Soh Rui Yong issues challenge: run 2.4km in less than 7min, and win $700 from me.

Cheesey74

Just now, Arogab said:

All these drinks are no good lah. I seldom take  look at them

I know. I usually take it after 60km cycling.

Nowadays, i drink sparkling water after 60km cycling 

↡ Advertisement

1 minute ago, Arogab said:

All these drinks are no good lah. I seldom take  look at them

Coming to see what you write. Did Pocari pay him to put up the challenge and make it a promotion gimmick?

i would think its more him than pocari. probably a gimmick in the end, but i would think he was the one who initiated it.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Kopites said:

You don't even think about it.

You won't even able to keep pace with her. Probably seeing her back only. 😁

long distance sure cannot catch la.

100m i think got chance so just run all out and then grab her can already

• Haha! 1

Seriously I want to see the commandos take up the challenge.  

Outside of camp,  nobody ever knew how they train,  and so many ex- commandos have been talking about it.  

Arrogant vs Arrogant is always a no holds bar.  This is going to be a show of  are the commandos really that good,  or will they  chicken out and stay away.  If they chicken out, then all the lao jiao will have to shut up ever after. 

This will make SRY even more arrogant,  and in future all he will do with criticism is point to the track, and say "see me at the track, any distance above 2.4km,  your pick"...

But if the commandos take him on and make him pay the prize and buy the pocari cartons,  it will be a tight slap on his face and he might be made to eat his own words.  

Not a bad way to tell some one that there is always a higher mountain out there,  and at the same time uphold the name of the Elite red berets.... 

What will it be?!!!! 

To be or not to be!!!! [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 3

6 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

Outside of camp,  nobody ever knew how they train,  and so many ex- commandos have been talking about it.  

Arrogant vs Arrogant is always a no holds bar.  This is going to be a show of  are the commandos really that good,  or will they  chicken out and stay away.  If they chicken out, then all the lao jiao will have to shut up ever after. 

This will make SRY even more arrogant,  and in future all he will do with criticism is point to the track, and say "see me at the track, any distance above 2.4km,  your pick"...

But if the commandos take him on and make him pay the prize and buy the pocari cartons,  it will be a tight slap on his face and he might be made to eat his own words.  

Not a bad way to tell some one that there is always a higher mountain out there,  and at the same time uphold the name of the Elite red berets.... 

What will it be?!!!! 

and can select the commandos for SEA, Asia and Commonwealth games already! [laugh]….and maybe Olympics too... 

• Haha! 2

13 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

i would think its more him than pocari. probably a gimmick in the end, but i would think he was the one who initiated it.

5 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

What will it be?!!!! 

Agree, in order to just put this issue aside. I guessed there is just a need to have one person come in to do it. But it may not be an easy one. I don't believe no one can do it even I think it is very little chance.

Just have one person do it and then all the shouting will quiet down

• Praise 3

7 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

What will it be?!!!! 

yes, exactly.... a big head butting...

makes me wanna go down on 9-10oct just to kaypoh...🤣

• Haha! 4

6 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

What will it be?!!!! 

Got the same  feeling as u. I hope those officers or  active commando really go take part in the event.😆

Not say i like or dun like sry. I dun even know him well enough to  judge.

Just for the fun part and let every 1 know what is the real best 2.4 timing in sg.

After all 2.4 is connected  to many of us. I am sure many of us are also curious  about  this😃

• Praise 6

14 hours ago, Macrosszero said:

Too many “my grandmother can walk faster than you lot can run” bravado. Everyone gangsta till someone throws down the challenge.

When I was in BMT, word got round that one of the guys in my company was an inter schools cross country runner who comfortably did sub 8 minute 2.4s in long long loping strides and the rest of Nee Soo Camp’s trainers came up to try to match his pace during his runs, but of course, no one ever bested him.

u sound like FnF.. 

...my grandmother who is blind in one eye can drift better than you ..."

• Haha! 1

9 minutes ago, Arogab said:

Agree, in order to just put this issue aside. I guessed there is just a need to have one person come in to do it. But it may not be an easy one. I don't believe no one can do it even I think it is very little chance.

Just have one person do it and then all the shouting will quiet down

I mentioned earlier. the 1 person who can do it might be in Australia.

Maybe he knows it too.

1 hour ago, Atrecord said:

oh, not sure whether any ex-commando is going to take up the challenge, but heard that current commando unit has been told not to respond to the challenge already. I suppose is not to respond in social media; the actual day dunno will have anyone challenge or not.

we have a few MCFers here ex-commandos right? 😁

Where is @Inlinefour @Carbon82 

Lai lai..... 😂😛

Edited by Tohto
  • Haha! 4

Just now, ToyotaShuttle said:

I mentioned earlier. the 1 person who can do it might be in Australia.

Maybe he knows it too.

Hehe, Maybe I forgotten what you say. But this one really you won't know what is the outcome. I still think it was difficult. 

Like I say, my buddy, 1992/3 in Commando OCS ran 7:40. But yet haven't truly see one that runs sub 7. Got one more month to talk about it

• Praise 1

Maybe the 5 fastest  current commandos are already taken out of regular training  and given new mission. "Mission breaking SRY"..

Exactly One month from now,  go through a 30 days 2.4km hell  month,  after that 14 days off with $700 and 700 bottles of pocari,  or sign 70 extras, broken up by 5 x 14.....  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Edited by Tianmo
  • Haha! 7

3 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

Maybe the 5 fastest  current commandos are already taken out of regular training  and given new mission. "Mission breaking SRY"..

Exactly One month from now,  go through a 30 days 2.4km hell  month,  after that 14 days off with $700 and 700 bottles of pocari,  or sign 70 extras, broken up by 5 x 14.....  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

image.png.756cd37c16279183e6aab8ca9642e820.png

Must at least send someone... "For Honour and Glory"

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

5 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

image.png.756cd37c16279183e6aab8ca9642e820.png

Must at least send someone... "For Honour and Glory"

This challenge is already beyond personal liao.  In his original IG post, he mentioned that he doubt the commandos can even complete 4 rounds (1.6km)  at his pace.  

"For Honour and Glory" or " slap face and sia suay" , guess they have to pick one...  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Sikali tomorrow we see total recall for all commandos,  ex and current back to camp for MU!!!  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

There's a good chance someone will go under 7 mins. There a large group of expatriate runners here. Some of the AMDK runners are elite level.

To be fair, a commando can be very very fit but they are all rounders.. Not just focus on running 2.4km.

To achieve a very fast 2.4km timing, normally need to be a sprinter, very slim and lightweight.

I believe commando body build will be more muscular and with a heavy body.

The fastest I had seen during my NS day is one regular, who is also a regular runner getting 7min20sec+ for every IPPT test. He is also very slim and light weight body.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3