Jump to content
Cheesey74

Soh Rui Yong issues challenge: run 2.4km in less than 7min, and win $700 from me.

Recommended Posts

Supercharged
50 minutes ago, Achtung said:

Classic challenge. Buay song 1 to 1 lor. Talk so much kok no use.

Red berets better walk the talk.

Must run below 69secs per 400m for 6 rounds.

For reference world record sprinter need 43sec for 400m

Yes not many in SG can accomplish this type of speed for 2.4.

Why many will boast of incredible speed? Maybe because those who do 2.4 in a camp which is not using a standard 400m track and following a route around the buildings are probably running slightly shorter distance.

  • Praise 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Turbocharged (edited)

Too many “my grandmother can walk faster than you lot can run” bravado. Everyone gangsta till someone throws down the challenge.

When I was in BMT, word got round that one of the guys in my company was an inter schools cross country runner who comfortably did sub 8 minute 2.4s in long long loping strides and the rest of Nee Soo Camp’s trainers came up to try to match his pace during his runs, but of course, no one ever bested him.

Edited by Macrosszero
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic (edited)

Did you all read about his saga? Sued one of his running mate and even sued Singapore Athletics (SA). Only recently he drop the lawsuit against SA for the sake of SEA/Olympic games.

https://www.straitstimes.com/sport/soh-rui-yong-and-singapore-athletics-mend-fences-over-sea-games-non-selection-saga-runner

 

This person he sued, Ashley Liew.

https://www.straitstimes.com/sport/the-liew-saga-hurt-me-says-soh

He buay gey yan because this happended. He claim that it "hurts" him. 

Liew said he had slowed down to allow other runners to catch up after they missed a U-turn and took the wrong path. He received a special award for sportsmanship at the Singapore Sports Awards in June 2016, and subsequently won the Pierre de Coubertin World Fair Trophy in September that year.

He claimed that this didnt happen and got really upset when Liew received an award. The subsequent trophy probably drove him up the wall. He go thru great lengths to want to prove that it didnt happened. Award already given. Even if it didnt happen just let it go. Somemore they know each other and have been doing runs together. Why is he so unforgiving? He is already the best runner, why cant he let his friend have some glory and enjoy some lime light?

I dunno him personally but from what I read he is really GL. He must be quite rich to sue a person and an organisation at the same time.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 4
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic
34 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

Must run below 69secs per 400m for 6 rounds.

For reference world record sprinter need 43sec for 400m

Yes not many in SG can accomplish this type of speed for 2.4.

Why many will boast of incredible speed? Maybe because those who do 2.4 in a camp which is not using a standard 400m track and following a route around the buildings are probably running slightly shorter distance.

This is his split last Saturday 

26EB51EE-0B6C-43AB-BDC8-51C0015A0798.jpeg

  • Praise 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Turbocharged (edited)
1 hour ago, Achtung said:

Classic challenge. Buay song 1 to 1 lor. Talk so much kok no use.

Red berets better walk the talk.

I like this challenge. Too many arrogant SAF buggers around. 
no doubt that Soh is also kinda arrogant. But he delivers. 

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Turbocharged
49 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

Must run below 69secs per 400m for 6 rounds.

For reference world record sprinter need 43sec for 400m

Yes not many in SG can accomplish this type of speed for 2.4.

Why many will boast of incredible speed? Maybe because those who do 2.4 in a camp which is not using a standard 400m track and following a route around the buildings are probably running slightly shorter distance.

Ya typical army kelong 2.4km. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Turbocharged

If you’re arrogant because you can back it up, I give it to you.

Typical fighter pilot swagger.

But getting all huffy and not turning up when it’s time to walk the talk……

  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5th Gear (edited)

LOL. you guys, don't fall for it la. It is a pokari sweat ad campaign la.

Sure he runs fast (at least faster than me) but his claim to be the first Singaporean under 7 min holds no water at all lol.

Lui Yuan Chow ran 3000m less than 8 min 30 secs which is a faster pace than 7 mins for 2.4.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Singaporean_records_in_athletics#cite_note-4

Seems like this braggart issue this challenge because he knows Lui is in Australia and can't come back to trounce him.

Edited by ToyotaShuttle
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Turbocharged

SRY has that kind of personality that craves acknowledgement. It's not enough to just be the best. He cannot tolerate any hint of a doubt.

We all know somebody like that. With small circle of loyal supporters and make lots of enemies around. Talented for sure, but for that one glaring weakness!

  • Praise 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wen bmt.. 1 tamil bro looked like ethiopian famine victim, all bones. But run like black panther. Pti n instructors all tiam2.

Nvr know 1 recreational runner, take on the challenge n make national runner stfu..

  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

LOL. you guys, don't fall for it la. It is a pokari sweat ad campaign la.

Sure he runs fast (at least faster than me) but his claim to be the first Singaporean under 7 min holds no water at all lol.

Lui Yuan Chow ran 3000m less than 8 min 30 secs which is a faster pace than 7 mins for 2.4.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Singaporean_records_in_athletics#cite_note-4

Seems like this braggart issue this challenge because he knows Lui is in Australia and can't come back to trounce him.

Erm. Your citation itself states he holds the best time record from 5km race onwards. The 3km one didn't seem as properly certified. Together, that said alot about his 2.4,km claim, no? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Watwheels said:

Did you all read about his saga? Sued one of his running mate and even sued Singapore Athletics (SA). Only recently he drop the lawsuit against SA for the sake of SEA/Olympic games.

https://www.straitstimes.com/sport/soh-rui-yong-and-singapore-athletics-mend-fences-over-sea-games-non-selection-saga-runner

 

This person he sued, Ashley Liew.

https://www.straitstimes.com/sport/the-liew-saga-hurt-me-says-soh

He buay gey yan because this happended. He claim that it "hurts" him. 

Liew said he had slowed down to allow other runners to catch up after they missed a U-turn and took the wrong path. He received a special award for sportsmanship at the Singapore Sports Awards in June 2016, and subsequently won the Pierre de Coubertin World Fair Trophy in September that year.

He claimed that this didnt happen and got really upset when Liew received an award. The subsequent trophy probably drove him up the wall. He go thru great lengths to want to prove that it didnt happened. Award already given. Even if it didnt happen just let it go. Somemore they know each other and have been doing runs together. Why is he so unforgiving? He is already the best runner, why cant he let his friend have some glory and enjoy some lime light?

I dunno him personally but from what I read he is really GL. He must be quite rich to sue a person and an organisation at the same time.

Actually he didn't sue Liew; he was sued by Liew for defamation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic
3 hours ago, Watwheels said:

Did you all read about his saga? Sued one of his running mate and even sued Singapore Athletics (SA). Only recently he drop the lawsuit against SA for the sake of SEA/Olympic games.

https://www.straitstimes.com/sport/soh-rui-yong-and-singapore-athletics-mend-fences-over-sea-games-non-selection-saga-runner

 

The context here he mends fence with the new group of managment committee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hiaksss.. the above Photo. Pokari Ad.. dam steam. The gal in NB shorts dam sexiiii !!!

  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Falc said:

Erm. Your citation itself states he holds the best time record from 5km race onwards. The 3km one didn't seem as properly certified. Together, that said alot about his 2.4,km claim, no? 

What do you mean not "as properly certified"? It is recognized by Singapore Athletics is it not?

https://www.singaporeathletics.org.sg/downloads/575

His claim is that he is the first Singaporean to run below 7 mins for 2.4km... I don't see how his 5km record supports that unless he was running at a faster pace during the 5km.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×