Opening of nightspots

welik72

More than 20 pivoted nightspots allowed to reopen for F&B as of end August

image.png.0f5d353b67baf8c6a629d855ba6160e5.png

SINGAPORE: A month after authorities introduced tighter measures as a condition for nightspots operating as food outlets to reopen, more than 20 such establishments have been given the go-ahead to resume operations.

In response to queries from CNA, the Ministry of Sustainability and the Environment (MSE) on Tuesday (Sep 7) said that as of Aug 30, it had approved the reopening of these outlets that have pivoted to food and beverage operations.

"These establishments have implemented the additional Safe Management Measures (SMMs), passed inspections, and received a conditional permit from MTI to resume operations," said MSE.

"Establishments that do not pass inspections are not allowed to reopen until they pass a later inspection, which they may apply for when they are ready."

In July, the emergence of a COVID-19 cluster linked to former KTV lounges and nightclubs led to a two-week shutdown of more than 400 pivoted nightspots.

All employees of such establishments were told to undergo a one-time polymerase chain reaction test and the nightspots had to receive approval from the authorities before being allowed to reopen.

Another condition that these pivoted nightspots had to meet before being allowed to reopen: Only the main hall was to be used for F&B operations. All private rooms were to be locked and not to be used for "any purpose".

Blackout windows or opaque doors were also not allowed to be used along the perimeter of the outlet, with the interior to be made "clearly visible" to people outside.

Upon the resumption of operations, all employees would also have to undergo fast and easy testing at a Health Promotion Board Quick Test Centre every seven days. 

SafeEntry Gateway would also have to be implemented at the entrance and exit of the premises, while prevailing licensing conditions were to be complied with.

As of Monday, data from the Health Ministry showed that there were 253 cases in the KTV COVID-19 cluster.

Source: CNA – https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/covid-19-nightlife-establishments-inspections-operations-reopen-2161541

--------

What do ya'll think of this new measure for the night scene? Is it too early considering that the last cluster from this group is only 2 months ago AND the extent of the spread? I'm personally quite worried cause I feel that its not possible to effectively regulate and monitor these establishments. hmmm

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Shocked 1

6 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

No music, no butterfly, might as well drink at home. 

Ya lo, might as well stay at home. But dont know if there is any nightclub might under table do business again? Then outbreak another KTV cluster?!

• Haha! 4

2 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Ya lo, might as well stay at home. But dont know if there is any nightclub might under table do business again? Then outbreak another KTV cluster?!

Cannot have blacked out windows and private rooms have to be locked.

Go fly kite better.

• Haha! 2

21 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

No music, no butterfly, might as well drink at home. 

Let them open and they do what they like to do liao

30 minutes ago, Arogab said:

If they are allowed to open, then I think it's a matter of time some clusters will form again. 

Open or not open doesn't matter anymore - there are bus terminal cluster, hospital cluster, market cluster.... It is already spreading in the community. 

• Praise 2

Wun die if no nitelife for the time being. Ahbeng ahseng where got care abt rules n law. Should blacklist those super stubborn ones n refuse medical treatment for dem.

Why let medical staff suffer becus of dem. 

Mus make me home minister... 🤭

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

39 minutes ago, Arogab said:

If they are allowed to open, then I think it's a matter of time some clusters will form again. 

i will be super super double T.L  if night club can open.

and i am not allow to play soccer. 🤬

• Haha! 4

13 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Open or not open doesn't matter anymore - there are bus terminal cluster, hospital cluster, market cluster.... It is already spreading in the community. 

4 minutes ago, Beregond said:

i will be super super double T.L  if night club can open.

and i am not allow to play soccer. 🤬

That's why I say, if use fine and stop operating to control. Sure will work

• Haha! 1

It could be a case of granting a condition license for them to operate and hopefully, easier to regulate. Rather than a hard ban and force all these activities to go underground, which could be worse. 

Then again, what the hell do I know? I'm not part of the COVID task force 😂

• Haha! 1