58 AM, Carbon82 said:

With EV going mainstream in the next few years, the automotive industry is going through a hard "reset", so will the once viewed as problematic French manufacturer turn the tide while riding on the next wave? Let see...

WWqrZFu.jpg

clXD5vR.jpg

4zJ1WTV.jpg

1xrxtgG.jpg

lIqQFhF.jpg

TQzFHyt.jpg

EPGS0wo.jpg

Straddling between crossover and chunky hatchback territory, this electrified Mégane E-Tech is a less glorified production version of last year’s Mégane eVision concept study. If you find the outline kind of familiar, it is because it bear similar proportions to the new Nissan Ariya Electric Crossover, which it shares the same CMF-EV platform and electric powertrain.

The Mégane E-Tech Electric will initially be offered with 40kW and 60kW battery packs, with the latter providing a maximum driving range of 470 km in the WLTP test cycle. That’s about +20km more than what Renault had initially communicated when it also mentioned that the electric engine on the front axle produces 215 hp.

Renault has not revealed if the range-topping powertrain from the all-wheel drive Nissan Ariya e-4ORCE which pumps out an impressive 389 hp and 600 Nm of torque working together with a larger 90kW battery to deliver up to 580km range and a 0-100km/h timing of 5.1 seconds will be available in the future.

As usual, stay tuned for more information. The car will be officially unveiled on Monday (European time) at the 2021 Munich Motor Show.

Megane become SUV? MLMLWML. 🤣

On 9/5/2021 at 7:43 PM, Mkl22 said:

Hard to believe. French electrics are crap. With full EV I would say hopefully don’t go up in flames! 

To be fair, this was built on same platform with Nissan Ariya. 

I think it would be better than previous french electrics

On 9/5/2021 at 6:43 PM, Mkl22 said:

Hard to believe. French electrics are crap. With full EV I would say hopefully don’t go up in flames! 

Not their awesome TGVs. 

↡ Advertisement