Soh Rui Yong issues challenge: run 2.4km in less than 7min, and win $700 from me.

Cheesey74

37 minutes ago, Arogab said:

It should not be taken as offensive. I view it as not necessary

Ok lah. kill some boredom for all us uncles on a thursday/friday. Ok what...

I like to jiak popcorn :a-popcorn:

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 5

Just now, Lala81 said:

Ok lah. kill some boredom for all us uncles on a thursday/friday. Ok what...

I like to jiak popcorn :a-popcorn:

You know ah, he give us a lot of work and waiting time. He should have announce this closer to the challenge date. Then we no need talk so much and no need wait so long. Haha, I don't jiak popcorn, can drink some whiskey and see see😋

• Haha! 1

During my ns days there was a nsman cook (who smokes) tat can run sub 8m for 2.4km.

tbh, tough to compair la, different field of excellence/specialty...if wan compair must at least apple to apple ma (red, green, fuji, china...etc).

If someone outside ur field of excellence/specialty beats u at ur specialty...wat does it makes u?

Edited by zipping
  • Praise 3

During my NS time, there was an Indian who ran bare footed with his timing at just above 8mins+, one of my army mates commented, “u know why he run so fast? Cos the floor is hot so that made him run faster” I told him “why don’t u try out your theory and see if u can run faster or not” Suffice to say he didn’t take up the challenge😄

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 11

51 minutes ago, Spring said:

During my NS time, there was an Indian who ran bare footed with his timing at just above 8mins+, one of my army mates commented, “u know why he run so fast? Cos the floor is hot so that made him run faster” I told him “why don’t u try out your theory and see if u can run faster or not” Suffice to say he didn’t take up the challenge😄

Bmt, i kana f by sgt cus say i run like

its sunday jog. After run.. kana run xtra cus, in his words, weekend shiok to run... relaxing.

1 recruit ask if ok to wear sports shoe rather den the SAF bata shoes (i think so) back in end 1988. Sgt replied, u wear adidas, asics, nike... still u cant run.

• Haha! 7

3 minutes ago, SGCMmadman said:

Bmt, i kana f by sgt cus say i run like

its sunday jog. After run.. kana run xtra cus, in his words, weekend shiok to run... relaxing.

1 recruit ask if ok to wear sports shoe rather den the SAF bata shoes (i think so) back in end 1988. Sgt replied, u wear adidas, asics, nike... still u cant run.

It was true. I wear the 威力 (Warrior) Canvas shoes and still win medals for my school. RI student wear Nike spike shoes also loose leh. Haha

But you know, one of my later coach that trained us on sprinting got sue for molest and convicted. You will know who if you read news😋

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

3 hours ago, Lala81 said:

He's already 2 x SEA games marathon gold.
National record holder in 5k, 10k, HM and FM.

2.4km not part of normal athletics meet, how to brag.

SG maybe a small pond. But undoubtedly out of 600million people region, he's already top few over the last 6-7 years?

Top few but not the fastest.. 

Who's son is this? 

IMG-20210909-WA0015.jpg

• Praise 4

As I said in the other thread, the COA can consider giving 14 days off for soldiers who beat 7 min, cos $700 is not worth the trouble. 14 days is worth the effort of a 2.4 record on a weekend. It will be shag because this is like a time trial and the effort should be properly rewarded enough for people to join.

And I will pay entrance fee to watch if SOF is joining this challenge. I know of 1 ex company mate (non SOF) who run consistent 7.20 to 7.30 at ippt but he is 45 now. I think he can definitely go below that in his prime because there was no prize to beat 7 then.

Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

8 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

As I said in the other thread, the COA can consider giving 14 days off for soldiers who beat 7 min, cos $700 is not worth the trouble. 14 days is worth the effort of a 2.4 record on a weekend. It will be shag because this is like a time trial and the effort should be properly rewarded enough for people to join.

And I will pay entrance fee to watch if SOF is joining this challenge. I know of 1 ex company mate (non SOF) who run consistent 7.20 to 7.30 at ippt but he is 45 now. I think he can definitely go below that in his prime because there was no prize to beat 7 then.

i think this is genetics.. some people train like hell and just pass only even during their prime. some people just have a pair of lungs on legs.. no excess weight.. born to run.

i think dsta need to study how to make more of this type of soldier.. find out if the runner genes is in x or y chromosome.. if x chromosome, i dont mind to donate my y chromosome.. 🤣

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

38 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

U looking at it from an uncle perspective. 

700 packets of chicken rice should be pretty good for hungry ns boy. Lol 

• Haha! 5

Anyone from ACS or ACJC in the 90s? There was this boy called Nigel Foo who did 6.11 at 2000m steeplechase when he was a student. Granted the distance was shorter but the steeplechase is a brutal event. I'm sure he can do sub 7 back then with such a steeplechase record. Anyone did the nafta test or ippt with him back then with stories to share?

Edited by Weez911
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1