Camera or mobile phone?

Discoburg

6 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

Does it make more sense to use a mobile phone like an iPhone 12 to take photos during vacation instead of a digital camera now?

Depend go where and with who

If go Hokkaido with family, bring big ass cam

if go Taiwan alone, don’t bother 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 6

9 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

Does it make more sense to use a mobile phone like an iPhone 12 to take photos during vacation instead of a digital camera now?

If you are serious or interested in photography, go for camera. Serious as in use photoshop/lightroom to edit photos or like to play with lights. You will have more controls on DoF and aperture.

if you are those who just PnS, edit with filters and view your photos on your phone, phone will be good enough. i know many here will disagree with me. 😂

• Praise 5

12 minutes ago, Mustank said:

Depend go where and with who

If go Hokkaido with family, bring big ass cam

if go Taiwan alone, don’t bother 

Yah lah

Iphone good enough for this kind of shots.

:D

image.thumb.png.4260a11d590240336df688391622f4d2.png

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 7

Internal Moderator
19 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

https://www.skillshare.com/classes/iPhone-Photography-How-to-Take-Pro-Photos-On-Your-iPhone/1564055279?via=browse-rating-photography

You can learn how to take cool shot with iPhone.

But a good camera solve all your prob, take out shoot, bam!

Sony Cyber-shot is very versatile and portable!

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, kobayashiGT said:

https://www.skillshare.com/classes/iPhone-Photography-How-to-Take-Pro-Photos-On-Your-iPhone/1564055279?via=browse-rating-photography

You can learn how to take cool shot with iPhone.

But a good camera solve all your prob, take out shoot, bam!

Sony Cyber-shot is very versatile and portable!

Currently using a HX99. I also think an iPhone can take good shots. Find it an hassle to lug around a camera, charger etc for trips.

• Praise 1

To date, no phone camera can compare to a Camera with good function. If you are just point and shoot yes for using the phone. But if you are into photography, the phone cannot take over an SLR or a compact with good function

• Praise 5

Internal Moderator
17 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

Currently using a HX99. I also think an iPhone can take good shots. Find it an hassle to lug around a camera, charger etc for trips.

Yah lor. Nowadays no one take photo le lah. Go buy a insta 360 go. hahaha. Clip around and save all your memories. 🙂

• Haha! 1

1 minute ago, kobayashiGT said:

Yah lor. Nowadays no one take photo le lah. Go buy a insta 360 go. hahaha. Clip around and save all your memories. 🙂

Ok then I shouldn't buy another camera.

35 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Yah lah

Iphone good enough for this kind of shots.

:D

image.thumb.png.4260a11d590240336df688391622f4d2.png

How cum you had to go so low...i mean low angle...槟榔妹 had to do squat for you...i tink her best angle was at the neck level...or was trying to under cover...i mean cover her under...😁

Like the matching hair highlight and heels...

• Haha! 2

phone camera hav come a long way, if oni they can fix or overcome e flash issue. Phone flash imo is just too weak when u need it, but other than tat, I'm generally ok w a phone camera....easi, convenience, PnS, no extra stuff to carry & nowadays pix quality gd enough 4 me.

Just look at all e food pix in e makan thread....

Edited by zipping
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

15 minutes ago, zipping said:

phone camera hav come a long way, if oni they can fix or overcome e flash issue. Phone flash imo is just too weak when u need it, but other than tat, I'm generally ok w a phone camera....easi, convenience, PnS, no extra stuff to carry & nowadays pix quality gd enough 4 me.

Just look at all e food pix in e makan thread....

Even camera has build-in flash issue

Xiaomi has this additional light for mobile phone.

↡ Advertisement