Soh Rui Yong issues challenge: run 2.4km in less than 7min, and win $700 from me.

Cheesey74

4 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

I dont think this can be compared to what we did in ippt in the past. He only did the 2.4km run. He did not do the shuttlerun, chin up, sbj, sit up before the run. 

If he can do the ippt stations (all get A) and then do the run under 7mins then I will say he is good. But if he just ran the 2.4km and want to claim best. Sry no.

This upcoming challenge no need to do shuttlerun, or chin up.. Anyone who buay song go and do the same..  By the way, elite runners, the warm they do is machiam heavy training for amateurs. Warm up until body very sweaty, easily more than 45 minutes to an hour.

• Praise 5

8 minutes ago, Arogab said:

Yeah, he claims that many comments on this make him "Du Lan". Back in the 90s, my buddy was the best cadet officer in the commando but he also do only 7:40 and outdoor. 

Guess not many can do below 7 as he claimed. 

Many here just wanted to pass  during army days.🤣 Who bother about timings back then.

Only those mentally not stable as my army mates like to class them go for monetary. 

One of my army mate(whenever we met up back then) always claimed he can achieve monetary every year after rod.

His accumulated RT allowances coming to 100 plus. 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Funny guy. 

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

2 hours ago, Kopites said:

Awaiting red and green to take up the challenge!🤣

Me black so always sit in vehicle.

So pass.

hearsay ah Soh is AI leh... does that make us blacks proud?

• Haha! 1

6 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Many here just wanted to pass  during army days.🤣 Who bother about timings back then.

Only those mentally not stable as my army mates like to class them go for monetary. 

One of my army mate(whenever we met up back then) always claimed he can achieve monetary every year after rod.

Actually I have been thinking what is in his mind when he do this.

How many people actually go argue with him that "My commando friend did below 7 mins easily" and can argue till he so "DL" that he has to issue this?

So, if proven he is the only one in SG that can do it, then how many more years can he continue to do it? Many years ago, 7 min is something not heard of and now,  he has done it, later on, someone will still do it. And many overseas are there. Life is such.

Carl Lewis, Ben Johnson, Justin Gatlin (Many I cannot remember.....finally Usain Bolt. Someday, somehow, it will be broken

Why don't leave a better impression of being a happy nice guy to those people around him for the later years? Maybe he can be right. But interesting to see how things will turn out coming month

• Praise 2

22 minutes ago, Ender said:

This upcoming challenge no need to do shuttlerun, or chin up.. Anyone who buay song go and do the same..  By the way, elite runners, the warm they do is machiam heavy training for amateurs. Warm up until body very sweaty, easily more than 45 minutes to an hour.

Unless he did our gold standard of ippt it is not an apple to apple comparison. 

34 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

My camp (old Keat Hong armour camp - now demolished) 2.4 route is confirm kayu one. Very easy to get good results. And the best part is that the final 200m is a steep downslope to final point.

tankee spotted...

the camp is now KJE right? or is it PIE?

My best timing was in maju camp, when SAF first started to dangle the $400 carrot. The route there beginning is upslope, but is a round trip, so the final stretch is the same slope but opposite direction. Like that got even out the slope effect or not huh?

PS. after that, the maju camp route changed, and the slope part no more liao...

• Praise 2

3 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Unless he did our gold standard of ippt it is not an apple to apple comparison. 

It's a 2.4 challenge, why bring in IPPT? Was it a IPPT challenge?  The opporutnity to prove SRY wrong is opened for all on 9th and 10th Oct at KPT. Buay song just go and do it and get it record down and make it official. This is a fair comparison..

• Praise 4

28 minutes ago, Kopites said:

The $400 was good money, esp when first starting to work.

i've a fren who was - and still is - v fit. He will book his IPPT around Mar, just before the SAF FY ends, and trains hard for 1-2 mth running up to it. He'll get the $400.

Then, one month later, he'll book IPPT again in Apr, for the next FY... and still get the $400 cos still fit... 

after that, relax about 22 mth, and go again.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

5 minutes ago, Ender said:

It's a 2.4 challenge, why bring in IPPT? Was it a IPPT challenge?  The opporutnity to prove SRY wrong is opened for all on 9th and 10th Oct at KPT. Buay song just go and do it and get it record down and make it official. This is a fair comparison..

Because ppl here compare it with the ippt run. Not me. Ppl compare their friend's ippt run record. You ask them why they compare it. I only point out that it is different.

Then he should do a 3km run. Why he do a 2.4km run? He is challenging those doing NS or sign on.

Nothing to do with me. I am no longer wearing uniform or in the mr list. 

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Ho2786 said:

12 mins my all time best and that was when I was 13

saw my classmate run non stop and he did 10 mins

7 mins  need to use bicycle.

can 7 mins.....but probably fainted half way...[laugh]

12 mins also vomit already...….[laugh]

• Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Kopites said:

To add insult it was claimed by an "ex" commodore.

To my knowledge in MR 25 many can get into a single digit timing for 2.4 but  for sub7 not a common feat you get to see everyday. 

Claimed by an "ex" commodo!😤

oh, not sure whether any ex-commando is going to take up the challenge, but heard that current commando unit has been told not to respond to the challenge already. I suppose is not to respond in social media; the actual day dunno will have anyone challenge or not.

we have a few MCFers here ex-commandos right? 😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

14 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

tankee spotted...

the camp is now KJE right? or is it PIE?

My best timing was in maju camp, when SAF first started to dangle the $400 carrot. The route there beginning is upslope, but is a round trip, so the final stretch is the same slope but opposite direction. Like that got even out the slope effect or not huh?

PS. after that, the maju camp route changed, and the slope part no more liao...

Keat Hong was moved to a new premises beside Tengah airbase.

I ran all my NSman IPPT in maju, so familar with the slope. It is 3 rounds, at the end of each round, there is a steep upslope and then steep downslope to end-point. I struggled massively with the upslope, but strangely always passed with good results there. Probably the distance is kayu also.

• Haha! 1

Just now, Watwheels said:

Because ppl here compare it with the ippt run. Not me.

Then he should do a 3km run. Why he do a 2.4km run? He is challenging those doing NS or sign on.

Nothing to do with me. I am no longer wearing uniform or in the mr list. 

It's because the event is called the Pocari Sweat Run- 2.4km challenge mah which held yearly for a couple of years liao. Why 2.4km? Got to ask Pocari. 

It's more of a call out then a challenge. Why, coz all those buay song who claim sub 7 aren't the runner themselves who did it, but they all tia gong their unit has such cases. 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

6 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

oh, not sure whether any ex-commando is going to take up the challenge, but heard that current commando unit has been told not to respond to the challenge already. I suppose is not to respond in social media; the actual day dunno will have anyone challenge or not.

I actually looking forward to see people taking this up. No lost if can't do it, maybe $20 fee. But get a tee shirt. But can do it would be a exciting news.

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

1 minute ago, Ender said:

I actually looking forward to see people taking this up. No lost if can't do it, maybe $20 fee. But get a tee shirt. But can do it would be a exciting news.

Let’s MU there

😂

• Haha! 3

13 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

I know one who is @Jamesc, he commando in KTV or JAV?:yuush::XD:

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2