Soh Rui Yong issues challenge: run 2.4km in less than 7min, and win $700 from me.

Cheesey74

ask 6 of the fastest uncles in mcf and each will sprint 400m. Add up the timings and surely will still be above 7 min. 😁

each round must be faster than 1 min 10 sec then can achieve a sub 7 min timing.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

I thought those Gurkhas all run very fast one. Maybe can challenge him.

I also thought the special forces other than the Commando are much better cos they are selected.

wah lao...under 7 mins for 2.4 km even if got in commando or hidden elsewhere, definitely a rare occurrence and maybe not even at this current time

maybe last time even have 1 in commando did it and eg 100 people witnessed it, on social media the 100 witnesses will say until got 100 different persons ran under 7 mins lah

not only that, these witnesses will assume every batch of commandos will produce 100 different persons who could run under 7 mins for 2.4 km

this event is like 华山论剑 like that,  those after fame and fortune will go.  while the participants are definitely one of the best runners at the current time, there MAY also be some hidden highly skilled people who are not interested but again would be very rare if any

🤣

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 4

58 minutes ago, Spidey10 said:

and can select the commandos for SEA, Asia and Commonwealth games already! [laugh]….and maybe Olympics too... 

Than navy diver can bring back Olympic gold. Don't need schooling anymore.

• Haha! 1

18 minutes ago, Tohto said:

To be fair, a commando can be very very fit but they are all rounders.. Not just focus on running 2.4km.

To achieve a very fast 2.4km timing, normally need to be a sprinter, very slim and lightweight.

I believe commando body build will be more muscular and with a heavy body.

The fastest I had seen during my NS day is one regular, who is also a regular runner getting 7min20sec+ for every IPPT test. He is also very slim and light weight body.

agree....commandos may not have the elite athletics runner figure to dip below 7 min....they may be powerfully built to cater to other demands like lifting and punching, (which SRY will have no chance against them) but in this aspect of sprinting 2.4 km, I think SRY will win.

SRY body is lean and light....and power comes from the leg and upper arm strength to push the lean body forward. You can see in badminton, the tallest guy or the guy with the most powerful smash does not always win the match....

if they say do a 100m sprint....then is a different story...the power of the commandos legs might be able to overcome the lean and light body of SRY!

Just my thots....as i have seen elite athletics run at OCBC arena but they are from different sports and they can managed 8 secs for 2.4 (mind you they are superfit in their respective sports) is just that their training and body strength is not catered to running as a core.... 

• Praise 2

37 minutes ago, Ender said:

There's a good chance someone will go under 7 mins. There a large group of expatriate runners here. Some of the AMDK runners are elite level.

They arent in commandos. 

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 1

8 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Than navy diver can bring back Olympic gold. Don't need schooling anymore.

maybe....i don't know....maybe there are blacksheep in the navy that can swim like a dolphin ..[laugh]

11 minutes ago, Spidey10 said:

agree....commandos may not have the elite athletics runner figure to dip below 7 min....they may be powerfully built to cater to other demands like lifting and punching, (which SRY will have no chance against them) but in this aspect of sprinting 2.4 km, I think SRY will win.

SRY body is lean and light....and power comes from the leg and upper arm strength to push the lean body forward. You can see in badminton, the tallest guy or the guy with the most powerful smash does not always win the match....

if they say do a 100m sprint....then is a different story...the power of the commandos legs might be able to overcome the lean and light body of SRY!

Just my thots....as i have seen elite athletics run at OCBC arena but they are from different sports and they can managed 8 secs for 2.4 (mind you they are superfit in their respective sports) is just that their training and body strength is not catered to running as a core.... 

For this issue, the talk is about those people in Commando/NDU and others if they can do 2.4km in 7 mins. This is the clear cut of face to face challenge lor. 

My thought is "You can do it, but that does not mean others cannot do it". 

If others argue with you on line for saying other people can do like you do. Is it justifiable to put up this challenge? This could just be his character. Not me

• Praise 1

13 minutes ago, Spidey10 said:

maybe....i don't know....maybe there are blacksheep in the navy that can swim like a dolphin ..[laugh]

During my time, 2000, Navy always winning the annual SAFSA Swimming competitions.:D

However, I am the odd one. Only know how to float.:XD:

• Haha! 2

52 minutes ago, Ender said:

There's a good chance someone will go under 7 mins. There a large group of expatriate runners here. Some of the AMDK runners are elite level.

15 minutes ago, Kopites said:

They arent in commandos. 

Yeah, then this will become another argument liao. 

1 minute ago, Arogab said:

For this issue, the talk is about those people in Commando/NDU and others if they can do 2.4km in 7 mins. This is the clear cut of face to face challenge lor. 

My thought is "You can do it, but that does not mean others cannot do it". 

If others argue with you on line for saying other people can do like you do. Is it justifiable to put up this challenge? This could just be his character. Not me

Commandos run 2.4km to defend  the nation

this joker run 2.4km to hao lian

so insulting to dare to compare.

• Haha! 2

2 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

During my time, 2000, Navy always winning the annual SAFSA Swimming competitions.:D

However, I am the odd one. Only know how to float.:XD:

for me is not float....i am the one that sink....like a sub...[laugh]...but sub can come up....i cannot!![laugh]

• Haha! 3

1 minute ago, Ho2786 said:

Commandos run 2.4km to defend  the nation

this joker run 2.4km to hao lian

so insulting to dare to compare.

This guy has his point too. But end of the day. I am also interested to really see if there will be anyone to run the 6 min 59 sec and say "I am serving my NS in XXX unit" 

Like this can liao. If not, the story will go on forever cos of the words in the challenge

• Praise 5

2 minutes ago, Spidey10 said:

for me is not float....i am the one that sink....like a sub...[laugh]...but sub can come up....i cannot!![laugh]

For you like this is good, go diving no need to use weight, save money🤣

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1